Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2020
40 Reasons 40 Reasons is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 162
Brackets out

3A 138 they did wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-16-2020
ctdad ctdad is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
3A 138 they did wrong.
So explain whatís wrong (Iím not saying itís right or wrong as is).
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-16-2020
40 Reasons 40 Reasons is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 162
Because Lopez should be seeded 3 and Ferguson 2
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-16-2020
WrestlingFan2k6 WrestlingFan2k6 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 11
160 is wrong also. Odom should be the top seed.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-16-2020
wagon0619 wagon0619 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
Because Lopez should be seeded 3 and Ferguson 2
Lopez has 10 for qualifying and 20 for placing 6th last year. Ferguson has 10 for qualifying and 15 for wins I believe, so I think itís correct.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-16-2020
40 Reasons 40 Reasons is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon0619 View Post
Lopez has 10 for qualifying and 20 for placing 6th last year. Ferguson has 10 for qualifying and 15 for wins I believe, so I think itís correct.
I think you are right. I didn't think you got qualifying and placing points.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-16-2020
wagon0619 wagon0619 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Reasons View Post
I think you are right. I didn't think you got qualifying and placing points.
If you look at terms and conditions page on IHSA you only get one but in the schools manual you get both and I think thatís what they go by
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-16-2020
Mainefan Mainefan is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Des Plaines
Posts: 2,383
160 Odom and Gillum were tied with 25pts. 10 for making state and 15 for 37+ victories. They would have flipped a coin. That would explain for Odom seeded 2nd. However Conway, did not make state so would only have 15 pts. he should be seeded 3rd. At 138, I am confused. Would Lopez get both 20 pts. for placing 6th and 10pts for qualifying for state? Then his 30 pts would put him #2 over Ferguson's 25pts (10 for placing, 15 for 37+ victories). If the 20 pts you get for 4th-6th include the 10 for making state, then he would only have Lopez would only have 20 pts and Ferguson should be #2 seed. I, also do not see how at 126, Spencer is not the 2 seed and Kaminski, the 3 seed. Spencer 10pts for 34 wins, 10pts, for being a returning state qualifier. Kaminski 15pts for 41 wins. That is his total being that he did not make state.


I would like to see a system where points would be given for placing in a previous year. Former state champion, Jake Rundell, should be a 2 seed, not a 4 seed. Too stiff a penalty for wrestlers who are unable because of injury to compete at state, when in previous year they proved how good they are.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2020
Mainefan Mainefan is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Des Plaines
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagon0619 View Post
If you look at terms and conditions page on IHSA you only get one but in the schools manual you get both and I think thatís what they go by
Thanks for clarifying this rule.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-16-2020
40 Reasons 40 Reasons is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainefan View Post
160 Odom and Gillum were tied with 25pts. 10 for making state and 15 for 37+ victories. They would have flipped a coin. That would explain for Odom seeded 2nd. However Conway, did not make state so would only have 15 pts. he should be seeded 3rd. At 138, I am confused. Would Lopez get both 20 pts. for placing 6th and 10pts for qualifying for state? Then his 30 pts would put him #2 over Ferguson's 25pts (10 for placing, 15 for 37+ victories). If the 20 pts you get for 4th-6th include the 10 for making state, then he would only have Lopez would only have 20 pts and Ferguson should be #2 seed. I, also do not see how at 126, Spencer is not the 2 seed and Kaminski, the 3 seed. Spencer 10pts for 34 wins, 10pts, for being a returning state qualifier. Kaminski 15pts for 41 wins. That is his total being that he did not make state.


I would like to see a system where points would be given for placing in a previous year. Former state champion, Jake Rundell, should be a 2 seed, not a 4 seed. Too stiff a penalty for wrestlers who are unable because of injury to compete at state, when in previous year they proved how good they are.
It's time to just seed it by committee. Rundell and Ragusin are the two best wrestlers in the state of Illinois and they are on the same side. Just dumb. The IHSA employees make an awful lot of money. I think we should hold them to a higher standard.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.