Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

The last thing we want is seeding by a committee. This system is fine. It will never be perfect, as no seeding criteria will ever be perfect.
Old 02-16-2020

We have all been there!!

I would agree that there is problems with the seeding, but I think the sectional seeding criteria is where we need to start; it is by far much worse than the state series. Look at 285 Quincy and 138 Barrington. That being said the only way to win a state Championship is to beat the best, be it in the quarters, semis, or finals. I can't wait to watch the semifinals at several weight classes because of the seeding. Might make the 3 days of wrestling more bearable.
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider wrestling View Post
I would agree that there is problems with the seeding, but I think the sectional seeding criteria is where we need to start; it is by far much worse than the state series. Look at 285 Quincy and 138 Barrington. That being said the only way to win a state Championship is to beat the best, be it in the quarters, semis, or finals. I can't wait to watch the semifinals at several weight classes because of the seeding. Might make the 3 days of wrestling more bearable.
Ragusin and Rundell being on the same side is about possibly one of worst things I have ever seen in a really long time. Finals match at Iron man, but the IHSA canít figure this out. I donít weather to laugh or cry.
Old 02-16-2020
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughestSportEver View Post
I donít weather to laugh or cry.
I'm laughing at your use of "weather".
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
I'm laughing at your use of "weather".
Iím just so glad that I can be HERE to amuse you GN. How are those Job want Adís coming along? Monster.com maybe ? Any luck? Putting my money on that you are rooting for Bernie to win in November.
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Ragusin and Rundell being on the same side is about possibly one of worst things I have ever seen in a really long time. Finals match at Iron man, but the IHSA canít figure this out. I donít weather to laugh or cry.
Ironman? I donít think OPRF was there this year.... Doc B final
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Iím just so glad that I can be HERE to amuse you GN. How are those Job want Adís coming along? Monster.com maybe ? Any luck? Putting my money on that you are rooting for Bernie to win in November.
Let's keep politics out of these discussions. Makes no difference if we are liberals or conservatives. We are on this site because we all support wrestling.
Old 02-16-2020
Varsity

What are the times for each day look like. Is that information available anywhere?

Champ
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulach View Post
What are the times for each day look like. Is that information available anywhere?

Champ
on IHSA website. Go to Boys Wrestling. Under resources there is the state finals time schedule.
Old 02-16-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Hey old timers - what are some of the more famous semi matches that should have been finals?

I have no comment on this one - because a trip to the finals is not a given, but some of the best matches are in the 1/4's and finals because so many champs happen to be pretty dominant.