Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 02-20-2020
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
It is amazing the mental gymnastics you have to play to defend the indefensible.

It is quite convenient for you to discredit every single academic institution in the world because somehow they would go out of business without their pro-climate funding. Harvard would shut their doors if it wasn't for that big windmill money they get. Our very finest institutions.

Oh and I don't know how business works because when they tell the truth about the science behind climate change they are just really lying so more customers will buy their products. Even though their OWN RESEARCH has been uncovered and revealed they knew about the impact of fossil fuel on climate change decades ago.

Look Mal I can give you private funded studies, not-for-profit studies, studies from private institutions, etc. etc. All day long. All year long. But it will never get through your thick skull. You have too much of silly pride invested in this bullcrap.

Seriously you will be respected much more on this board if you finally admit you are wrong.
There is no such thing as big windmill money because they can't turn a profit...they are just a drain on the taxpayers. Our local wind turbine will never even generate enough electricity to pay for the initial 30 million dollar investment...it's just a hole to dump tax dollars into...it's always broke down...and get this...it is not designed to work in high winds...they have to shut it down in 30 mph winds.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-20-2020
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
There is no such thing as big windmill money because they can't turn a profit...they are just a drain on the taxpayers. Our local wind turbine will never even generate enough electricity to pay for the initial 30 million dollar investment...it's just a hole to dump tax dollars into...it's always broke down...and get this...it is not designed to work in high winds...they have to shut it down in 30 mph winds.
Surely you must be mistaken because their profits are so huge that they have bent every major academic institution to their will. Institutions that know global warming is a hoax but they just can't seem to resist all those big donations from the mighty windmill industry. Cal Tech was about to close their doors until some of that windmill money started showing up.

Don't forget the powerful windmill lobby in Washington too. Flashing around all those massive windmill profits to make NASA lie on their website. You know NASA. They are so easily influenced by big money. NASA is pretty much just a pawn to the Windmills. I am surprised they haven't convinced NASA to use windmills in space. Probably because the aliens don't want the big cancer risk.

It is fun to play stupid like you Mal. They say the Conservative mind is driven by fears. You must terrified of your own shadow to be able to shed so much logic in your day to day thought processes.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-20-2020
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,163
Fly, You make perfect sense to me! But remember, Trump and his supporters want one thing and thatís profit, thatís it, it is all about money.
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-21-2020
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Fly, You make perfect sense to me! But remember, Trump and his supporters want one thing and thatís profit, thatís it, it is all about money.
If a company makes a profit, they will be paying taxes to fund your retirement...the wind industry is consuming taxes that could be funding your retirement. Many of these wind turbines are nearing the end of their life span, and will need to be replaced or rebuilt. If they haven't been profitable, why does it make sense to rebuild them?...unless you want to take us back to the stone age.

There is another way to look at this. Cost can be loosely connected to the carbon foot print. If wind is more expensive it could be argued that its carbon foot print is larger to build and maintain a wind generating system.

I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that a dollar spent on Nuclear energy will generate 5 or 6 times the amount of electricity that wind or solar will for that same dollar. Wind has been a failed experiment...if it is not reducing the cost of electricity, I start to suspect that the purpose may have been to increase the cost of electricity for selfish political gains.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-21-2020
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Surely you must be mistaken because their profits are so huge that they have bent every major academic institution to their will. Institutions that know global warming is a hoax but they just can't seem to resist all those big donations from the mighty windmill industry. Cal Tech was about to close their doors until some of that windmill money started showing up.

Don't forget the powerful windmill lobby in Washington too. Flashing around all those massive windmill profits to make NASA lie on their website. You know NASA. They are so easily influenced by big money. NASA is pretty much just a pawn to the Windmills. I am surprised they haven't convinced NASA to use windmills in space. Probably because the aliens don't want the big cancer risk.

It is fun to play stupid like you Mal. They say the Conservative mind is driven by fears. You must terrified of your own shadow to be able to shed so much logic in your day to day thought processes.
Wind turbines don't have profits, they have losses. The purpose of a wind turbine is to increase the burden on the taxpayer. A wind turbine is basically a tax.

About the only fear that a conservative has is of God...well...and being robbed/taxed at gun point by a liberal.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 02-21-2020
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Wind turbines don't have profits, they have losses. The purpose of a wind turbine is to increase the burden on the taxpayer. A wind turbine is basically a tax.

About the only fear that a conservative has is of God...well...and being robbed/taxed at gun point by a liberal.
Yeah all your information is just stupid inaccurate BS as usual:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/4695670002/

Your brain is a tax on intelligent people everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 02-21-2020
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Fly, You make perfect sense to me! But remember, Trump and his supporters want one thing and thatís profit, thatís it, it is all about money.
When has Trump ever turned a profit? He lost more money than any single individual in the 90s. He is bankrupting the US just like he bankrupted every company he ever ran. Unfortunately his Daddy can't bail out the US.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 02-21-2020
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,163
MAL knows all too well that if you cut corners on the environment you can save money. Conversely, if one cares about cleaning up their own mess it will cost some money. That is what I meant by profit. He is taking it like I am saying there is huge money to be made. I am just saying, no, thereís a planet That can be spared. But go ahead man, tear it up, All of those 401(k)s are sitting pretty arenít they?
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 02-21-2020
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Yeah all your information is just stupid inaccurate BS as usual:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/4695670002/

Your brain is a tax on intelligent people everywhere.
I know a lot of farmers...they are not stupid...probably their number one skill is knowing how to cash in on government subsidies. Don't get me wrong, if they wanted to pay me to put a turbine on my property, I would not have a problem with it if the checks are big enough.

I guess we will see if wind turbines survive as the subsidies dry up.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 02-21-2020
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
MAL knows all too well that if you cut corners on the environment you can save money. Conversely, if one cares about cleaning up their own mess it will cost some money. That is what I meant by profit. He is taking it like I am saying there is huge money to be made. I am just saying, no, thereís a planet That can be spared. But go ahead man, tear it up, All of those 401(k)s are sitting pretty arenít they?
Co2 is not a pollutant that needs to be cleaned up...that's the scam. Real pollution is a different subject.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.