Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 02-26-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Word I have is that nothing is official yet in terms of him being fired.
Heard the same currently on suspension.Mineo likes to jump the gun on rumors as fact.Sometimes he's right more then not actually.
Old 02-26-2020
Olympian

I have no knowledge of this particular situation. But I have been a public school teacher for 28 years. A couple of things, first of all, DCFS is the first line of defense. I have broken up countless fights. It is such a slippery slope because You can be found negligent for not intervening or for putting your hands on a kid. I saw a kid strangling a girl against the locker and I’m saying thumbs on the trachea. I asked him to take his hands off her and I saw her eyes roll back.I snatched his hands off her and he jumped on me and I simply inside tripped him to the ground in control. Students and administration thanked me for intervening but DCFS was called. Once they are called they render it either founded or unfounded. In my case it was declared unfounded because they were mutual combatants. It does stay on my record, which it should because if someone has 20 unfounded DCFS claims where there is smoke there is fire. I’m sure someone will jump down my throat and mention Penn State or the Catholic Church. But the reason they suspended with pay until an investigation is done is because if someone is terminated for something falsely that would be a huge lawsuit. But if you’ve been following the situation at Lincoln Park administrators are under great pressureBecause if they do not act they are terminated. Again, I have no idea about anything that happened at Montini. What I am trying to say is another teacher witnessed a fight and did not intervene and the school terminated him for not stopping children from harming themselves.
Old 02-26-2020
Olympian

With that said, am I the only one thinking that a lot of old school coaches from back in the day would not last One season these days? And no I am not condoning use in any type of physical force for discipline. Let me put it this way, if I took the kids on a field trip to Brookfield zoo and one of the kids climbed the railing and jumped in with the Tigers. I would be looking for a job.
Old 02-26-2020
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by calotofwrestling View Post
Heard the same currently on suspension.Mineo likes to jump the gun on rumors as fact.Sometimes he's right more then not actually.
Bad journalism to jump on rumors as facts.
Old 02-26-2020
World Champ

The tweet was removed. Think we can assume the jury is still deciding...smh
Old 02-26-2020
Varsity

I think itís horrible to attack a high school student like you did in an effort to defend an Adult! Shame on you for making those statements about a student! Inappropriate!
Old 02-26-2020
World Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat&Happy View Post
I think itís horrible to attack a high school student like you did in an effort to defend an Adult! Shame on you for making those statements about a student! Inappropriate!
Who in the sam hell you talking to bruh?
Old 02-26-2020
Varsity

Response Sam Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughestSportEver View Post
Word on the street is that the kid leveling the accusations is a total F up. I know you Izzy haters out there won’t want to hear that, but it is 100% true. Wait till you hear some of the stories. You won’t believe it. It goes beyond what one could even imagine. Seriously. Family is running for cover and making up stories. Some of these stories would make the WGN news. The Kid is seriously messed up. Always Remember one thing, the truth is always the truth. Even if it’s not what you haters want to hear. Everything has been documented over time. And time stamped.
Response Sam Hill I guess the kids behavior didn’t keep him from wrestling at the state tournament! Or wrestling for Montini! Or placing in state!
Old 02-26-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat&Happy View Post
I think it’s horrible to attack a high school student like you did in an effort to defend an Adult! Shame on you for making those statements about a student! Inappropriate!
Oh sure. Because all kids are angels. Surrrrrrreeeee!!!! This one certainly is no angel.
Spoken like some who has no clue about anything. Always side with a kid.... Ha. Kids lie more then you could ever imagine.

I’m guessing you never had kids.
Old 02-26-2020
Varsity

I wonder how many other Angels will have the courage to step up and tell their story!
Sponsored Links