Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 07-21-2017
Varsity

Private to Private

What is the IHSA rule on transferring from private to private? Seems to be inconsistent.
Old 07-21-2017
Varsity

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
What is the IHSA rule on transferring from private to private? Seems to be inconsistent.
Welcome to the IHSA
Old 07-22-2017
Varsity

Stay tuned!!!

Oh we will find out soon enough in about 30 days or less when the "privates" will be back in full swing!!!

Lots of movement of BIG NAMES this upcoming school year.....
Old 07-24-2017
Varsity

Montini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Weber View Post
Oh we will find out soon enough in about 30 days or less when the "privates" will be back in full swing!!!

Lots of movement of BIG NAMES this upcoming school year.....
As stated earlier, Lombard Montini should have six state champs, along with a bunch of placers. I dont know if anyone can close in on them.......
Old 07-24-2017
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinpride View Post
As stated earlier, Lombard Montini should have six state champs, along with a bunch of placers. I dont know if anyone can close in on them.......
Nobody is going to touch Montini next year here in Illinois and IMO they have a realistic shot at a national title.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 07-24-2017
Varsity

For them to contend for national title they must win the Iron man. They will dominate all other duals and tournaments on their schedule.
Old 07-25-2017
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
For them to contend for national title they must win the Iron man. They will dominate all other duals and tournaments on their schedule.
They don't need to win the Ironman. IF they place top 3 in a close tournament and then go undefeated in dual meets and win the other tournaments they are in...and I believe they are back in The Clash...knock off Buchanan, St Edward, etc and win The Clash they have a very good chance.

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 07-26-2017
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
They don't need to win the Ironman. IF they place top 3 in a close tournament and then go undefeated in dual meets and win the other tournaments they are in...and I believe they are back in The Clash...knock off Buchanan, St Edward, etc and win The Clash they have a very good chance.

I think they will need to win the Ironman since Blair returns 11 out of 14 wrestlers and they are the clear favorite to win the mythical national championship...again. Many of the top teams from last year's Ironman only lose a few starters and I am sure they will pick up some studs. Blair loses 3, Graham loses only 1, Lake Highland Prep loses 3, Malvern Prep loses 2. If Buchanan is back at the Clash, they only lose 4 wrestlers from their dual roster (they were a young and talented team last year). Sounds like Montini got a lot better this year, however so did a lot of teams ahead of them. I think we will need to see how the lineups play out before being able to make accurate predictions. Projected lineups for Montini and the other top IL teams???
Old 07-26-2017
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueOne View Post
I think they will need to win the Ironman since Blair returns 11 out of 14 wrestlers and they are the clear favorite to win the mythical national championship...again. Many of the top teams from last year's Ironman only lose a few starters and I am sure they will pick up some studs. Blair loses 3, Graham loses only 1, Lake Highland Prep loses 3, Malvern Prep loses 2. If Buchanan is back at the Clash, they only lose 4 wrestlers from their dual roster (they were a young and talented team last year). Sounds like Montini got a lot better this year, however so did a lot of teams ahead of them. I think we will need to see how the lineups play out before being able to make accurate predictions. Projected lineups for Montini and the other top IL teams???
The 2nd string on many of these teams would do very well in the state series and do not get a shot until junior / senior most likely. Probably leads to some crazy weight cutting to fit a slot that a kid could start in...I am surprised these clubs can reload so fast because it is probably a tough choice to want to join a team with all 4 year starters ahead of you... - you would get good though...
Old 07-26-2017
Olympian

Send a message via AIM to Radical
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueOne View Post
Agreed. This will likely be their only competition they attend with Blair, Graham and other top teams in the field, unless some of these teams are also in the Clash or Cheesehead. Montini's lineup will be very strong, especially from 106 through 152. Draws will be important at the Ironman. Montini has several wrestlers with very high national rankings, who will have multiple higher ranked wrestlers in their bracket. The Montini guys can and will win several of these matches, but the competition is stiff and the team championship is far from guaranteed. It is hard to speculate on their lineup. Some wrestlers may cut for Ironman and wrestle up a weight for the remainder of the year. Also, they move weights at duals very efficiently. It is very hard to say what the lineup will be until they weigh in and even then it is only speculative as to who they will send out at a dual.
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting. George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant, "The Sporting Spirit", 1950
Sponsored Links