Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2019

Glenbard East

Refused to let their 145 wrestle Burlinton Central's 145. They said their kid had a knee injury, and did not want to make it worse. He wrestled a kid from Eisenhower, forfeited to BC, and then pinned a kid from Addison Trail. Running from the competition or protecting his record? Either way, that is chicken shift. The GE wrestler apologized to the BC wrestler for not wrestling him.
Old 01-26-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkisms View Post
Refused to let their 145 wrestle Burlinton Central's 145. They said their kid had a knee injury, and did not want to make it worse. He wrestled a kid from Eisenhower, forfeited to BC, and then pinned a kid from Addison Trail. Running from the competition or protecting his record? Either way, that is chicken shift. The GE wrestler apologized to the BC wrestler for not wrestling him.
I have zero issues with this 1 week away from regionals. The defending state champ from Burlington should take it as a complement. Why wrestle a match you cannot win and risk injury in a match that means very little when you have the biggest tournament of the year next week. This is why coaches get paid and fans do not get any say in who wrestles where.
Old 01-26-2019

I do have issue with it. I think it's cowardly. Who said the East kid could not win? The match is not won on paper. I want my wrestler to wrestle the best competition possible going into the postseason. Because the coaches get paid, that makes them right?
Old 01-26-2019
Stay off the head

Who cares what you think, the bottom line is these kids are at their peak health starting next week. You using the term cowardly is laughable, another sofa warrior.
Old 01-26-2019

Sofa Warrior? I guess we will agree to disagree. Good luck next week.
Old 01-26-2019
Olympian

I wish GE had put him out there. I heard they were only looking out for the BC wrestlers welfare.
Old 01-26-2019
Varsity

[QUOTE=Hawkisms;549454]Refused to let their 145 wrestle Burlinton Central's 145. They said their kid had a knee injury, and did not want to make it worse. He wrestled a kid from Eisenhower, forfeited to BC, and then pinned a kid from Addison Trail. Running from the competition or protecting his record? Either way, that is chicken shift. The GE wrestler apologized to the BC wrestler for not wrestling him.[/QUOTE

Lighten up Francis.
Old 01-26-2019

So they were looking out for the wrestlers health? If he was healthy enough to wrestle Addison Trail, why wasn't he healthy enough to wrestle BC?
Old 01-26-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkisms View Post
Couldn’t agree with you more. You are out there to wrestle.

Doesn’t matter what the coaches say the reasoning was. It looks plain and simple. Dodging another wrestler

Especially if he wrestled after he forfeited.

Once you forfeit or injury default in a match. You should have to injury default/forfeit the rest of the tournament.
Old 01-26-2019
Varsity

The reason is maybe they thought he could beat the other kids at 80-90% Maybe he feels fine. But, why push it with a week left against a State Champ. Where even if he was completly healthy it would be huge problems maybe for him? The only thing that matters is what wresters do starting next week. It's a marathon until the last 3 weeks. Let's say he was banged up and wrestled it and got hurt? It happens that's why coaches experience matters and you on here chirping is pretty ignorant.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread