Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 04-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
Klean, I have certainly participated in these events with both of my sons.

Mostly they were post season but a few in-season mixed in with Coach Elias and Coach King back in the day... (hi guys!)

We won every dual meet event we went to. AAU, Heartland, etc. because those teams were built to win not so that some coach's kid would get a chance to be on a team or some other coach could recruit away a couple of potential stud partners.

I remember three Illinois teams typically going. A few of the kids on the other teams could have been good choices for the teams my sons were on but for whatever reason...

Here's where we are now: participation overall is down. NUmber of clubs is way up. Number of actual quality clubs is way down.

Furthermore, number of dual teams going out of state routinely is way up. Number of out-of-state opportunities are also way up.

Charity begins at home. If we don't support the organization we all belong to it will be impacted. Make no mistake. IKWF is strong but no one is THAT strong.

Clubs use tournaments to make ends meet. You blow off any club's tournament, they're likely to return the favor. If your club doesn't run a tournament then I guess you won't care until you see it crumbling around you. Well... those aren't cookie crumbs.

I was told IKWF Gold recently got dusted by Oregon in a duals event. OREGON! Never happened on my watch. The overall quality and depth of wrestlers being produced is headed in the wrong direction mainly for many of the reasons I noted above.

Since many of you are too stupid to realize all this. I would fully support the IKWF levying such a restriction. It certainly beats all the by-laws on holdbacks which don't work.
Kev,

Believe me my entire family is very loyal to my son's registered ikwf club....We go above and beyund when it comes to support, but mismanagement by club owners, club politics and the grass is always greener on the other side parents attributes to people wanting to jump clubs....Why should these issues affect what "All Star" team my son chooses or chooses not to wrestle on?

Maybe it's time for clubs that have issue with "All Star" teams to try thinking out of the box on how to generate more money I and offer more opportunity to their respective clubs and let my son and countless other kids choose what they want to do and what they don't. Stop hoarding them like sheep for the almighty dollar...because bottom line that's what's going on here....
Old 04-15-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Know View Post
A wrestler cannot wrestler from other teams to compete with them at out-of-state allstar tournaments during the IKWF competition season.
No more traveling teams made up of other clubs DURING the IKWF competitive season.

Wow. Just wow.
Old 04-15-2019
Varsity

Imitation is the best form of flattery. No doubt Israel Martinez runs one of the most successful programs in the state if not the country. What is his take on kids wrestling for other teams? Somebody mentioned let’s get the kids ready for high school.

My goal is to build the Force and when kids are missing your own practices to practice with other clubs it has a negative impact on a program. Those that put in season travel teams together do not have the best interest of their own club in mind.

Following in Izzy Style’s footsteps, because he obviously knows what he is doing, the Force will run practices at JCA and a Naperville/Aurora high school next season. Full practice schedule for all levels at both locations. All Naperville/Oswego/Aurora wrestlers are welcome. No experienced needed.
Old 04-15-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I was told IKWF Gold recently got dusted by Oregon in a duals event. OREGON! Never happened on my watch. The overall quality and depth of wrestlers being produced is headed in the wrong direction mainly for many of the reasons I noted above.

May want to get better sources. Oregon won 9 matches, IK won 8, competitive match against a good team and far from a dusting. Maybe Oregon never got you on your watch but I can't say the same for Minnesota or Indiana.

Here is a novel idea; let's congratulate the kids who took 2nd at Danville and 3rd/4th at Heartland for representing the state very well the past couple of weeks. They are a great group of young men and they have a lot to be proud of.

Keep it klassy.

Last edited by oldfat145; 04-15-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfat145 View Post
May want to get better sources. Oregon won 9 matches, IK won 8, competitive match against a good team and far from a dusting. Maybe Oregon never got you on your watch but I can't say the same for Minnesota or Indiana.

Here is a novel idea; let's congratulate the kids who took 2nd at Danville and 3rd/4th at Heartland for representing the state very well the past couple of weeks. They are a great group of young men and they have a lot to be proud of.

Keep it klassy.
Not sure what "klassy" is... Must be like "klean"... my other friend who is probably gonna need to change his club affiliation shortly.

Congratulations on taking 2nd. Back in my day that was considered a disappointment. But you guys who are all in it for the wonderful bonding experience and the life lessons and oh so "klassy" are also pretty full of carp too.

Your son had a great match vs. some top IESA competition. Was it klassy though to go pointing that out to everyone else. Yes, he got his name dragged through the muck on here. By idiots. Get used to it.

Maybe now they will at least get your name spelled correctly. It's "Da..." not "De..." I dealt with Swi..." vs. "Swe..." for years.

So how are my sources on this?

If you're ready to put Oregon on the same level as Indiana and Minnesota then I'm out of ideas... if you believe that the overall breadth of talent in the IKWF is as good as it has been in years past, then you're entitled to your opinion.

Oh, and one last thing, before your son stepped onto the mat to begin the last five matches of the championship dual, the score was 45-15. You would've needed five straight pins just to tie. If you wanna pretend that isn't a dusting that's not being klassy... it's kookoo. JUst trying to be akkurate. No slight to the kids ever intended. Just proving a point.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon

Last edited by Truth is Out There; 04-16-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2019

Quote:
Not sure what "klassy" is... Must be like "klean"... my other friend who is probably gonna need to change his club affiliation shortly.

Congratulations on taking 2nd. Back in my day that was considered a disappointment. But you guys who are all in it for the wonderful bonding experience and the life lessons and oh so "klassy" are also pretty full of carp too.

Your son had a great match vs. some top IESA competition. Was it klassy though to go pointing that out to everyone else. Yes, he got his name dragged through the muck on here. By idiots. Get used to it.

Maybe now they will at least get your name spelled correctly. It's "Da..." not "De..." I dealt with Swi..." vs. "Swe..." for years.

So how are my sources on this?

If you're ready to put Oregon on the same level as Indiana and Minnesota then I'm out of ideas... if you believe that the overall breadth of talent in the IKWF is as good as it has been in years past, then you're entitled to your opinion.
Kev,

I have nothing to hide or my son's club affiliation.. I am entitled to my opinion as you are and everyone else here. Just because the Shepard says turn left doesnt mean that everyone in the flock has to agree...If there is an issue with our club affiliation being public, and your suggesting that I should change it makes me wonder what your implying?
Old 04-16-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleanSweep View Post
Kev,

I have nothing to hide or my son's club affiliation.. I am entitled to my opinion as you are and everyone else here. Just because the Shepard says turn left doesnt mean that everyone in the flock has to agree...If there is an issue with our club affiliation being public, and your suggesting that I should change it makes me wonder what your implying?
Neither of us believe that... since you want to personalize, allow me to return the favor and address you by YOUR name please.

What was the line from Lord of the Rings?

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 04-16-2019
Varsity

Mack your posts are too long to read so I am only addressing what caught my attention. You are entitled to your opinion. When you register for a club and pay fees the club has a responsibility to provide quality instruction and the registered wrestler has an obligation to be at scheduled practices with the exception of health or family/school functions. That’s just my opinion. What if wrestlers miss 1 practice a week to train elsewhere. How about 10 practices throughout the season? 20 practices? What do you think is reasonable or acceptable? As a parent/coach I understand your main concern is for your own wrestlers. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion. As a head coach the obligation should be what is in the best interest of the whole club.
Old 04-16-2019
Varsity

If you need the IKWF to protect your son or daughter from weight cutting you are a lost cause. Parents risking their kids health for the sake of a dual team? I blame the parent!! Travel the country all year round. Maintain or cut weight all year round. Parents know what is best for their own kids.
Old 04-16-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:

I don't nor will I ever comment on matches involving my son (teammates or club) on this board regardless of the outcome. What I will say is that any in state opponents we have faced over the past few weeks have been nothing but class acts and when we are not across the mat from them we will be cheering for their future success.

I fully understand that back in the good old days IK won every dual 102-0 and anything short is failure. Even so, it's pretty klassy calling out a great group of kids who went 11-2 over the past two weeks and did a fantastic job representing the state.

Last edited by oldfat145; 04-16-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Sponsored Links