Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-07-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,416
Braunagel Monsters Now to Dominate World!

Ö or at least the Western Hemisphere.

There are ILLINI twins in Guatemala right now getting ready to win some metal in Junior Freestyle. The Braunagels should have probably wrestled in the Greco portion of the tournament as well, but we'll talk about that later. First, lets get to what they are actually doing.

Quote:
"GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala Ė The U.S. menís freestyle team received its draws for the final day of the 2019 Junior Pan American Championships in Guatemala City. Action begins at 12 p.m. CT and finals are set for 7 p.m. CT live on Trackwrestling.com."
These are the draws for the twins:




In the Greco portion of the event, which has already been completed, the Americans earned a fifth place and four silvers at weights the Braunagels might have been able to make (72, 77, 82, 87).

Trackwrestling will supposedly have video and live results.

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-07-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,416
The Braunagels have won twin Gold Medals and are the Kings of the Western Hemisphere! Big Braunagel beat a Cuban 11-2 in the finals; Little Braunagel teched his opponent in the finals.

Not all the American freestylers won gold. Great wrestlers like Jake Woodley and Real Woods settled for silver.

Congratulations to the Braunagels, their Coaches, and the United States of America. These men are now Pan Am Championship Champions!

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-08-2019
dadudaman4 dadudaman4 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
The Braunagels have won twin Gold Medals and are the Kings of the Western Hemisphere! Big Braunagel beat a Cuban 11-2 in the finals; Little Braunagel teched his opponent in the finals.

Not all the American freestylers won gold. Great wrestlers like Jake Woodley and Real Woods settled for silver.

Congratulations to the Braunagels, their Coaches, and the United States of America. These men are now Pan Am Championship Champions!

GO ILLINI!!!
Really looking forward to seeing them in the Illini lineup this coming year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2019
jay31 jay31 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 218
Also Illini commit Luke Odom from Edwardsville went 6-0 outscoring opponents 63-9 (8 of the 9 in one match) to help Illinois to 1st place at the Junior Greco Nationals at 145 pounds.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay31 View Post
Also Illini commit Luke Odom from Edwardsville went 6-0 outscoring opponents 63-9 (8 of the 9 in one match) to help Illinois to 1st place at the Junior Greco Nationals at 145 pounds.

Just saw that Luke Odom teched his opponent in the finals of the Junior Freestyle Duals. He's on a roll! The ILLINOIS team came up a pount short againt Oklahoma, 32-33. The Okies won eight matches; the good guys won seven.

He's going to be a senior in high school this year. Pretty cool!

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-22-2019
Skidoojunky Skidoojunky is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 54
Zach and Danny are monsters and great all around young men. Glad to see them doing well. They have very bright futures.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-23-2019
jay31 jay31 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Just saw that Luke Odom teched his opponent in the finals of the Junior Freestyle Duals. He's on a roll! The ILLINOIS team came up a pount short againt Oklahoma, 32-33. The Okies won eight matches; the good guys won seven.

He's going to be a senior in high school this year. Pretty cool!

GO ILLINI!!!
I didnít get to watch it but that sounds like a great dual, looking at the results I see Dustin Plott future Okie State guy beat Abe Assad 4-2, guess you could say that one made the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-23-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidoojunky View Post
Zach and Danny are monsters and great all around young men. Glad to see them doing well. They have very bright futures.
So do the ILLINI. The middle weights will be absolutely epic in a couple years with the Braunagel twins and D.J. Shannon, and with Luke Odom and E'lan Heard joining the team next year.

Heard won a big tournament right after high school season ended.

Then we have guys like Mologousis, Riojas, Smith and others getting better in the room now.

These might be the most interesting wrestle offs in many years.

GO ILLINI!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-23-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay31 View Post
I didnít get to watch it but that sounds like a great dual, looking at the results I see Dustin Plott future Okie State guy beat Abe Assad 4-2, guess you could say that one made the difference.
I hope these kids know that all former wrestlers from the state really appreciate these young guys representing ILLINOIS so well.

Congratulations and thanks to a great coaching staff as well.

GO ILLINOIS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-23-2019
Truth is Out There's Avatar
Truth is Out There Truth is Out There is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay31 View Post
I didnít get to watch it but that sounds like a great dual, looking at the results I see Dustin Plott future Okie State guy beat Abe Assad 4-2, guess you could say that one made the difference.
Dustin Plott has a bright future, however, the officiating was the only difference in this match.

It's tough to beat an Oklahoma team in Oklahoma was what it looked like to me.

You could wrestle the exact same Assad/Plott match move for move and come out with Assad winning under different eyes.

I know it happens, but in another match, a move which was scored 4 red completely across from the table which overruled and talked the mat official into 4 blue was just another in a series of head-scratchers that we'll sometimes be treated to in international style scoring.

The announcers cackling and literally saying, "we all hope to see Illinois lose" was just some more endured special-ness.

If personal circumstances didn't prevent Oklahoma-bound Jake Stiles from being on the team, we would all be double-chest thumping...
__________________
"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

ďBeing honest may not get you a lot of friends but itíll always get you the right ones.Ē -- John Lennon
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.