Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 02-24-2013
Olympian

Hate to say it.....

....but this board is becoming majorly lame. It amazes me the petty, sophomoric bickering that dominates the IKWF board anymore. Seriously, this season has been so void of good wrestling discussion that I wonder why I was my time perusing for worthwhile posts. From the ridiculous posts from the trolls of the week/month to the macho, unsophisticated bullying and threats to the endless drivel and ad nauseam debate by posters who think they are sophisticated yet still feel the need to argue every point, counterpoint and rebuttal about the shade of blue that the sky is.......WHAT HAPPENED TO TALKING ABOUT WRESTLING?!?!?!?

This is IKWF Regionals weekend. This is the time of year our kids and teams have worked so hard to prepare for. Are there not accomplishments to be celebrated, great matchups to be discussed, adversities that have been overcome, etc.? Instead we criticize and critique over 3 pages someone's opinion about the use of chewing tobacco at wrestling tournaments. Look back at the last few days of January to further emphasize my observations. Right after IKWF Dual Team State.....not a single thread discussing that great event. This board is well on its way to going the way of TheMat.com's boards that a few years back suffered the same fate to where they became overrun with worthless blather that makes our sport look like a bunch of idiots. People began calling those boards TheCesspool.com and all the people who really wanted to talk about wrestling stopped coming around. Is that what we've become here? I hope not. I hope I'm proven wrong over the coming weeks. There is a lot of great wrestling coming up and hopefully a lot of great discussion to be had. Can we put the crap behind us and start talking wrestling? Or do we need to rename this board "The Jerry Springer IKWF Message Board brought to you by IllinoisMatmen.com"?
Old 02-24-2013
Varsity

I am a troll indeed but u sir r correct. I will refrain from my ignorant commenta til after the season is over. We have regionals sectionals & state lets hear sum good discussion about the sport u guys luv. Again good luck every1

"All the women want to be with me, the men want to be me"

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the Best thing going around. Wooooo!"

Ric Flair
Old 02-24-2013
Varsity

Hear ya. Let's talk wrestling.

Unrelated to your rant- I'm tired of the spam. Every other headline in all the forums is some ad for "XYC clinician" or "ABC freestyle / offseason program". The mods should consider opening an advertising-only forum completely separate from these. Those in search will easily find what they're looking for.
Old 02-24-2013
Varsity

It's the advertisers who keep the forum alive. If it weren't for them posting, there wouldn't be a Forum.
Old 02-24-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megpooch View Post
It's the advertisers who keep the forum alive. If it weren't for them posting, there wouldn't be a Forum.
Didn't mean the colored banners and official ads, just meant the cheapie posts cluttering up the forums. Even if it were a necessary revenue stream, can they not create a separate forum for them? That's all I'm saying..
Old 02-24-2013
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megpooch View Post
What a GREAT contribution to this topic.
Old 02-24-2013
Junior Varsity

What happened to all the senior wrestlers????? I'm at the regional at Plainfield Central and must say its an embarassment. Some clubs have one or no seniors, what's the deal. You have brackets that only have two kids in it, maybe they should add two regionals together.
Old 02-24-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE CRADLER View Post
What happened to all the senior wrestlers????? I'm at the regional at Plainfield Central and must say its an embarassment. Some clubs have one or no seniors, what's the deal. You have brackets that only have two kids in it, maybe they should add two regionals together.
16 weight classes and 46 kids.
Old 02-24-2013
Owner/Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flobro View Post
Didn't mean the colored banners and official ads, just meant the cheapie posts cluttering up the forums. Even if it were a necessary revenue stream, can they not create a separate forum for them? That's all I'm saying..
Do you think people would look at a forum dedicated to advertisements? The answer is no.

We allow our paying sponsors to periodically post in the forums to promote their products/services. Without sponsors, either Matmen would not exist or you would be paying a subscription for this website.

Rather than complaining about the ads, I would suggest supporting and thanking the sponsors.

As for the direction of the IKWF forum, I will admit I haven't kept a close enough eye on it the past few weeks because I have been busy with the IHSA state series.

I'm back in moderating mode and will get things cleaned up around here.
Old 02-24-2013
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don E. Brook View Post
16 weight classes and 46 kids.

Its just less then 3 kids per bracket. Four make it to sectionals, when you look at the other divisions and there are well over 100 kids there

The other regional that goes to this sectional only has 22 seniors. I guess a lot of kids arent wrestling as much as they did the last couple years. I'm seeing kids that have no business being at State going to state, because theyre only two people in their entire bracket for sectional as well as regionals.

Last edited by THE CRADLER; 02-24-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links