Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 03-03-2017
Varsity

do you think it's likely that AO will not red shirt? I hope not, he looks ready for the next level.
Old 03-03-2017
McKendree Wrestling/MBWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstick View Post
i agree joe williams is the best ihsa wrestler ever ......i know about the 3 ncaa titles and the world bronzes and i knew he won national titles but wasnt sure how many ....10 is impressive

any idea how many ikwf state championships he won ?
Every ihsa title i ever saw him win he never showed any emotion ......i recall hearing he lost a ikwf match as a youngster and lost his temper and regretted his actions after the loss and from that point never wanted to act like that again ....
its a credit to his character at a young age
not sure if there is any truth to that story maybe someone can confirm
Flashback memory to that loss/moment. IKWF finals at NIU. I wrestled for Indian Trail Jr.High-Plainfield back then (87-88 season). Joe lost, he was a little kid then...and if my memory serves me well, he kinda brushed off the handshake at the end. The crowd booed, and the Harvey Twister coach flew out of his chair, swept him up off the mat and carried him off for a little one-way conversation/coaching love. That kid was the most talented kid I had ever seen wrestle from Twister days to Senior level.
Old 03-03-2017
Wrestling Media

Quote:
11 straight illinois state titles but not until he pulls off the rare ncaa 4x champ will he be considered the "greatest ever from this state"

you said "college wont be a walk in the park"are you suggesting the previous 11 were?
just asking you to clarify not saying thats what you meant

who holds the coveted "greatest ever from this state"title currently?
Just trying to say college is very, very hard. The elimination of so many that wrestled in hs alone is a big factor. Everyone it seems in college is a state champ, All American, National hs champ. And then there is the injury / burnout factor....see Bryce Brill. Not doubting he can't do it but 4 in a row in college is hard. Heck one at any level in college is very hard.
Old 03-03-2017
Wrestling Media

Quote:
i agree joe williams is the best ihsa wrestler ever ......i know about the 3 ncaa titles and the world bronzes and i knew he won national titles but wasnt sure how many ....10 is impressive

any idea how many ikwf state championships he won ?
Every ihsa title i ever saw him win he never showed any emotion ......i recall hearing he lost a ikwf match as a youngster and lost his temper and regretted his actions after the loss and from that point never wanted to act like that again ....
its a credit to his character at a young age
not sure if there is any truth to that story maybe someone can confirm
Joe is a 3x IKWF Champion