Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 08-31-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
This is true old wise one. I am reminded of the greatest guitar player ever! Most people probably have not heard of him because he died at a young age. Terry Kath was the guitar player for the band Chicago. In 1975 at the height of their popularity, he accidentally shot himself while cleaning his gun. I will post a video of him playing , After his death they just started playing cheesy ballads.
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 08-31-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
When they opened for Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy said Terry is better than him.
https://youtu.be/7uAUoz7jimg
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 08-31-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
This is true old wise one. I am reminded of the greatest guitar player ever! Most people probably have not heard of him because he died at a young age. Terry Kath was the guitar player for the band Chicago. In 1975 at the height of their popularity, he accidentally shot himself while cleaning his gun. I will post a video of him playing , After his death they just started playing cheesy ballads.
The saddest gunfails involve the death of children. Then, there are the gunfails involving a little kid accidentally killing his Mommy or Daddy. Then, you have the sad loss of talented people like Terry Kath. I never heard of him before, but after watching your video with him treating that guitar like it had slept with his wife, I can see that we lost a great one.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 08-31-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
The saddest gunfails involve the death of children. Then, there are the gunfails involving a little kid accidentally killing his Mommy or Daddy. Then, you have the sad loss of talented people like Terry Kath. I never heard of him before, but after watching your video with him treating that guitar like it had slept with his wife, I can see that we lost a great one.
Dear wise one, can you canonize me as a deacon in your church? I will give a sermon about mad magazine. They had this thing about the fantasy and reality of situations. The example I would give is someone running in their basement on the treadmill. The reality is that treadmill collects dust it ends up on the driveway for a garage sale on the cheap. My father told me that guns are the same thing. Everyone fantasizes about saving the day in their house, when the reality is, when gun owners guns go off, the more commonly go off against someone In their own family. Accidents, children playing, a little dispute within the family or neighbors, and ultimately ends up in tragedy. May I join your church?
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 08-31-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Dear wise one, can you canonize me as a deacon in your church? I will give a sermon about mad magazine. They had this thing about the fantasy and reality of situations. The example I would give is someone running in their basement on the treadmill. The reality is that treadmill collects dust it ends up on the driveway for a garage sale on the cheap. My father told me that guns are the same thing. Everyone fantasizes about saving the day in their house, when the reality is, when gun owners guns go off, the more commonly go off against someone In their own family. Accidents, children playing, a little dispute within the family or neighbors, and ultimately ends up in tragedy. May I join your church?
It is not my church. It is our church, Brother Pioneer.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 08-31-2019
mckbln's Avatar
mckbln mckbln is offline
Sergeant Major
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: River Forest, IL
Posts: 10,002
Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Oh yea...I responded to the Village of Oak Park's idiot mayor's letter to the editor...and I nailed it!!

https://www.oakpark.com/News/Article...;t-the-problem

Mack
__________________



"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Last edited by mckbln; 09-04-2019 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 08-31-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
Oh yea...I responded to the Village of Oak Park's idiot mayor's letter to the editor...and I nailed it!!

https://www.oakpark.com/News/Opinion/

Mack
I saw your original post. When I looked at the link you sent it looks like they are building a bridge or something. Brother Mac , Come join the flock. If you were arguing that whatever weapon you were talking about is not an assault weapon, Regardless of caliber, if it can lay down 29 people in less than one minute, isn’t that a little overkill for Rattlesnakes and such?
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 08-31-2019
Blonjuan44's Avatar
Blonjuan44 Blonjuan44 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,417
23 people shot in 1 shooting today, 10 yesterday at a football game. But that is pretty much expected every weekend now in the United States (mainly), it is only Sat. on 3 day weekend. Here is the real crazy headline.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
__________________
There are two guys in that zebra costume! Very funny...
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 09-01-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
23 people shot in 1 shooting today, 10 yesterday at a football game. But that is pretty much expected every weekend now in the United States (mainly), it is only Sat. on 3 day weekend. Here is the real crazy headline.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...edium=referral
Since you are keeping score. How many were shot in the inner cities in the same time frame? Why does that stat not matter? The "no guns" crowd likes to use Chicago's dead in their body count...but they don't like to talk about Chicago's dead...Chicago is a shining example of what does not work.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 09-01-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
That is a joke. Its a different matter when representing the United States, he is welcome to embarrass himself - not as welcome when blatantly lying to other countries on our behalf. Being born super rich is not a skill. Mathematically Trump would be richer if he would have taken the massive fortune his father gave him, invested it, and stayed out of it. He declared bankruptcy 3 times and sits on a 3.5 Billion dollar debt by a German bank secured by the Russians. Can anyone explain why he continually explain why degrades US intelligence and allies in favor of Putin? Where is his American loyalty when doing that? It is weird, explain how he is not weird. Why do we want a weirdo that has the most power to initiate a nuclear war?
(Although at this point people would likely stop him like his other odd efforts. like ordering assignations that were ignored.)

https://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donal...p-index-funds/

https://www.businessinsider.com/spie...edium=referral

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-u-s...-amazon-fires/
Jerry Nadler would like to see your evidence about Trumps financial records.

Weird is an opinion. I have a lot of negative opinions about Trump...I don't know if weird is worse than cheating on you wife, or Biden walking around naked in front of secret service women...I won't disagree with your opinion...its your opinion, but what point are you making by repeating it over and over?

Obama actually intentionally targeted US citizens with drone strikes. US citizens have a constitutional right to due process. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anwar_al-Awlaki


How do you know that Trump was not lying or just being weird about assassinating people?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.