Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 01-30-2009
Life-Long Wrestler

Fvc conference tournament

Feel free to post Match results at all weights... This thread is created to help write in match results that others were not able to view. Be sure to add weight and team to your results. Open discussion of matches is welcomed. Keep it FVC...
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor. (OMERTA)
Old 01-30-2009
Old Dog- No new tricks

Brackets? Anyone!
Old 01-30-2009
Mastermind

CLC has 10 in the semis and a shot at placing all 14. DC has 7 in semis I think. I don't have brackets but if you want to know anyone inparticular maybe I can help.
Old 01-31-2009
Junior Varsity

Mchenrycountysports.com

CARPENTERSVILLE – Crystal Lake Central’s wrestling team took the lead in the Fox Valley Conference tournament Friday, earning 73 points on Day 1 of the two-day event at Dundee-Crown.

That’s no surprise, considering the Tigers are ranked No. 2 in the state in Class 2A by illinoismat men.com. What is surprising is that host D-C, ranked 17th in Class 3A, is not the team standing closest to Central.

Instead, unranked Crystal Lake South (62 points), leads D-C (52) and Prairie Ridge (52).

Wrestling will resume at 10 a.m. today at D-C with consolation and semifinal matches.

The Tigers’ lead came in part from wins by Trevor Jauch (112 pounds), Jason Fugiel (119), Christian Malouf (125) and Taylor Servant (135). Jauch won by major decision against South’s Cullen Smith, 11-1, and Servant pinned Woodstock’s Jakob Reeves at 3:03 to reach the semifinals.

Another wrestler who helped Central build on its lead was Joey Kielbasa, who won at 145 pounds by technical fall against Grayslake North’s Dominic Cervantes, 16-1.

“I tried to get shots in, and I wanted the pin, but [a tech fall] is the next best thing,” Kielbasa said. “It really shows how well you wrestled.”

South was led by Joe Fontanetta (160), Alec Uidl (171) and J.D. Barchard (215). Barchard pinned Cary-Grove’s Richard Kersten in 5:43, despite trailing Kersten heading into the third period.

“[Barchard] was down, but he did not give up,” South coach Ross Ryan said. “He wrestled for six minutes, and that’s all you can ask for. If our kids can go in with that mind-set, then we are going to be putting ourselves in good positions.”

D-C coach Al Zinke said he felt the Chargers let some matches slip past them, but that he is used to that come tournament time.

“In every tournament you have your ups and downs,” Zinke said. “There were a couple of winnable matches that I would have felt better if we won, but that’s the way it goes.”

D-C’s Josh Lee (130) was upset by Prairie Ridge’s Alec English, who won by pin in 2:36.

Prairie Ridge coach Trey Breeden said he is happy with where the Wolves stand and especially happy with the performances of Brian Cullen (103) and Zach Synon (112). Cullen pinned Chris Maier of Central in 1:16, and Synon nearly upset Johnsburg’s Ryan Vendegna.

“[Cullen and Synon] have been doing a fantastic job all season – flipping back and forth between weight classes,” Breeden said.

Synon, who also has spent time wrestling at 103 pounds this season, lost to Vendegna, 7-6. Vendegna (32-3) is ranked No. 3 in Class 2A at 112 pounds.

Grayslake Central’s Tad Vela (152) won a 3-0 decision against Grayslake North’s DJ Mendoza.

“[Mendoza] is a tough opponent, and those were some very hard earned points,” Vela said. “The cross-town rivalry definitely added to the intensity.”
Old 01-31-2009

Any news on what time finals start?
Old 02-01-2009
Life-Long Wrestler

Final team scores

Here are the FVC final team scores...

1. Crystal Lake Central - 290 points seems a little light compared to the 300 put up last year by CLC... CLC also crushed the amount of wins and placers compared to last year which makes it all seem wrong.

2. Dundee-Crown - 180

3. Prairie Ridge - 160

4. Crystal Lake South - 139

5. Woodstock - 130

6. Johnsburg - 105

7. Jacobs - 102

8. Cary-Grove - 94

9. McHenry - 84

10. Grayslake Central - 40

11. Grayslake North - 28

12. Huntley - 26
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor. (OMERTA)
Old 02-01-2009
Mastermind

There were a lot of byes and incomplete brackets which might have caused less points for CLC. I like the way the MSL does it with the top seeds wrestling in the first round.
Old 02-01-2009
Life-Long Wrestler

Points scandal

Well i agree... somewhat. The fact that most of the kids had byes actually sweetens my idea that the score could'nt be correct. If a kid has a bye the first round or anytime for that matter, and the following match they win, they will be awarded the present matches team points, as well as 6 team points for the prior bye. Thats the way ive always seen it done, but for all i know it could've changed within the year. What im saying is that if the past tournament scoring is still in effect, then i believe Crystal Lake Central was not awarded as many points as they truly earned. Whether it be human error or point shaving by the people in charge of it all, It just seems light compared to the 300 points last year.
Old 02-03-2009

Hmm I wonder if that has anything to do with crown not putting the results up yet... if they had won I bet it would be up there.
Old 02-03-2009
Observer

I would really like those brackets...
Sponsored Links

Tags
conference, fox valley conference, fvc, tournament