Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 02-25-2013
Talons Up!

Send a message via Yahoo to cmkling14
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
if you want to be upset with something, be upset with the rest of the states 1A dual teams outside of leroy and dakota. Weak isn't the word for it. Embarrassing is. It's time for these coaches to step it up. get Kids in the room, actually teach them something, get your summer program going. wrestling 2 months out of the year isnt cutting it teach..I mean coach. As in the indy tourney, we're handing out hardware to kids and teams that wouldn't sniff the medal stand 5, 10 yrs ago.
So what you are saying is Plano or Mercer County aren't worthy of your praise? The teams needed to be reseeded before wrestling started on Saturday, because IMO you had two semi-final matches in the first round.
Old 02-25-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
if you want to be upset with something, be upset with the rest of the states 1A dual teams outside of leroy and dakota. Weak isn't the word for it. Embarrassing is. It's time for these coaches to step it up. get Kids in the room, actually teach them something, get your summer program going. wrestling 2 months out of the year isnt cutting it teach..I mean coach. As in the indy tourney, we're handing out hardware to kids and teams that wouldn't sniff the medal stand 5, 10 yrs ago.

Is this a serious post? Who are you to come on here and bash every program in the state? This is a slap in the face of every kid and coach that is not LeRoy and Dakota.

Our kids and coaches work their tails off to EARN what they get! I can assure you that the kids in Mercer County are not sitting around all summer doing nothing, and they have the hardware to prove it! If they are not in the weight room or at football practice they are in the wrestling room WORKING! This year they not only EARNED a state-runner up trophy in wrestling (along with an individual state champion, a state-runner up, another all-stater, and two more qualifiers all coming out of the Oregon Sectional), but they brought home the gold in football. But...I guess we should be embarrassed about their performance. Instead, we are very proud of each and every one of them!
Old 02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by adragon View Post
Is this a serious post? Who are you to come on here and bash every program in the state? This is a slap in the face of every kid and coach that is not LeRoy and Dakota.

Our kids and coaches work their tails off to EARN what they get! I can assure you that the kids in Mercer County are not sitting around all summer doing nothing, and they have the hardware to prove it! If they are not in the weight room or at football practice they are in the wrestling room WORKING! This year they not only EARNED a state-runner up trophy in wrestling (along with an individual state champion, a state-runner up, another all-stater, and two more qualifiers all coming out of the Oregon Sectional), but they brought home the gold in football. But...I guess we should be embarrassed about their performance. Instead, we are very proud of each and every one of them!
well waah..other sports and individual accomplishments have ZERO to do with my post about dual team state. the weakness from top to bottom of a lineup is the point. You anger is misguided.
Old 02-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
Mercer County and LeRoy would have been an interesting dual. Similar scores with Dakota, although Mercer County won 5 of the contested matches vs. Dakota while LeRoy won only 2. 5 state qualifiers and 3 medalaists for MC; 6 qualifiers and 3 medalists for LeRoy, and only 160 had qualifiers for both teams.

Running through the weights, advantage LeRoy at 106, 113, 120, 126 132, 145 and 160, advantage MC at 138, 152, 170, 182, 195, and 285. MC had a state qualifier at 220, but LeRoy's had a good record, so that could be a toss-up; 160 would seem to be a good match up as well. Starting weight would be huge as far as momentum.

Looks to me if Mercer County is weak, so is LeRoy. If LeRoy is decent, then so is Mercer County.
in comparison to past leroy teams, i'd say this was a weak yr for them. yet they still were in Bloomington. I'll fix my original post to ONLY include dakota..happy now? 1a had Extremely weak dual teams this yr.
Old 02-25-2013
Varsity

Please leave LeRoy out of threads like this. While we appreciate the complimentary side to what we've done to build our program the last few years and the offseason work we put in to make it happen, we don't want to be associated with negativity in wrestling. We have great respect for all of our opponents. Dakota beats us this year even if we win the coin flip and get the match ups we wanted. Congratulations on your state championship, it is well-deserved. Don't take anything away from Mercer Co. They are an impressive team and were a couple matches going their way away from winning the state championship. Regardless, they have clearly done what it takes to build up their program, which leads me to assume they do a lot in the offseason. With a different draw, Plano, Lena-Winslow, and Wilmington, just to name 3, likely get trophies and are arguably 3 of the top 5 teams in the state this year. I know message boards are to debate and have some fun, but Class A takes enough heat from fans, bigger classes, and others. We don't need to tear ourselves down. It's not good for Class A or the sport of wrestling. Let's take the negative energy and focus it on something positive like saving Olympic wrestling.
Old 02-25-2013
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther Coach View Post
Please leave LeRoy out of threads like this. While we appreciate the complimentary side to what we've done to build our program the last few years and the offseason work we put in to make it happen, we don't want to be associated with negativity in wrestling. We have great respect for all of our opponents. Dakota beats us this year even if we win the coin flip and get the match ups we wanted. Congratulations on your state championship, it is well-deserved. Don't take anything away from Mercer Co. They are an impressive team and were a couple matches going their way away from winning the state championship. Regardless, they have clearly done what it takes to build up their program, which leads me to assume they do a lot in the offseason. With a different draw, Plano, Lena-Winslow, and Wilmington, just to name 3, likely get trophies and are arguably 3 of the top 5 teams in the state this year. I know message boards are to debate and have some fun, but Class A takes enough heat from fans, bigger classes, and others. We don't need to tear ourselves down. It's not good for Class A or the sport of wrestling. Let's take the negative energy and focus it on something positive like saving Olympic wrestling.
Well said, and congrats to LeRoy on another oustanding season!
Old 02-26-2013

in my opinion the state title was decided at the dakota reg. when dakota beat le-win. if le-win beat dakota they would have won state. it is that these two programs had the kids for a strong year. le-win we be down some next year, losing quite a few sr. but dakota should be stronger losing only 1 sr and have gained so much experience with the younger kids. i'm sure some other teams will be set up to have a strong run at the title also. but dakota has to be the favorite hands down
Old 03-02-2013
Varsity

why?

Why would anyone think Mercer County was undeserving? I thought they were a really top level team all year. I think the Leroy Mercer County dual would have been too close to call until it was over. Obviously just speculation as it didnt happen. Based on last years performance I thought LeWin and Wilmington were both contenders but sometimes its a tough trip down the qualifying road as a variety of teams have experienced over the last several years. Its all in the random draw system. Lets hope it changes in the future.
Look forward to next year.
Sponsored Links

Tags
bad, calls