Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 01-24-2014
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman67 View Post
I agree that these rankings predictions are fun, but did anyone ever go back after State and actually look at how accurate they are? I would think not very! My son has beat at least 3 kids that were listed on this, at his weight, and I honestly would be surprised if he placed this year as a first year senior! Should it continue!
FOR SURE! Because its fun! If anyone is really interested in learning anything valuable I would like them to explain it to me!
We do that every year. Depending on who posts they can be scary accurate. Hanging out in Cali nails it every year.

Btw, Ford-Melton is the top wrestler at whatever weight he goes. C. White and K. Coleman will do damage as well, and either could win. S. Bailey, Washington, and the Smith twins would have to be in the hunt as well, I would think.
Old 01-24-2014
Junior Varsity

Lol. Same here. My son has not been mentioned but has beaten many of the same kids that have. But who cares. Predictions are fun.
Old 01-24-2014
Varsity

Quote:
I agree that these rankings predictions are fun, but did anyone ever go back after State and actually look at how accurate they are? I would think not very! My son has beat at least 3 kids that were listed on this, at his weight, and I honestly would be surprised if he placed this year as a first year senior! Should it continue!
FOR SURE! Because its fun! If anyone is really interested in learning anything valuable I would like them to explain it to me!
Are your feelings hurt because your child was not mentioned? Is that why you have a new screen name? Are you the guy 4horseman was talking about with the "Track Question"?
Old 01-24-2014
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldropper View Post
Here's my list, but I didn't do age groups I just put them all together, and I did up to 101.
Sills/Fernau/Knapp/Estrada/Silzer/Ventemila
Keane/Sotelo/Surtin/Roberson/Silva/Ragusin if he cuts/Johnson
Hamiti/Kennedy/Hollis/Zerban/Cardani/Goin
Melendez/Chumbley/Friddle/Odom/Bolivar/Villar
Heller/Gaynor/Zaccone/Pierandozzi/Burnoski/Talamonti
Heller/Cassioppi/Emery/Rudsinski/Villareal/Summers
Mckenna/Bazaldua/Smith/Miranda/Egan
Madrigal/Lewan/Triana/Bittle/Mayora/Holm
Fernau is only 9
Old 01-24-2014
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post
We do that every year. Depending on who posts they can be scary accurate. Hanging out in Cali nails it every year.

Btw, Ford-Melton is the top wrestler at whatever weight he goes. C. White and K. Coleman will do damage as well, and either could win. S. Bailey, Washington, and the Smith twins would have to be in the hunt as well, I would think.
Is white going 115? What weight is Coleman?
Old 01-24-2014
mr. wrestler

Quote:
Originally Posted by up and coming View Post
Fernau is only 9
You forgot Assad and Ferrante at 101.
Old 01-24-2014
Junior Varsity

Not sure but I think the Hellers are going iesa but dominate in either and not sure rudinski does some iesa and ik not for sure were he is going but also a great wrestler
Old 01-25-2014
Unite or Die

Well Lets have a Look.....

Quote:
There was only a novice thread last year started by PCC. This is the last "list post" most post are only about individual weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary9999 View Post

Keane
(#3 63lbs) Ramos
Rundell

Scheikoven
(#2 62lbs) Cardani

Thompson
Villar
(3rd)Odom

(Champion) Pierendozzi
Emery
(#4 79lbs) Bass

Cassioppi

(#2 89lbs)Lewan
Wolfe

(champion) Hartmann
(#5)Nagel
Allen

Fernandes
(#2 95lbs) Berta
Koderhandt
(champion) O'Reilly

(108 Champion)Gross
Christenson
Randazzo
Engle

(#4 115lbs)Radev
Reese
Burbija

Peterson
(7th)Swier

(champion)Valentine
14/32 And the post that started that thread.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post

K.Schickle , (#5 70lbs)Turner,

70 (Champion 66lbs) Travis Ford Melton if he makes it back and hoping he does, great kid

79 Burnowski

84 (champion) Baz

89 (#3 95lbs) Assad

95 (Champion) [Pretty sure he meant BJ] Sincere Bailey

101 Gross?

108 (champion) Gross? Reese

122 (#3 130lbs) Graham

130 Guerrero

138 Jimenez
9/13... I guess some are better than others, but either way both of these guys make the Baseball hall of fame.
Old 01-25-2014
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Turban View Post

I haven't done it in quite some time. I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I will not be doing it again. I usually avoid this site other than to see who is taking shots at my kids, my wife, or me and how long the administrators let it go.

I agree that several Twisters will be in the hunt this year. There are some sleepers out there who are not listed. They are going to surprise some people. Hard to do a rankings from the elite tournaments as the Twisters do not attend and Gomez was not there at both events-although most were at Midwest. There were a handful of studs who also did not attend either. It is always hard to peg weights, not to mention podium placings. So many kids cutting so much these days that it is hard to predict where they will be come state time. I applaud those who attempt to add content to this site via their attempted rankings.

As an aside, I love our state tournament. There are so many great matches. It is a pleasure to be able to watch these kids develop year after year under the tutelage of some of the best kids' coaches in the country. I look forward to watching many of your kids compete in the coming weeks and wish you all good luck and good health.
Old 01-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Bit Luchador View Post
Are your feelings hurt because your child was not mentioned? Is that why you have a new screen name? Are you the guy 4horseman was talking about with the "Track Question"?
My point was he is not a contender for the title and shouldn't be on the list, but he beat a couple of kids on it. All I asked was how accurate these predictions have proven, year to year.

I have a new screen name because I forgot what it was since its been almost a year since I posted anything. I usually don't post because of guys like you who like the stir the pot and hide behind an anonymous name
Sponsored Links

Tags
half, novice, rankings, season, senior