Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-12-2019
Crystal Clearly Crystal Clearly is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Outside your house, right now
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeDownTwo View Post
How'd you come up with that?

Here's some simple analysis.

Top 6 in IllinoisMatmen Ranking:
24 - Conant
23 - Bollingbrook
20 - Joliet Central
17 - Barrington

#1s in IllinoisMatmen Ranking:
5 - Conant
5 - Joliet Central
4 - Bollingbrook
0 - Barrington
Some, who's kids (friends, teams, parents, loyalties, etc.) were at other sectionals will see things differently than others.

I am not saying that this is what is going on here though.

Everyone wants to believe that theirs was the toughest.
Judging by your numbers, it would be hard to argue.

Even though some will.

Last edited by Crystal Clearly; 02-12-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2019
TakeDownTwo TakeDownTwo is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
Some, who's kids (friends, teams, parents, loyalties, etc.) were at other sectionals will see things differently than others.

I am not saying that this is what is going on here though.

Everyone wants to believe that theirs was the toughest.
Judging by your numbers, it would be hard to argue.

Even though some will.
I should have mentioned, I really didn't want to point out that one sectional was better than another. I had no idea how the numbers would work out when I started adding them together. I just wanted to do a little analysis before asking how the poster, who felt the need to state "4 out of the 4", came up with his ranking. Maybe even expand on his reasoning.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-2019
otis otis is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Bolingbrook Brutality

Dad asks son," how does your bracket look?"
I have a kid from Sandburg, then MC kid, then Marmion, then Montini.
Lets stack best programs in one sectional,who cares about the rest of the
kids from schools in sectional?
How is this not seeded ?
They do it for Football,Basketball.
I ran into a teammate who comes home from Boston to watch Sectionals
Saturday.
Its one day and better then 3 days @ U of I.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-2019
ctdad ctdad is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeDownTwo View Post
I should have mentioned, I really didn't want to point out that one sectional was better than another. I had no idea how the numbers would work out when I started adding them together. I just wanted to do a little analysis before asking how the poster, who felt the need to state "4 out of the 4", came up with his ranking. Maybe even expand on his reasoning.
Doing the same analysis using the IWCOA rankings (top 6 only) yields a different result:

Joliet Central 24
Bolingbrook 22
Conant 20
Barrington 18

Most of which shows it is folly to try and “rank” sectionals this way. Heck, how do you even define tough? Hardest to win? Hardest to qualify out of (which would be my choice and also require analysis beyond the top 6)?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-12-2019
CoachJD CoachJD is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 159
It will vary from weight class to weight class.

I'm just glad rankings don't earn Wrestlers points before the match starts.

Zero to Zero. Wrestle!!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-12-2019
Mencoe Mencoe is offline
5 point takedown
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctdad View Post
Doing the same analysis using the IWCOA rankings (top 6 only) yields a different result:

Joliet Central 24
Bolingbrook 22
Conant 20
Barrington 18

Most of which shows it is folly to try and “rank” sectionals this way. Heck, how do you even define tough? Hardest to win? Hardest to qualify out of (which would be my choice and also require analysis beyond the top 6)?
Beyond top 6 is right. You may even have to count down all the way to top 20. Better yet find the average rank of the 4 placers and alternant. I see them equal as iv seen in many years

This year the team state teams worked out decent also. 7 of (basically) the top 10 will advance to state. Where should Marmion be ranked with all the injuries they have?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-16-2019
GOLDDOT1973 GOLDDOT1973 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole's Opionion View Post
I’m calling a upset again. The two styles don’t match well for the way that Abe wrestles now. It will work in the favor of Halvorsen I think.
You are right. Abe needs to work on his offense. He has only pinned about 95% of his matches this season
including all the way through the state finals. I guess your opinion sucks.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-16-2019
GOLDDOT1973 GOLDDOT1973 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToughestSportEver View Post
Kudos to Halvorsen also.Nice win. Unless Assad is hurt/sick, maybe would have been wise to actually not beat him at Sectionals. If Assad is healthy at state, they may have just poked the lion with a stick a little early. Disclaimer: Don't know Assad or Halvorsen in anyway shape or form. Just that we have seen it before. Gotta win when it counts. Louis Hayes lost to Real Woods 3 times a few years ago. Including in the finals at Sectionals. But surprised him in the finals at State. Had Hayes beat Woods at Sectionals, highly doubt he would have beat him in the state finals. Could be wrong, but I doubt it.
Great post-can you give me the winning Powerball numbers too?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-16-2019
Crystal Clearly Crystal Clearly is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Outside your house, right now
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOT1973 View Post
You are right. Abe needs to work on his offense. He has only pinned about 95% of his matches this season
including all the way through the state finals. I guess your opinion sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDDOT1973 View Post
Great post-can you give me the winning Powerball numbers too?
Did you have those written before Assad won, or did scratch them out right after? Wow.....

Apologies for not acknowledging Abe Assad's championship, well deserved kid.

Last edited by Crystal Clearly; 02-16-2019 at 08:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.