Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 04-18-2019
Getemboy Getemboy is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Izzy Martinez, Ruben Villareal, Eric Tannenbaum, Tony Ramos, Austin Gomez, Rudy Yates, Kris Williams. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't O'conner n White make 16 4xs
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-2019
allpowerfuloz allpowerfuloz is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getemboy View Post
Izzy Martinez, Ruben Villareal, Eric Tannenbaum, Tony Ramos, Austin Gomez, Rudy Yates, Kris Williams. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't O'conner n White make 16 4xs
4x of recent memory
Albert White St. Rita Dan Carroll 2007
Mike Benefiel Montini Mike Buchowski 2007
Johnny Jimenez Marmion Ryan Cumbee 2014
J. Cortez Marmion-Glenbard N Mark Hahn 2014
Austin O'connor St. Rita Dan Manzella 2017
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2019
Sal Bandini Sal Bandini is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 247
Kip Kristoff
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-19-2019
golden eagle 157 golden eagle 157 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 647
Isaiah white 3x
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-2019
ctdad ctdad is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,545
Jordan Blanton
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-19-2019
old105 old105 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 223
List through 2012

This is from Rob Sherrill's book Tales from the Mat.

Through 2012 there were 25 three time state champions.

Bob Strange Lawrenceville 1939,40,41
Ben Crisler, Thornton 1953,54,55
Rick Bay, Waukegan 1959,60,61
Kip Kristoff, Civic Memorial 1982,83,85
Bob Mena, Sterling Newman 1987,88,89
Brett Camden, Mahomet 1987,88,89
Jeff Mirabella, Elgin 1988,89,90
Trevor Elliott, Sandwich 1990,91,92
Tyler Hurry, Riverdale 1993,94,95
Tom LeCuyer, Plano 1994,95,96
Cal Ferry, Harlem 1998,99,00
Israel Martinez, West Aurora 1998,99,00
Steve Amy, Rockridge 1997,99,00
Eric Tannenbaum, Naperville North 2001,01,03
Ruben Villareal, Plano 200,01,03
Matt Wenger, Dakota 2004,05,06
John Starzyk, Providence 2005,06,07
Jordan Blanton, Richmond Burton 2005,06,08
Conrad Polz, Sandburg 2006,07,08
Tony Ramos, Glenbard North 2007,08,09
Lee Munster, Grant 2007,09,10
Trevor Jauch, CLC 2009,10,11
Joey Kielbasa, CLC 2009,10,11
Nick Harrison, Stillman Valley 2009,10,11
Dylan Reel, Wachington 2009,10,12
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-19-2019
petersenkid2 petersenkid2 is offline
Crystal Lake
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,421
Here's what I've got.... 35 3-Timers.
There's probably an error or oversight here, but I think this list is pretty close. The trickiest one was White who has 3 different names. I chose the one he is listed at now.

Austin Gomez 3
2015 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2016 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2017 Carol Stream Glenbard North

Ben Crisler 3
1953 Harvey Thornton
1954 Harvey Thornton
1955 Harvey Thornton

Bob Mena 3
1986 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1987 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1988 Sterling Newman Central Catholic

Brett Camden 3
1987 Mahomet M.-Seymour
1988 Mahomet M.-Seymour
1989 Mahomet M.-Seymour

Brian Bahrs 3
2010 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
2012 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
2013 Sterling Newman Central Catholic

Bryce Brill 3
2011 Aurora Marmion Academy
2013 Chicago Mt. Carmel
2014 Chicago Mt. Carmel

Cal Ferry 3
1998 Machesney Park Harlem
1999 Machesney Park Harlem
2000 Machesney Park Harlem

Carver James 3
2013 Dakota H.S.
2014 Dakota H.S.
2015 Dakota H.S.

Conrad Polz 3
2006 Orland Park Sandburg
2007 Orland Park Sandburg
2008 Orland Park Sandburg

Dan Swan 3
2013 Oak Forest H.S.
2014 Oak Forest H.S.
2015 Oak Forest H.S.

Dylan Reel 3
2009 Washington H.S.
2010 Washington H.S.
2012 Washington H.S.

Eric Tannenbaum 3
2000 Naperville North
2002 Naperville North
2003 Naperville North

Isaiah White 3
2014 OPRF
2015 OPRF
2016 OPRF

Israel Martinez 3
1998 Aurora West
1999 Aurora West
2000 Aurora West

Jacob Warner 3
2015 Washington H.S.
2016 Washington H.S.
2017 Washington H.S.

Jeff Mirabella 3
1988 Elgin H.S.
1989 Elgin H.S.
1990 Elgin H.S.

Joey Kielbasa 3
2009 Crystal Lake Central
2010 Crystal Lake Central
2011 Crystal Lake Central

John Starzyk 3
2005 Chicago St. Rita
2006 New Lenox Providence Catholic
2007 New Lenox Providence Catholic

Jordan Blanton 3
2005 Richmond R.-Burton
2006 Richmond R.-Burton
2008 Richmond R.-Burton

Kip Kristoff 3
1982 Bethalto Civic Memorial
1983 Bethalto Civic Memorial
1985 Bethalto Civic Memorial

Kris Williams 3
2012 Harvey Thornton
2013 Harvey Thornton
2014 South Holland Thornwood

Lee Munster 3
2007 Fox Lake Grant
2009 Fox Lake Grant
2010 Fox Lake Grant

Luke Luffman 3
2017 Urbana h.s.
2018 Urbana h.s.
2019 Urbana h.s.

Nick Harrison 3
2009 Stillman Valley H.S.
2010 Stillman Valley H.S.
2011 Stillman Valley H.S.

Real Woods 3
2015 Lombard Montini
2017 Lombard Montini
2018 Lombard Montini

Rick Bay 3
1959 Waukegan H.S.
1960 Waukegan H.S.
1961 Waukegan H.S.

Robert Strange 3
1939 Lawrenceville H.S.
1940 Lawrenceville H.S.
1941 Lawrenceville H.S.

Ruben Villarreal 3
2000 Plano H.S.
2001 Plano H.S.
2003 Plano H.S.

Rudy Yates 3
2013 Chicago Brother Rice
2015 Orland Park Sandburg
2016 Orland Park Sandburg

Steve Amy 3
1997 Taylor Ridge Rockridge
1999 Taylor Ridge Rockridge
2000 Taylor Ridge Rockridge

Tom LeCuyer 3
1994 Plano H.S.
1995 Plano H.S.
1996 Plano H.S.

Tony Ramos 3
2007 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2008 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2009 Carol Stream Glenbard North

Trevor Elliott 3
1990 Sandwich H.S.
1991 Sandwich H.S.
1992 Sandwich H.S.

Trevor Jauch 3
2009 Crystal Lake Central
2010 Crystal Lake Central
2011 Crystal Lake Central

Tyler Hurry 3
1993 Port Byron Riverdale
1994 Port Byron Riverdale
1995 Port Byron Riverdale

Xavier Montalvo 3
2013 Lombard Montini
2014 Lombard Montini
2015 Lombard Montini

Last edited by petersenkid2; 04-20-2019 at 08:56 AM. Reason: 2 Dan + 1 Danny = 3, Jake + 2 Jacob = 3 3 Johnny + John = 4
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-19-2019
pcc club coach pcc club coach is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: chenoa
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersenkid2 View Post
Here's what I've got.... 35 3-Timers.
There's probably an error or oversight here, but I think this list is pretty close. The trickiest one was White who has 3 different names. I chose the one he is listed at now.

Austin Gomez 3
2015 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2016 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2017 Carol Stream Glenbard North

Ben Crisler 3
1953 Harvey Thornton
1954 Harvey Thornton
1955 Harvey Thornton

Bob Mena 3
1986 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1987 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1988 Sterling Newman Central Catholic

Brett Camden 3
1987 Mahomet M.-Seymour
1988 Mahomet M.-Seymour
1989 Mahomet M.-Seymour

Brian Bahrs 3
2010 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
2012 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
2013 Sterling Newman Central Catholic

Bryce Brill 3
2011 Aurora Marmion Academy
2013 Chicago Mt. Carmel
2014 Chicago Mt. Carmel

Cal Ferry 3
1998 Machesney Park Harlem
1999 Machesney Park Harlem
2000 Machesney Park Harlem

Carver James 3
2013 Dakota H.S.
2014 Dakota H.S.
2015 Dakota H.S.

Conrad Polz 3
2006 Orland Park Sandburg
2007 Orland Park Sandburg
2008 Orland Park Sandburg

Dan Swan 3
2013 Oak Forest H.S.
2014 Oak Forest H.S.
2015 Oak Forest H.S.

Dylan Reel 3
2009 Washington H.S.
2010 Washington H.S.
2012 Washington H.S.

Eric Tannenbaum 3
2000 Naperville North
2002 Naperville North
2003 Naperville North

Isaiah White 3
2014 OPRF
2015 OPRF
2016 OPRF

Israel Martinez 3
1998 Aurora West
1999 Aurora West
2000 Aurora West

Jacob Warner 3
2015 Washington H.S.
2016 Washington H.S.
2017 Washington H.S.

Jeff Mirabella 3
1988 Elgin H.S.
1989 Elgin H.S.
1990 Elgin H.S.

Joey Kielbasa 3
2009 Crystal Lake Central
2010 Crystal Lake Central
2011 Crystal Lake Central

John Starzyk 3
2005 Chicago St. Rita
2006 New Lenox Providence Catholic
2007 New Lenox Providence Catholic

Johnny Jimenez 3
2012 Aurora Marmion Academy
2013 Aurora Marmion Academy
2014 Aurora Marmion Academy

Jordan Blanton 3
2005 Richmond R.-Burton
2006 Richmond R.-Burton
2008 Richmond R.-Burton

Kip Kristoff 3
1982 Bethalto Civic Memorial
1983 Bethalto Civic Memorial
1985 Bethalto Civic Memorial

Kris Williams 3
2012 Harvey Thornton
2013 Harvey Thornton
2014 South Holland Thornwood

Lee Munster 3
2007 Fox Lake Grant
2009 Fox Lake Grant
2010 Fox Lake Grant

Luke Luffman 3
2017 Urbana h.s.
2018 Urbana h.s.
2019 Urbana h.s.

Nick Harrison 3
2009 Stillman Valley H.S.
2010 Stillman Valley H.S.
2011 Stillman Valley H.S.

Real Woods 3
2015 Lombard Montini
2017 Lombard Montini
2018 Lombard Montini

Rick Bay 3
1959 Waukegan H.S.
1960 Waukegan H.S.
1961 Waukegan H.S.

Robert Strange 3
1939 Lawrenceville H.S.
1940 Lawrenceville H.S.
1941 Lawrenceville H.S.

Ruben Villarreal 3
2000 Plano H.S.
2001 Plano H.S.
2003 Plano H.S.

Rudy Yates 3
2013 Chicago Brother Rice
2015 Orland Park Sandburg
2016 Orland Park Sandburg

Steve Amy 3
1997 Taylor Ridge Rockridge
1999 Taylor Ridge Rockridge
2000 Taylor Ridge Rockridge

Tom LeCuyer 3
1994 Plano H.S.
1995 Plano H.S.
1996 Plano H.S.

Tony Ramos 3
2007 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2008 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2009 Carol Stream Glenbard North

Trevor Elliott 3
1990 Sandwich H.S.
1991 Sandwich H.S.
1992 Sandwich H.S.

Trevor Jauch 3
2009 Crystal Lake Central
2010 Crystal Lake Central
2011 Crystal Lake Central

Tyler Hurry 3
1993 Port Byron Riverdale
1994 Port Byron Riverdale
1995 Port Byron Riverdale

Xavier Montalvo 3
2013 Lombard Montini
2014 Lombard Montini
2015 Lombard Montini
Impressive list and thanks for the hard work. Now you wanna tackle the 4x champs
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-20-2019
petersenkid2 petersenkid2 is offline
Crystal Lake
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Crystal Lake
Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
Impressive list and thanks for the hard work. Now you wanna tackle the 4x champs
As Sir Robin said to King Arthur prior to approaching the bridgekeeper of the bridge of death: "That's Easy!!!"

Albert White 4
2004 135 Chicago St. Rita
2005 140 Chicago St. Rita
2006 145 Chicago St. Rita
2007 152 Chicago St. Rita

Austin O`Connor 4
2014 106 Chicago St. Rita
2015 132 Chicago St. Rita
2016 145 Chicago St. Rita
2017 152 Chicago St. Rita

Chase Beebe 4
2000 103 Lombard Montini
2001 112 Lombard Montini
2002 125 Lombard Montini
2003 130 Lombard Montini

Conor Beebe 4
2002 103 Lombard Montini
2003 112 Lombard Montini
2004 125 Lombard Montini
2005 125 Lombard Montini

David Douglas 4
1994 112 Chicago Luther South
1995 119 Dolton Thornridge
1996 130 Dolton Thornridge
1997 135 Dolton Thornridge

Jered Cortez 4
2011 112 Aurora Marmion Academy
2012 120 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2013 126 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2014 132 Carol Stream Glenbard North

Joe Williams 4
1990 135 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1991 145 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1992 152 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1993 160 Chicago Mt. Carmel

Joey Gilbert 4
1986 126 Tinley Park Andrew
1987 132 Tinley Park Andrew
1988 132 Tinley Park Andrew
1989 135 Tinley Park Andrew

Johnny Jimenez 4
2011 103 Aurora Marmion Academy
2012 113 Aurora Marmion Academy
2013 120 Aurora Marmion Academy
2014 126 Aurora Marmion Academy

Josh Alber 4
2011 103 Dakota H.S.
2012 120 Dakota H.S.
2013 120 Dakota H.S.
2014 132 Dakota H.S.

Mark Ruettiger 4
1978 98 New Lenox Providence Catholic
1979 112 New Lenox Providence Catholic
1980 119 New Lenox Providence Catholic
1981 126 New Lenox Providence Catholic

Mike Benefiel 4
2004 119 Lombard Montini
2005 140 Lombard Montini
2006 152 Lombard Montini
2007 171 Lombard Montini

Mike Mena 4
1989 103 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1990 119 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1991 125 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1992 125 Sterling Newman Central Catholic

Seth Milks 4
2006 103 Dakota H.S.
2007 112 Dakota H.S.
2008 119 Dakota H.S.
2009 130 Dakota H.S.

T.J. Williams 4
1993 135 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1994 140 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1995 145 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1996 145 Chicago Mt. Carmel
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-20-2019
Nelson*0.5's Avatar
Nelson*0.5 Nelson*0.5 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersenkid2 View Post
As Sir Robin said to King Arthur prior to approaching the bridgekeeper of the bridge of death: "That's Easy!!!"

Albert White 4
2004 135 Chicago St. Rita
2005 140 Chicago St. Rita
2006 145 Chicago St. Rita
2007 152 Chicago St. Rita

Austin O`Connor 4
2014 106 Chicago St. Rita
2015 132 Chicago St. Rita
2016 145 Chicago St. Rita
2017 152 Chicago St. Rita

Chase Beebe 4
2000 103 Lombard Montini
2001 112 Lombard Montini
2002 125 Lombard Montini
2003 130 Lombard Montini

Conor Beebe 4
2002 103 Lombard Montini
2003 112 Lombard Montini
2004 125 Lombard Montini
2005 125 Lombard Montini

David Douglas 4
1994 112 Chicago Luther South
1995 119 Dolton Thornridge
1996 130 Dolton Thornridge
1997 135 Dolton Thornridge

Jered Cortez 4
2011 112 Aurora Marmion Academy
2012 120 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2013 126 Carol Stream Glenbard North
2014 132 Carol Stream Glenbard North

Joe Williams 4
1990 135 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1991 145 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1992 152 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1993 160 Chicago Mt. Carmel

Joey Gilbert 4
1986 126 Tinley Park Andrew
1987 132 Tinley Park Andrew
1988 132 Tinley Park Andrew
1989 135 Tinley Park Andrew

Johnny Jimenez 4
2011 103 Aurora Marmion Academy
2012 113 Aurora Marmion Academy
2013 120 Aurora Marmion Academy
2014 126 Aurora Marmion Academy

Josh Alber 4
2011 103 Dakota H.S.
2012 120 Dakota H.S.
2013 120 Dakota H.S.
2014 132 Dakota H.S.

Mark Ruettiger 4
1978 98 New Lenox Providence Catholic
1979 112 New Lenox Providence Catholic
1980 119 New Lenox Providence Catholic
1981 126 New Lenox Providence Catholic

Mike Benefiel 4
2004 119 Lombard Montini
2005 140 Lombard Montini
2006 152 Lombard Montini
2007 171 Lombard Montini

Mike Mena 4
1989 103 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1990 119 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1991 125 Sterling Newman Central Catholic
1992 125 Sterling Newman Central Catholic

Seth Milks 4
2006 103 Dakota H.S.
2007 112 Dakota H.S.
2008 119 Dakota H.S.
2009 130 Dakota H.S.

T.J. Williams 4
1993 135 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1994 140 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1995 145 Chicago Mt. Carmel
1996 145 Chicago Mt. Carmel
I'll never be one to argue against your brilliance Matt, but you did have Johnny Jiminez on both the 3x and be 4x list 😄
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.