Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

I know Cortez lived in Ohio for a little in his youth, but why did he leave Marimon after his freshman year? Him and Jiminez could have had their legendary careers play out in the same room. Any fun insider details now that the stories have been completed?
Old 04-20-2019
Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson*0.5 View Post
I'll never be one to argue against your brilliance Matt, but you did have Johnny Jiminez on both the 3x and be 4x list 😄
Fixed it. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
I know Cortez lived in Ohio for a little in his youth, but why did he leave Marimon after his freshman year? Him and Jiminez could have had their legendary careers play out in the same room. Any fun insider details now that the stories have been completed?

What happens in the Marmion wrestling room stays in the Marmion wrestling room.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
What happens in the Marmion wrestling room stays in the Marmion wrestling room.
Sounds erotic.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Must have been a dystfuntial room. There were others that bailed too. Brill left. Whitford left. Marmion had some of the best talent in the decade. And has nothing to show for it.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Must have been a dystfuntial room. There were others that bailed too. Brill left. Whitford left. Marmion had some of the best talent in the decade. And has nothing to show for it.
No doubt they have had talented wrestlers over the years but nobody gets the talent level Montini gets. When it comes to getting depth and talent, Montini is by far the program that gets the most. Thus the reason for their success although others may tell you differently.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
No doubt they have had talented wrestlers over the years but nobody gets the talent level Montini gets. When it comes to getting depth and talent, Montini is by far the program that gets the most. Thus the reason for their success although others may tell you differently.
Wasn't comparing them to Montini. My point was for all the talent they have had the school has definitely underachieved.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog81 View Post
Wasn't comparing them to Montini. My point was for all the talent they have had the school has definitely underachieved.
Four top 3 trophies since 2013, a four time state champ, not to mention all the other placers they've had. Consistently ranked top 30 in the country every year. Most people didnt give them a chance vs Mt. Carmel yet they go out win every close match and end up taking 3rd as a team. If Ferraro doesn't get hurt they're in the finals with a real shot at winning it all. Give the state of Illinois credit before you say they underachieved.
As for next year, they wont be the same powerhouse. They'll have Sotello and a bunch of guys, time will tell if they can rebuild.
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

Not to mention...

Wrestlers at the next level
Wisconsin, Michigan, Chicago, Michigan State, Harvard, Princeton, Air Force, Stanford... Theres more to a program then state championships
Old 04-20-2019
Varsity

To
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpowerfuloz View Post
Wrestlers at the next level
Wisconsin, Michigan, Chicago, Michigan State, Harvard, Princeton, Air Force, Stanford... Theres more to a program then state championships
,Makes my point even more conclusive with all that they still haven't won a title. 2011 they finished 4th at the Iron Man but didn't make it out of the 2A Regional. They had 4 state individual champs and other high placers. Again as a TEAM they have underachieved. But I do agree with your Ferraro statement.

Last edited by maddog81; 04-20-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Sponsored Links