Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 05-09-2019
Varsity

2a 😮😮😮

Montini, Mt. Carmel, Providence, Marist, Deerfield all in 2a. Surely the ihsa will realize the mistakes they made.
For sure Montini Providence success factored up to 3a Mt. Carmel multiplier to 3a. Deerfield drops to 2a. Marist loses multiplier will have to decide stay 2a or petition up
Old 05-09-2019
Olympian

I do not read it exactly the same way you do. I am not sure if you know that they are now going by a 2 year cycle instead of 4 yrs. You will be success factored if you receive a trophy in both years of the 2 yr. cycle. 2 teams fit this category.
1. Montini success factored up to 3A
2. Aurora Christian factored up to 2A

If you get 1 trophy in that 2 yr. period you are multiplied. 5 schools fall in this category.
1. Marmion Academy multiplied up to 3A.
2. Belleville Althoff- after being multiplied enrollment remains 1A
3. St. Rita - multiplied to 3A.
4. Providence - after being multiplied they are still 2A
5. Marian Central Catholic - multiplied up to 2A
The multiplier only effects non-boundary schools. Both public and private.
Any school can petition up a class for a 2 yr. period.
Old 05-10-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDOR View Post
I do not read it exactly the same way you do. I am not sure if you know that they are now going by a 2 year cycle instead of 4 yrs. You will be success factored if you receive a trophy in both years of the 2 yr. cycle. 2 teams fit this category.
1. Montini success factored up to 3A
2. Aurora Christian factored up to 2A

If you get 1 trophy in that 2 yr. period you are multiplied. 5 schools fall in this category.
1. Marmion Academy multiplied up to 3A.
2. Belleville Althoff- after being multiplied enrollment remains 1A
3. St. Rita - multiplied to 3A.
4. Providence - after being multiplied they are still 2A
5. Marian Central Catholic - multiplied up to 2A
The multiplier only effects non-boundary schools. Both public and private.
Any school can petition up a class for a 2 yr. period.
So Providence wouldnt be success just multiplied which keeps them in 2a? Why isn't Mt. Carmel multiplied? Read the classifications they have Montini in 2a. Obviously an oversight
Old 05-10-2019
Olympian

I do agree there are mistakes on their site. They have Amundsen and Riverside Brookfield as having petitioned to move up yet they have them listed in the classification that their enrollment puts them in. In Amundsen's case this past season they were a co-op. Maybe that is what they meant to indicate. In the case of RB this past season they were originally a 3A school but eventually competed in 2A. Maybe this led to the mistake. The link that shows, under the new 2 yr. cycle, which teams are factored or multiplied shows Montini success factored to 3A. On the other hand you are absolutely correct that the link with the new classifications shows Montini only multiplied to 2A. If I do not have to use a 2nd hand to count their original mistakes I consider it a good day for the IHSA. No success factor for the Celtics and the Caravan do not reach the new criteria to be multiplied. The part I struggle with the most is that it reads that a school would get 1 pt. for each regional title, another point for a sectional title and a point for a top 10 finish. It takes 3 pts. in the 2 yr. cycle to be multiplied. Wrestling does not have a sectional Champ nor a top ten teams. I assumed you would get that extra point if you qualified for State Duals (since you were the closest thing to a Sectional Champ and were now a top 8 team in the State). This does not seem to be the case as only 1 of the schools that would fit this category after being multiplied would move up a class. They are not multiplied on the current list.
Old 05-10-2019
Olympian

Does is go sport by sport at each school? I assume it does because each sport is split differently, for example football with 8 classes. I am not sure if it would effect your recruiting to colleges to be 2a - I assume not because you can go to National Tourneys, but it would likely be good to avoid Montini in the state series, these schools could still have a dual with them, Mt. Carmel would be of the most consequence.