Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 2A

Old 01-18-2005

SPC Mega Conference?

anyone have predictions for teh SPC Mega Conference this friday and saturday
Old 01-18-2005

Harbin

Im going to have to say Harbin from Yorkville will dominate the heavy weight divison there, though he will have what some people call compition in Goedken from Kaneland and Cook from Minooka. Harbin just has the power of a bull and from last year where he took 2nd in conferance he seemed to learn how not only to use his strength but his speed too, I have seen him use a double leg about 3 times this year, pretty effectively to. Its going to be a toss up though between the overall winner in the team division. Well only a toss up between Batavia and Morris. Morris took second at batavias own tourny last weekend, only to be followed by batavia, i really think it just matters day to day who would win the over all tourny. Oh and one more thing we all know Dergo will destroy any compition in the SPC... GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS!
Old 01-19-2005
Junior Varsity

Angry This is the best conf in the state!!!!!

I know everyone will say the ccl is much better. The spc has 17 teams and most of these teams will have a winning record at the end of the season. Individual kids- no other conferences compare. There will be more state qualifiers and placers from this conference than any other one in the state. So keep your mouths SHUT about the SPC.
Old 01-19-2005

Thumbs up Spc....

SPC is probablly the hardest conferace the state has to offer, being the fact it is the LARGEST, a lot of State quailfiers come from the SPC, and a lot of state placers and champions, all in all SPC is the hardest conferance of them all, good luck to all SPC compeditors this Friday and Saturday
Old 01-19-2005

Send a message via AIM to ep_wrestler103
Smile

Damn Right SPC is hard, I would know, being I WRESTLE in it.To be honest SPC is the hardest Conferance itneh state, I watched it last year and saw some of the BEST in the state, so for all of you that say CCL is hard, pull your heads out your @$$es and take a look at REAL compeition, the SPC.

And for all of you that said I talked myself up in the fourms, this ones for you.

**STICKS UP MIDDLE FINGER**
Old 01-19-2005
Super Moderator

Let's be realistic guys. The SPC is tough, but large does not mean that it is the best. I know the SPC teams don't wrestle the CCL teams, but they do wrestle some of the DVC teams. Glanbard North pounded Batavia 50-14. Batavia also lost to West Aurora (35-24) and to Naperville North and Wheaton North (I don't know what the score was). Batavia placed behind Providence, St. Rita, Wheaton North and even Glenbard East at the Dvorak. Glenbard East is not even the fourth best team in the DVC. Wheaton North won Batavia's tournament, and Wheaton North is not the best team in the DVC. the top four teams in the DVC have a solid line up from top to bottom. The best teams are in the CCL, though that conference falls off quickly in depth. The DVC is small, but has depth. The SPC is large and naturally has tough wrestlers at every weight, but I don't think many people in the State would say that it is the toughest conference. Of course, we will see won't we. Someone should do an analysis when the season is over.
Old 01-19-2005
Varsity

Dreaming

Best conference in the state? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......................... Are you dreaming? These teams have winning records because they wrestle each other and a Class A schedule. Granted, there is some individual talent, but as a whole the conference ranks about 5th-6th in the state. Who is the favorite TEAM in the conference? I will spot you 20 points versus Marist, Mount Carmel, Glenbard North, Wheaton North, Grant, Providence, St. Rita, Sandburg, Joliet, Granite City..... and you will still lose. As far as individual showing- we are a couple weeks away from finding out who's who. The best SPC Team would finish in the bottom half of the CCL, DVC and SICA tourneys. Just because you have many teams does not mean the conference is so tough. I look at results and see alot of victories by your guys against a common opponent- I think his name is BYE or FORFEIT. Give it a rest and earn your respect on the mat, not talking up yourself or conference on a message board.
Old 01-19-2005

mn

How about we get back to the matter at hand which should be PREDICTIONS FOR THE SPC TOURNY say it with me now people PRE...DIC...TIONS.....I could care less which conferance is tougher just as long as all these wrestlers stay on the mat and not on some court bouncin a ball so lets get back to the reason for the main post here and give some predictions!!!

Last edited by Bumpo76; 01-19-2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-20-2005
Varsity

I think

I think the # of schools does make it a hard conference tounrament, although I agree team wise, its not the toughest conference by far. But when you put 17 teams together each one ahs 2-3 standouts so the chance you get a decent 6-8 guys in a bracket is fairly high. There is a very high probablitiy that the top four seeds will all be state qualifiers at each weight, so in that case, it does make it a quality tournament.
Sponsored Links