Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
I wonder what subset of climate change deniers are also gun cos-players? I believe that a lot of them believe something just because their "team" believes it. Strange way to go through life! You're smart...please explain Medieval warming when there were no SUV'S and incandescent light bulbs.

Anywho, here's a bit I did with pictures from yesterday's Virginia Cos-Play rally. They really should get a convention center and use fake pointy ears and phasers:

Let this old Ghost Preacher have one last word with you: Guns are extinct. They are still on the battlefield only because a human life costs less than a drone. Guns, my friends, have gone the way of the Dodo bird, except that they're still good for murder and accidental killings.
You sound disappointed that right wing protesters did not resort to violence like Democrat protesters normally do? They even took garbage bags and cleaned up the mess before they left.

The Virginia legislature had to take steps to protect the Governor from being recalled.

"Virginia decided then that they wouldn’t wait for another election. A petition to remove Governor Northam began circulating as well as other petitions to remove delegates from office. When the petition received almost a third of the signatures needed to recall the governor, a new bill was introduced to raise the amount of signatures needed from 10% of the prevailing vote, to 25%.

Oh, but it doesn’t stop there! Other bills in session in the 2020 legislature:

SJ 6 – Which changes the governor’s term from 4 to 8 years.
SB 399 – Virginia’s electoral votes for president will go to the candidate who has won the national popular vote. It will no longer matter who many Virginians vote for in presidential races.
SJ 9 and SJ 14 – Restores felons’ abilities to vote.
SJ 29 – Changes how Governors, Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General are elected. Previously, the candidate receiving the most votes statewide would be elected. Proposed: change to who wins the majority in Congressional districts. In case of a tie, the General Assembly will pick the winner."

You make a good point about drones...they will replace guns as the weapon of choice for those that wish to do harm to others. Taking guns will not do anything to change the actions of evil doers except what weapon they choose to kill with.

Last edited by MAL; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:11 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
You sound disappointed that right wing protesters did not resort to violence like Democrat protesters normally do? They even took garbage bags and cleaned up the mess before they left.

The Virginia legislature had to take steps to protect the Governor from being recalled.

"Virginia decided then that they wouldn’t wait for another election. A petition to remove Governor Northam began circulating as well as other petitions to remove delegates from office. When the petition received almost a third of the signatures needed to recall the governor, a new bill was introduced to raise the amount of signatures needed from 10% of the prevailing vote, to 25%.

Oh, but it doesn’t stop there! Other bills in session in the 2020 legislature:

SJ 6 – Which changes the governor’s term from 4 to 8 years.
SB 399 – Virginia’s electoral votes for president will go to the candidate who has won the national popular vote. It will no longer matter who many Virginians vote for in presidential races.
SJ 9 and SJ 14 – Restores felons’ abilities to vote.
SJ 29 – Changes how Governors, Lieutenant Governor and Attorney General are elected. Previously, the candidate receiving the most votes statewide would be elected. Proposed: change to who wins the majority in Congressional districts. In case of a tie, the General Assembly will pick the winner."

You make a good point about drones...they will replace guns as the weapon of choice for those that wish to do harm to others. Taking guns will not do anything to change the actions of evil doers except what weapon they choose to kill with.
More pointless yammering, you are terrible at relevant arguments. подняться обратно в свою нору вы расистские русской свиньи - Comrade.

The KC shooting could have been stopped with some common sense gun laws and enforcement - again. I am pro-gun, but this is just stupid...

Court records show that Swift had two weapons charges in 2016 and 2017. The 2016 charge was for for unlawful use of a weapon and marijuana possession, according to court records. Swift was charged in 2017 with unlawful concealed carry, which could have revoked his probation on the previous charge and increased his chances of going to prison, Mike Mansur, Jackson County Prosecutor spokesman told CNN.

However, the second charge came as Missouri legislators approved measures that permitted concealed weapons being carried without a permit.
"I can't say that he would have been imprisoned but I can say that the change in the law assured that he would be free because that charge went away," Mansur said.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:33 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
More pointless yammering, you are terrible at relevant arguments. подняться обратно в свою нору вы расистские русской свиньи - Comrade.
I had to laugh at the Russian. Senator Mal is not a Russian troll because those folks have better uses for their time than hanging out at the internet version of Naboo. I love to go after obvious Russian trolls on twitter. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Я голоден, а мой осел болен. У тебя есть картошка? Мы сейчас нападаем на Путина! Революция! Секретный проверочный код: они видят меня катящимся, они ненавидят, пытаются поймать меня грязным.

Quote:
Translation:

I am hungry and my donkey is sick. Do you have potatoes? We are now attacking Putin! Revolution! Secret Verification Code: they see me rolling, they hate me, they try to catch me riding dirty.
Сядьте на следующий поезд до границы с Украиной. Проникни через. Ищите убежище в посольстве США в Киеве. Хороший человек Тейлор там. Свидетельствуйте против Путина и Трампа. Тогда живите как американский Hollywood Rockstar Hero, а не как маленькая компьютерная мышь Путина.

Quote:
Translation:

Take next train to border with Ukraine. Penetrate through. Seek refuge at the US Embassy in Kiev. Good man Taylor is there. Testify against Putin and Trump. Then live like American Hollywood Rockstar Hero, and not like Putin's little computer mouse.
I usually add a picture of Putin wearing makeup or a ladies' wig. It is important, I believe, to realize that our government has been under attack from without and from within (Trump, the NRA taking Russian millions).

Moreover, Putin needs a win in the next American election almost as much as Trump. A Democratic President will levy vicious economic sanctions against Russia, which will sour their economy that is already small and unhealthy. That, in turn, could cause friction between Putin and his mob oligarchs.

Those are the fellows that will get rid of Putin.

The recent elections in Moscow illustrate how real public opinion can go against the Russian dictator. Then, you can expect the U.S. to initiate some cyber warfare of their own, increase assistance to Ukraine, move to have Ukraine admitted into NATO, re-build NATO, and all of this really sucks for Putin.

So, we have to be ready for more attacks, especially since the impeached president and his cover-up sidekick McConnell have done zero to protect America, our social media and American election systems from Russian attacks and trolls.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post

The KC shooting could have been stopped with some common sense gun laws and enforcement - again. I am pro-gun, but this is just stupid...

Court records show that Swift had two weapons charges in 2016 and 2017. The 2016 charge was for for unlawful use of a weapon and marijuana possession, according to court records. Swift was charged in 2017 with unlawful concealed carry, which could have revoked his probation on the previous charge and increased his chances of going to prison, Mike Mansur, Jackson County Prosecutor spokesman told CNN.

However, the second charge came as Missouri legislators approved measures that permitted concealed weapons being carried without a permit.
"I can't say that he would have been imprisoned but I can say that the change in the law assured that he would be free because that charge went away," Mansur said.
Please explain to me what law would have stopped him. He was charged for unlawful use of a weapon and marijuana possession. I am not sure about Missouri, but in most states they don't allow felons to own fire arms. Then he was charged with unlawful concealed carry. It doesn't appear that he was interested in complying with the law. So...what law do you think he would have been willing to comply with?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Please explain to me what law would have stopped him. He was charged for unlawful use of a weapon and marijuana possession. I am not sure about Missouri, but in most states they don't allow felons to own fire arms. Then he was charged with unlawful concealed carry. It doesn't appear that he was interested in complying with the law. So...what law do you think he would have been willing to comply with?
He had a committed felony, but when the gun law changed, the felony conviction was dropped. 3rd time he had a felony issue dropped.

The law change was basically written for bad guys, under the NRA's silly slippery slope argument. They argue to keep bad laws as a buffer zone, and its for the gun manufacturers since they supply most NRA money. Its like if the American Cancer Society was ran by the cigarette companies.

Kansas City police and other law enforcement have repeatedly said the state’s weakened gun laws have made it difficult for them to remove illegal weapons from the streets.

“It’s like Prohibition. One day it’s illegal and the next day, it’s legal,’ Baker said Tuesday.

Baker said her office has dismissed as many as 150 unlawful weapon charges since the law changed in 2016.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/loca...239489363.html

Its also a shame that the people who could have put this guy in jail prior refused to testify. Would have save 15 people from getting shot.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:53 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Beretta at the 2020 Shot Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRDmGrev5I

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 3 Days Ago
Olympian

I PLEDGE TO NEVER BUY A GUN DURING MY LIFETIME.

SIGNED,
ME

Will you take the pledge?

Sponsored Links