Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #681  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Making larger piles of cash does zero for the economy. If Trump's tax cuts that went to mostly the top 10% went to the Middle Class you would have seen an economy on steroids. Still would have not have paid for itself but would have been much more effective. The corporate tax cut was even more of a disaster as there has been little to no investment. Just a lot of stock buybacks and bonuses for the top execs. Manufacturing is at a ten year low.
Corporate tax has absolutely no effect on the corporation. They probably even charge a markup/administrative costs on it when they pass it on to the consumers. Corporate tax is nothing more than double taxation on the consumers.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Yeah Obama recognized that and that is why we had the longest private sector job growth in US history. Clinton recognized that and presided over 23 million new jobs. Righties just jack up government spending to promote your post dated taxation. You are correct about that. You just seem to think your party is the more responsible one when they really haven't been in 50 years.
I found a different set of Numbers for Clinton...There still good. I am not sure which are correct. Roosevelt had the highest percentage of increase, followed by Reagan then Clinton.

Franklin D. Roosevelt 9.5 million jobs 21.5% increase
Ronald Reagan 16.5% million jobs 16.5% increase
Bill Clinton 18.6 million jobs 15.6% increase



Barack Obama created 8.9 million 6.2% increase
Donald Trump created 4.7 million 3.1% increase in the first 2 years

https://www.thebalance.com/job-creat...ercent-3863218
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Making larger piles of cash does zero for the economy. If Trump's tax cuts that went to mostly the top 10% went to the Middle Class you would have seen an economy on steroids. Still would have not have paid for itself but would have been much more effective. The corporate tax cut was even more of a disaster as there has been little to no investment. Just a lot of stock buybacks and bonuses for the top execs. Manufacturing is at a ten year low.
This is 2017 Federal income tax percentages. The top 1% pays 38.47% of all Federal income taxes...This does not include capital gains, corporate taxes, property taxes or any other tax that the rich pay more of. Depending on where you consider to be the middle class to be in that chart, they only pay about 10 to 15% of the income tax. Trumps tax cuts were across the board for everybody except two tax brackets that stayed the same. The 10% tax bracket and the 35% tax bracket stayed the same. The middle class do not pay in enough to have a significant effect on the economy even if you gave all their money back.

Top 1% pays 38.47%
Top 5% pays 59.14%
Top 10% pays 70.08%
Top 25% pays 85.10%
Top 50% pays 96.89%
bottom 50% pays 3.11%

https://www.ntu.org/Library/imglib/2...1-56-48-AM.png

Trumps tax cuts were not that big...basically 2% across the board. https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-t...ts-you-4113968
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,775
We have reached 4% of our goal! Yay! As you probably already know, I really think that somebody who steals from Charity is a Monster. I realize that I keep harping on the issue, but my goodness, let me ask you this: What Kind of Monster Steals from Charity?


Trump had a CFO and a number of attorneys, so he was well aware that these were criminal violations. But to actually do it. Ick!
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I am under no illusion that Republicans have been responsible with the check book. Right now Trump is the worst ever when it comes to Spending. Obama held the record, but Trump doesn't seem like he wants to be second to Obama in any category.

Remember what happened early in the Clinton Presidency...the Republicans took the House and demanded a balanced Budget. It apparently did not hinder growth.
No Obama did not hold any record. He was saddled with two wars that weren't paid for, a brutally expensive prescription drug plan that wasn't funded, a new Department of Homeland security that wasn't funded oh and then here you go a fricking economy that is the worst one since the depression. Then go pay for it with the tax revenue that Bush cut. Please tell me the big spending initiatives that Obama had? The bank bailouts that were already approved by Bush? Stop it already with your re-writing history.

Clinton's economic plan was already in place when the Republicans took over the House mid-term with Clinton. Gore's re-inventing government initiative and monetizing of the internet (what he called inventing) was what set the economy on fire. Not stupid Gingrich. He will be the first one to admit that when he went into a meeting with Clinton, he would walk out with a completely different deal than he had intended. At least they worked together for the country.
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
This is 2017 Federal income tax percentages. The top 1% pays 38.47% of all Federal income taxes...This does not include capital gains, corporate taxes, property taxes or any other tax that the rich pay more of. Depending on where you consider to be the middle class to be in that chart, they only pay about 10 to 15% of the income tax. Trumps tax cuts were across the board for everybody except two tax brackets that stayed the same. The 10% tax bracket and the 35% tax bracket stayed the same. The middle class do not pay in enough to have a significant effect on the economy even if you gave all their money back.

Top 1% pays 38.47%
Top 5% pays 59.14%
Top 10% pays 70.08%
Top 25% pays 85.10%
Top 50% pays 96.89%
bottom 50% pays 3.11%

https://www.ntu.org/Library/imglib/2...1-56-48-AM.png

Trumps tax cuts were not that big...basically 2% across the board. https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-t...ts-you-4113968

Trumps tax cuts hit during 2017 so I am not sure what the value of your chart is. The rich overwhelmingly benefitted the most. Over 3% cut. Read it and weep:

https://itep.org/who-pays-taxes-in-america-in-2019/
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I found a different set of Numbers for Clinton...There still good. I am not sure which are correct. Roosevelt had the highest percentage of increase, followed by Reagan then Clinton.

Franklin D. Roosevelt 9.5 million jobs 21.5% increase
Ronald Reagan 16.5% million jobs 16.5% increase
Bill Clinton 18.6 million jobs 15.6% increase



Barack Obama created 8.9 million 6.2% increase
Donald Trump created 4.7 million 3.1% increase in the first 2 years

https://www.thebalance.com/job-creat...ercent-3863218
How about the Wall Street Journal. Clinton is Numero Uno by a wide margin:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/which-p...obs-1478649797
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Flynmaggot Flynmaggot is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
"Paris Whitney Hilton (born February 17, 1981) is an American media personality, businesswoman, socialite, model, singer, actress, fashion designer and DJ. Hilton is a great-granddaughter of Conrad Hilton, the founder of Hilton Hotels."


A model sells adds...a singer sells tickets...an actress sells tickets...fashion designer sells fashion designs.

All taxes are paid at the point of sale. When you buy a roll of toilet paper, you are paying all the taxes fines and fees that went into the process of making, shipping, marketing, packaging and selling that roll. That includes property tax of the company and its employees, corporate tax, Income tax, fuel tax, etc. The transaction for that one roll of toilet paper will be responsible for paying a portion of thousands of different taxes.

Warren Buffet has argued for years in court to get out of paying taxes. If he wanted to pay more taxes, there is a federal account set up just for that purpose.
Stop it already. No one is buying tickets to see Paris Hilton.

Only sales taxes are paid at the point of sale. Here I will help you out. These are all the federal taxes:

Income taxes. Income taxes can be charged at the federal, state and local levels. ...
Sales taxes. Sales taxes are taxes on goods and services purchased. ...
Excise taxes. ...
Payroll taxes. ...
Property taxes. ...
Estate taxes. ...
Gift taxes.

I am not sure what wacky economics book has you set in this rabbit hole about point of sale taxes but come up and get some air.

There are so many flaws in your theory. Here are a few:

Products produced overseas vs. domestic.
Cash businesses and how they are accounted for.
Used goods/ resale markets.
Sheltered income.
Imports/Exports
Money spent on vacations
Tax free investments
Tax sheltered property
Tax incentives
Overseas gambling online
Goods and services purchased from the government (Stamps, licenses, land, etc.).

That is why we have a system of taxation to reign in your nebulous accounting method.

What book did you get that theory from tho? Just curious.
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
How about the Wall Street Journal. Clinton is Numero Uno by a wide margin:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/which-p...obs-1478649797
Can you copy and paste that?...They wont let me read it without subscribing.
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
This is 2017 Federal income tax percentages. The top 1% pays 38.47% of all Federal income taxes...This does not include capital gains, corporate taxes, property taxes or any other tax that the rich pay more of. Depending on where you consider to be the middle class to be in that chart, they only pay about 10 to 15% of the income tax. Trumps tax cuts were across the board for everybody except two tax brackets that stayed the same. The 10% tax bracket and the 35% tax bracket stayed the same. The middle class do not pay in enough to have a significant effect on the economy even if you gave all their money back.

Top 1% pays 38.47%___In 2016 37.32% paid 1.15% more
Top 5% pays 59.14%___In 2016 58.23% paid .91% more
Top 10% pays 70.08%___In 2016 69.47% paid .61% more
Top 25% pays 85.10%___In 2016 85.97% paid .87% less
Top 50% pays 96.89%___In 2016 96.96% paid .07% less
bottom 50% pays 3.11%____In 2016 3.04% Paid .07% more
https://taxfoundation.org/summary-la...a-2018-update/

https://www.ntu.org/Library/imglib/2...1-56-48-AM.png

Trumps tax cuts were not that big...basically 2% across the board. https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-t...ts-you-4113968
In 2017 everybody in the top 10% paid more than they did in 2016 The top one percent paid the biggest increase in taxes...cut taxes raise revenue.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.