Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IESA

Old 03-15-2007
Junior Varsity

wah wah wah

why don't you all just appreciate the fact that there was some good wrestling and stop complaining. Anywhere you go has it's ups and downs. You all sound like prima donnas. The security force had a job and did it, give them a break.
Old 03-16-2007

wah wah wah yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
why don't you all just appreciate the fact that there was some good wrestling and stop complaining. Anywhere you go has it's ups and downs. You all sound like prima donnas. The security force had a job and did it, give them a break.

Dragonlord, the original poster ASKED what we thought of the facilities and treatment. Was there good wrestling? Of course. Does that mean that I should just be all sunny and happy and think the whole weekend was a delight? That would be stupid. It was annoying that I couldn't bring a drink in from outside, and that I had to pay $4 for a Pepsi. I didn't much care for the strongarmed tactics of the Little Napoleons in the SECURITY t-shirts. Did these things detract from my enjoyment of the weekend as a whole? No. But when someone asks my opinion, I'm going to give it.
Old 03-16-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoBright View Post
Dragonlord, the original poster ASKED what we thought of the facilities and treatment. Was there good wrestling? Of course. Does that mean that I should just be all sunny and happy and think the whole weekend was a delight? That would be stupid. It was annoying that I couldn't bring a drink in from outside, and that I had to pay $4 for a Pepsi. I didn't much care for the strongarmed tactics of the Little Napoleons in the SECURITY t-shirts. Did these things detract from my enjoyment of the weekend as a whole? No. But when someone asks my opinion, I'm going to give it.
Thank you for your opinion. My point of asking was hopefully to improve next years event. I would hope that the IESA and Convocation center would like to hear feedback and be willing to look at improving the event every year. It sounds like food is the number one complaint with security issues a close second. I understand it is all about money, but shouldn't it be about the wrestlers? I don't like the NO OUTSIDE FOOD rule but I can understand that they make more money that way. That rule should NOT be enforced for wrestlers and their coaches. They need healthier food than greasy pizza and fried chicken pieces and nachos.

As far as security goes, that also needs improvement. I witnessed a young girl working the door who would not let a 10 year old boy in without his ticket. He had gone outside to play with some other boys, got a stamp on his hand first, and she would not let him in. The lady stamping said that people were cheating and going outside with the stamp still being wet and rolling in on others hands. You would think they would be smart enough to notice that the "Thank you" would be reversed???

I hope next year we see improvement.
Old 03-16-2007
far north coach

Food

The biggest complaint seems to be about the food quality and prices.
There are ways around the no outside food rule. The organizers obviously know this why else would they hand out the garbarge bags and ask that the teams police and clean up their own area on Saturday?
Simplest way to get food in is to put anything that needs to be chilled in a small soft lunch box and put that in your duffel/gear bag. You really don't need to bring in that much food.
Or if the team coaches have a vehicle out in the parking lot keep the food in a cooler there and during one of the extened breaks have a team lunch outside.
Old 03-16-2007

The issue about not bringing in outside food does not pertain only to the Convocation Center. At IKWF, they are even more brutal about searching each bag & even made people show their pockets.
I believe the wrestlers should be able to bring snacks. But I doubt it will go further than that.
I think people standing along the rails, in the walkways, and in their seats was about the most annoying thing. Obviously they didnt care about anyone else's view.
Old 03-16-2007

When we got there after weigh ins they let us eat Subway and i noticed that many teams did the same ,and I had food that i brought from home and it wasnt taking away.
Old 03-16-2007

When I came in on Saturday through the coaches' entrance, they took someone's coffee away. When he asked why he was allowed to bring it in the day before, they told him that they allowed outside drinks yesterday (Friday), but not today (Saturday). They took my Diet Coke too! If they planned on changing their position on outside drinks from one day to the next, they could have at least mentioned it. I wonder how many other people had to choose between chugging, tossing, or standing outside to finish.
Old 03-17-2007
Junior Varsity

smarten up

best way to beat the system is stop supporting it, I certainly didn't see a shortage of people at the concessions. Bring your healthy food and keep it in a cooler in your vehicle and go outside to eat at break times and bring your wrestler with. We did that and you know, it worked. And on the security issue, alot of people are very inconsiderate, they have to see their wrestler close up. They think their the only person watching their child wrestle so they stand at the rails, obscuring every one else's view. That's one reason for security. Some parents are very rude and inconsiderate on that matter. If people smartened up there wouldn't have to be such nazi type security. Yes does a little blame go on the people running the event, yep, but alot goes on the inconsiderate cry babies who don't know how to follow rules, remember them people, RULES, how do our children learn if we're not following the rules ourselves. So next year be smart and bring food, keep it in your vehicle. Don't support the concessions.
Sponsored Links