Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 01-10-2020
Varsity

16 teams in the entire state are competing in the Dual Team State series? That's not a great level of participation, obviously.

I know not every club can fill a roster - my son's club included, but I'd think the number would be higher than that?
Old 01-10-2020
Varsity

Who were the 16 teams and who qualified? Why is everything about this event top secret? Big Bash, Big Bash, Big Bash
Old 01-10-2020
Junior Varsity

Greg Gomez and Izzy out of the west Chicago/North Chicago sectional.
Old 01-10-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlis View Post
The eligibility issue doubtfully comes into play. Last year there were several alleged ineligible kids participating and winning state titles. This year you have very well known clubs either willing to violate the holdback or kids beyond the 50 mile radius rule. Not sure what the ik can or will do about either violation. People seem to cover their tracks good nowadays. Look at teams in the West or is that South Chicago now?
Does the IKWF clown car actually care? Most likely not.
Old 01-10-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien AC95 View Post
Greg Gomez and Izzy out of the west Chicago/North Chicago sectional.
Thatís 7 teams. Anyone know what other teams entered the duals? So it looks like at least 1 fourth place team qualifies. Pop the cork.
Old 01-11-2020
World Champ

Wow so weak....the good old days of Martinez, Force, and Gomez long gone...sound rather boring without them involved. Moving on...
Old 01-12-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino1992 View Post
Wow so weak....the good old days of Martinez, Force, and Gomez long gone...sound rather boring without them involved. Moving on...
Wizards, Vittum Cats, and Celtics back in the day. That tournament was a meat grinder. Teams had 2-3 holes in their lineups and the rest of the kids were hammers. How many collegiate wrestlers competed in this event in years past? Kudos to the Bulldogs for being there every year. I would like to see how some of these teams compete without IESA kids. Does every kid that wrestles in the senior duals compete in the IKWF or do have of these teams rosters compete in the IESA state series?

I bet 95% of DiDi team rosters attend an IKWF regional. Why the drop off? Why doesnít the Twisters ever get in? Intelligent responses only please.
Old 01-12-2020
World Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Wizards, Vittum Cats, and Celtics back in the day. That tournament was a meat grinder. Teams had 2-3 holes in their lineups and the rest of the kids were hammers. How many collegiate wrestlers competed in this event in years past? Kudos to the Bulldogs for being there every year. I would like to see how some of these teams compete without IESA kids. Does every kid that wrestles in the senior duals compete in the IKWF or do have of these teams rosters compete in the IESA state series?

I bet 95% of DiDi team rosters attend an IKWF regional. Why the drop off? Why doesnít the Twisters ever get in? Intelligent responses only please.
Yeah those were the days for sure. IMO just tough to field a full line up with kids split up between clubs and iesa. Sad to see as the team aspect is the way to keep the kids in wrestling longterm. To much individualism and kids parents bouncing them around to different clubs each year. But the white elelelephant in the room is egos at the top of these clubs muffling up a good thing.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Belleville
Bolingbrook
Champaign
Edwardsville
Gomez
Izzy
Murphysboro
OakForest
Plainfield
Team 1006
Tinley