Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 12-06-2019
Olympian

Ukraine already cleared the Bidens and the facts don't support Trumps claims. The facts are laid out very clearly here but the Republican Congress believes if you keep repeating falsehoods maybe they become the new truth. Hunter Biden got his job because of nepotism. Kind of like Ivanka Trump and Kushner (I think he has 12 jobs in the government actually) and McConnell's wife and hundreds of other government officials, senators, House members, etc. etc. It is shady but not a crime:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ongdoing-biden

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/23/polit...den/index.html
Old 12-06-2019
Olympian

OK...but then why does Fox dominate in the ratings?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy.../#3e6fa8c642b5
Old 12-06-2019
Olympian

Fox News viewers are less than 1% of the population. The median age of a Fox News viewer is 65. In ten years they will all be dead.

To be fair most people that "watch" news nowadays are old. Most people get news off their news stream on their phone nowadays. You get what you think is news from bias websites that distort your worldview.

Because the people in the Trump bubble watch only one news outlet. Add the total viewers of CNN, MSNBC, HN, ABC and CBS news to determine how much of a small percentage of the population actually watches Fox compared to all other news sources.
Old 12-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
Fox News viewers are less than 1% of the population. The median age of a Fox News viewer is 65. In ten years they will all be dead.

To be fair most people that "watch" news nowadays are old. Most people get news off their news stream on their phone nowadays. You get what you think is news from bias websites that distort your worldview.

Because the people in the Trump bubble watch only one news outlet. Add the total viewers of CNN, MSNBC, HN, ABC and CBS news to determine how much of a small percentage of the population actually watches Fox compared to all other news sources.
Median is not the same as average, but if you want to play that game, the median age of MSNBC is 65 and the median age of CNN is 60. All the network news programs have a median age of about 60.

If you would have read the article you would have known that almost 60% of FOX viewers are in the 25-54 demographic. FOX News was at the median age of 66 but that number is trending down as viewership is trending up. MSNBC was at a median age of 64, so they are trending in the other direction.

"from November 18th through the 24th—Fox News posted its highest weekly ratings of 2019, with an average total audience of 3.015 million viewers and 1.735 million viewers in the key demographic of adults 25-54. Fox News was the highest-rated basic cable channel on the week, ahead of ESPN (2.659 million), MSNBC (2.474 million), Hallmark Channel (1.576 million) and CNN (1.175 million)."

So following your logic, If you add up all the other news networks together they have more viewers than Fox...it sounds like you are admitting that there is a main stream media bias against Republicans. That's the only way that your argument makes any sense.

I don't get my news from websites.

Last edited by MAL; 12-08-2019 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2019
Varsity

Nevermind the arguments back and forth, did he do this, did he do that (even though HE has admitted he has).
Nevermind the arguments back and forth, are they impeachable offenses (even though they clearly are, if you're not blinded by partisanship).
Nevermind if you subscribe to the impeach and remove, impeach but acquit, Presidential censure or even the "he did nothing wrong at all" group (of delusional) people.

If you have seen his comments recently regarding water and toilets you cannot sit there and say that he should not be removed via the 25th amendment for senility.

Well someone will be able to justify them with obscure "articles" from, at best partisan and at worst ridiculously incredulous sources.

Stay tuned.....
Old 12-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Median is not the same as average, but if you want to play that game the median age of MSNBC is 65 and the median age of CNN is 60. All the network news programs have a median age of about 60.

If you would have read the article you would have known that almost 60% of FOX viewers are in the 25-54 demographic. FOX News was at the median age of 66 but that number is trending down as viewership is trending up. MSNBC was at a median age of 64, so they are trending in the other direction.

"from November 18th through the 24thóFox News posted its highest weekly ratings of 2019, with an average total audience of 3.015 million viewers and 1.735 million viewers in the key demographic of adults 25-54. Fox News was the highest-rated basic cable channel on the week, ahead of ESPN (2.659 million), MSNBC (2.474 million), Hallmark Channel (1.576 million) and CNN (1.175 million)."

So following your logic, If you add up all the other news networks together they have more viewers than Fox...it sounds like you are admitting that there is a main stream media bias against Republicans. That's the only way that your argument makes any sense.

I don't get my news from websites.
There is Factstream media bias against Republicans. That is why they bought a network that would lie and make them feel better.

Last edited by Flynmaggot; 12-08-2019 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
Nevermind the arguments back and forth, did he do this, did he do that (even though HE has admitted he has).
Nevermind the arguments back and forth, are they impeachable offenses (even though they clearly are, if you're not blinded by partisanship).
Nevermind if you subscribe to the impeach and remove, impeach but acquit, Presidential censure or even the "he did nothing wrong at all" group (of delusional) people.

If you have seen his comments recently regarding water and toilets you cannot sit there and say that he should not be removed via the 25th amendment for senility.

Well someone will be able to justify them with obscure "articles" from, at best partisan and at worst ridiculously incredulous sources.

Stay tuned.....
Now every racist in the country will be forced into bankruptcy because of their unexpected $2,000 water bill.

I can, however, believe that some people flush 10-15 times. Toddlers, people who have lived as natives in the depths of the Amazon jungle their entire lives, and Unfrozen Cavemen Lawyers.

There is such a thing as a courtesy flush. I can't imagine a narcissist like Trump doing that. In fact, I can imagine him doing quite the opposite: "Melania, come here. Did you ever see such a perfect one? Beautiful."

I personally see Impeachment as America's courtesy flush.
Old 12-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Now every racist in the country will be forced into bankruptcy because of their unexpected $2,000 water bill.

I can, however, believe that some people flush 10-15 times. Toddlers, people who have lived as natives in the depths of the Amazon jungle their entire lives, and Unfrozen Cavemen Lawyers.

There is such a thing as a courtesy flush. I can't imagine a narcissist like Trump doing that. In fact, I can imagine him doing quite the opposite: "Melania, come here. Did you ever see such a perfect one? Beautiful."

I personally see Impeachment as America's courtesy flush.
Just shows you how full of crap the guy is.
Old 12-08-2019
Olympian

I have been hearing interviews with Donald since Way back on the Howard Stern show. I specifically remember him saying that aerosols donít do anything to the environment. He said that he puts hair spray on every single day in his New York apartment and it doesnít leave the room or do anything.
Old 12-08-2019
Olympian

He's a genius, If he brings back the 3 gallon per flush toilet he will win in a 50 state landslide.
Sponsored Links