Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 07-03-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Harsh words for a man who threw the first stone with the Romeoville/OP comment.

This is a classic Freudian slip. I think you meant: "Harsh words FROM a man who threw the first stone"... although I definitely agree with the way you presented it. I definitely have harsh words FOR any man who throws the first stone.

Quote:
They lived in OP.
Who said otherwise? I only thought perhaps they're continuing the grand tradition of notable Oak Park athletes who return to where they originally hailed from once their time knocking an actual hometown kid out of the lineup has come and went.

Like I said, I'm willing to pick up any donations from either location.

Quote:
Parents want to put their kids in the best place possible for their kids to succeed. Do you regret moving your kid to Montini? What is the other option? Fake a divorce so he could obtain a different address to make his kids eligible to compete? Who cares? Matches were wrestled, state championships won or lost. And nothing from the IHSA. You are training in one of (if not the best) rooms in the country. Can we just all root for IL wrestlers at Fargo? This is the time of year we should all come together. People make mistakes. We all do our time, deal with the consequences and move on
You seem to have a lot of feelings. Any donations?

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 07-03-2019
Obi-Wan Kenobi

What a Joke

Knocked a hometown kid out of the lineup.

This from the guy that offered to put my kid up in his basement in an effort to have him wrestle at Nequa Valley? Didn't you care about knocking one of those kids out of the lineup? Slow down, Kevin.

You are the king of doing what most others won't with/for their kids while at the same time crapping on anything anyone else does with/for theirs if you didn't do it. When bending rules, taking nontraditional routes and thinking outside the box you have established the Swier Line- if you did it it's ok if you didn't do it ya bytch about it.

Kinda like weight cutting. How much is too much? Anything over the Swier Line.
Old 07-03-2019
Varsity

You guys should meet up for a fist fight. I will take on Earl Campbell and then we can all get beers and talk about how horrible of a state Indiana is and how boring greco is.

Earl Campbell cannot come.
Old 07-04-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBearSLIM View Post
Knocked a hometown kid out of the lineup.

This from the guy that offered to put my kid up in his basement in an effort to have him wrestle at Nequa Valley? Didn't you care about knocking one of those kids out of the lineup? Slow down, Kevin.

You are the king of doing what most others won't with/for their kids while at the same time crapping on anything anyone else does with/for theirs if you didn't do it. When bending rules, taking nontraditional routes and thinking outside the box you have established the Swier Line- if you did it it's ok if you didn't do it ya bytch about it.

Kinda like weight cutting. How much is too much? Anything over the Swier Line.
So basically what you’re saying is — even if any of this were true — ultimately you held out for a better offer.

Like any good whore would.

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 07-04-2019
Olympian

I am all for donating old wrestling shoes. Unfortunately, I found out that my old ones were the perfect things to wear on a Jetske and God knows where they are now. I do have a good friend in Guatemala and I will text him and see if he knows anything about wrestling down there. Peace, Bob
Old 07-04-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
I am all for donating old wrestling shoes. Unfortunately, I found out that my old ones were the perfect things to wear on a Jetske and God knows where they are now. I do have a good friend in Guatemala and I will text him and see if he knows anything about wrestling down there. Peace, Bob
Get back on the original topic, sir.

We are talking about how it is bullcrap you can go wherever you want for high school. My great great grandparents did not fight and die for this country to give me the freedom to choose where I get my education from.
Old 07-05-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Let us all know please. I certainly want to help wrestling. And I want to help people who need it. Everywhere. And the best way to help anyone isn’t to give them illegal access so other people can pay for them. Gee, is that one point or two I just made?

There have been some interesting revelations to come to light so I still hold only minor regrets for beginning this effort.

1.) Folks will look to politicize ANYTHING no matter the actual virtue of the cause.

2.) if you’re willing to believe Larry, illegal recruiting exists! He said it here for all to read!

3.) ...just not at any of the places he moved into.

4.) The key to successful posting on here, I’ve discovered, is to act chivalrous and cryptic while being the biggest scumbag you can be. Solid tip for anyone who wants to contribute. Me? I tend to skip the former when pursuing the latter. Square peg.

Last edited by Truth is Out There; 07-05-2019 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2019
Olympian

I texted him. He lives about three hours in the mountains away from the city so he’s not sure about wrestling. He said there is literally no work . I wasn’t trying to politicize anything. By the way, he has dual citizenship he is staying there because his mother is gravely ill. But I do think we should all gather up as many wrestling shoes as we can and donate them to beat the streets, Guatemala, or anywhere in the world where they would be gold. And I really wasn’t being a smart ***, they do work great on a jet ski
Old 07-06-2019
Olympian

Quote:
I texted him. He lives about three hours in the mountains away from the city so he’s not sure about wrestling. He said there is literally no work . I wasn’t trying to politicize anything. By the way, he has dual citizenship he is staying there because his mother is gravely ill. But I do think we should all gather up as many wrestling shoes as we can and donate them to beat the streets, Guatemala, or anywhere in the world where they would be gold. And I really wasn’t being a smart ***, they do work great on a jet ski
I am sorry. It appears I wasn’t explicit as I needed to be. No you definitely did not attempt to politicize anything. That comment was directed elsewhere. Albeit in a response to you.

I actually enjoy your thoughts quite a bit. Even the ones I disagree with. I’d enjoy meeting you someday.

Old 07-06-2019
Olympian

You can always find me near the concession stand! I do appreciate the efforts of trying to get some shoes to some less privileged kids. It bothers the hell out of me that wrestling is the least supported Sport in Chicago. Affluent schools change mats like People change underwear. There is probably some sort of tax write off for that too. Once they have the mats, wrestling Hass to be the cheapest sport to equipped for. When I was coaching I had a deal for like $35 wrestling shoes and headgear. No offense taken. But just so you know, as soon as private schools entered the HSA there of been people jumping around all over. When I was a kid, The kids coming out of Op and TP Would have made Andrew or Sandburg state champs for sure. And back then if you were near the border they let you choose which school you want to with it to in the district. I let that stuff go years ago it is just part of life and a personal choice for people. Hell, even when I was coaching at Proviso tons of kids went to Oak Park and Montini and other private schools. I just wish everyone the best. And I am still in touch with everyone now.