Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 08-07-2019
Olympian

End of discussion he says! Who are you Judge Roy Bean! ? If I find out where you hold tournaments I will critique your concession stand and rain down a s$&t storm on your grub that will have your tournament permanently banned by the state! And me from this site.
Old 08-07-2019
Olympian

I didnít mean to make a joke. The stuff is actually serious. I just had lunch and realize I was asking for humans to have the same protection as deer!
Old 08-07-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
End of discussion he says! Who are you Judge Roy Bean! ? If I find out where you hold tournaments I will critique your concession stand and rain down a s$&t storm on your grub that will have your tournament permanently banned by the state! And me from this site.
You're right. I'm sorry. I meant end of rational discussion.
Old 08-07-2019
Junior Varsity

Hereís the quote I had in mind when I said ďend of discussionĒ

If society is honest and historically accurate, the only question that has any relevance to the gun control debate is ďDo you trust the government, now and forever in the future, to not take your life, liberty or property through the force of government?Ē If the answer to that question is ďnoĒ, the gun control debate is over. ~~ KrisAnne Hall, JD
Old 08-07-2019
Olympian

There are tons and tons of examples of limits to our freedoms that the government has the right to do to ensure safety for all. Speed limits, flight control, we could go on forever.
Old 08-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Trump has proven facts and science do not matter in this, I am still waiting for him to post his hundreds of pictures of Comey and Mueller kissing that he claimed to have. So typically weird nobody cares, you called it Trumpism.

Slice the data any way you like, 11 big ones, 130 medium ones, 249 total ones...but grouping year is fairly random regardless - it is the trend that matters...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

The arrow is going up, the weirdos that do this study the previous ones. Everyone know there will be a huge count one in the future. Talk is cheap, it comes down to money. When Our town buys more of the senate than the NRA, that is when things will change for the better or worse - depending on your opinion. I am ok with letting market forces decide this one, the pace of change has been surprisingly slow. The NRA has a lot of in-fighting as well, it will be interesting to see what happens with that. This is simply a case of put up or shut up. It was interesting to see how fast people skipped over the "praying" talk to isn't this kind of dumb we let this happen here talk, might be due to the fact that people are less religious than they used to be as well.

https://membership.nra.org/FAQ
or
https://everytown.org/
Yes, the trend is bad...but what's causing the trend? If we knew what is causing mass shootings, we could fix the problem. I googled "how many mass shooters are NRA members" As far as I could tell the answer is zero. NRA members tend to be the most law abiding citizens among us, but somehow they get demonize for fighting for a right that is guarantied in the constitution.

Some point to the fact that almost all mass shooters are on antidepressants.

I think violent video games and movies play a small part.

Nearly all of the mass shooters are fatherless.

Some believe that fame and glory are what the shooters are seeking.

Maybe it is all of the above...but one thing that we know for sure is that it is not the gun...no matter how big it is.

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...se-narratives/
Old 08-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Look, we can never stop every act of violence. I said my piece about the words that come out of the presidents mouth and fingers. When hard-core gone owners hear about databases and background checks they immediately turn to thinking their house is going to be invaded by the ATF like in Waco Texas . I do like the fact that there are many law-abiding gun owners what I am trying to do is simply deter people from getting high powered guns and being able to sell them for profit.
It is common knowledge that you can buy anything you want in Indiana just like fireworks and bring them right across the border. But many of the people that do this would definitely think twice if they think that going to be traced back to them. Also, these mass shooters tend to have checkered pasts. I would like to think they canít just simply get down in the keyboard and laid out a credit card and get whatever they want. Call me crazy.

I know I keep using the fishing license example but the reason is is I welcome a game warden to board my boat whenever he wants. And I have had people argue with me about keeping the fish thatís not legal and I simply tell them look if you donít like it I will drop you off right on the shore. Or they asked me what they should bring, I said absolutely nothing except stop at a sporting good store and get a $15 license. Do you know I have good friends that have come to the lake and I am providing everything from food during gas and lodging and I donít have the damn license. And they tell me not to worry. And I tell him I got news for you partner, it is going to be me that feels it not you! It is a private lake, and even if it wasnít the game warden could tell me to send my boat right to that ramp or itís gonna be pulled out. So what I do is walk them into The marina and embarrassed the living hell out of him and say my friend youíre short on money I want to buy him his license! And then they tried to give me the $15 and I told him no you keep it. Strict laws just like strict schools actually give more freedom.
I thought that it is perfectly legal to fish on private property without a license.

I would not let you buy me a fishing license because I don't trust the government with that much money.

I agree wholeheartedly that there should be a serious crack down on straw buyers. They should be held responsible for the crimes committed with the gun. The difficulty is going to be reading the cereal number after it has been ground off. That's the thing about criminals...they are not very good at following laws.

I suppose high volume buyers could be subjected to an audit of their collection without violating the constitution. I would be in favor of creative legislation as long as it does not infringe on rights.

Cameras would stop the killing in Chicago. A camera on each street and you could literally follow the killer home.
Old 08-08-2019
Olympian

MAL, I think we are close to meeting halfway on Sunday! I totally agree that it is not NRA members that are doing the shooting. They are legit, license, and generally actually advertise that they are carrying. But the group does lobby to stop really any kind of restrictions whatsoever on the sales or possession of guns.

There is definitely something wrong with the family structure and overall chemical in balance with drugs and alcohol that have a lot to do with it.

I should clarify that when I say private lake it is not actually mine. Do you have to own property on the lake so it is kind of like a private golf course as opposed to a public one. In other words, you can be stopped by the lake security or a game warden. Normally you could keep a bass in Illinois over 14 inches. In the lake I fish at it Hass to be over 23 or under 13 to keep it.

If the President is trying to divide this country. Half so we fight each other and become weaker, they are doing a hell of a job! Peace, ole pioneer

Last edited by oldpioneer; 08-08-2019 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
There are tons and tons of examples of limits to our freedoms that the government has the right to do to ensure safety for all. Speed limits, flight control, we could go on forever.
Of those tons of examples, which are specifically provided for by the Constitution?

At this point, the right bear arms ensures far more safety than any speed limits. I read earlier that you are 59 times more likely to die in a vehicular incident than you are in a shooting incident.

$15 minimum wage is now becoming a call for $20 minimum wage. Same way a call for AR-15s will become a call for other types of weapons. This sitcom is in reruns.

You finally hit on a point I can agree with you on. We could go on forever.
Old 08-08-2019
Olympian

There are far more vehicles running on the road right now then there are fire arms in the hand.

Minimum-wage was $3.25 when I was 16 . It moves with the times. Unlike firearm legislation that is the same now for a musket that was probably accurate at 20 yards and took a couple minutes to reload.

You know I heard there is a new law called Scottís law. It is meant to protect police officers on the side of the road. Maybe we should do away with that government regulation. I mean what is the point someoneís bound to be hit anyway right?

I will tell you the next big thing that needs to be government regulated. Drones. As they become far more advanced in numerous and something bad happens we can always say , Drones donít kill people, the people controlling them do.