Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Can anyone name another State that doesn’t allow holdbacks? Let’s weaken IL wrestling because you made the decision to not give your kid the edge in high school or beyond using the age rules set by IHSA.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

I think it is ridiculous to have age restrictions as well. It is plain racist that I cannot earn my first IKWF state title this year.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Nobody is saying you can’t hold your kid back. You just can’t compete in the IKWF. I always wonder if the parents of a 14/15 year old, or the kid himself, gain any sort of pleasure in beating a 12 year old. Big whippy do. You beat a kid 2 to 3 years younger than you. Go buy yourself a porterhouse steak and celebrate your domination. Kinda like Kramer in Seinfeld dominating all the little kids in the dojo. What a bunch of tools.

https://youtu.be/7t8xwpW8gJQ

And

https://youtu.be/ad8M_QrSf40
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
I think it is ridiculous to have age restrictions as well. It is plain racist that I cannot earn my first IKWF state title this year.
I doubt you would even qualify.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Freshman wrestle seniors, many who are legal age adults. People going to whine then too? Your 18 yr old beat up my 13/14 year old, I’m pressing legal charges? Complaining about the age limit is just another avenue for the pussification of the sport.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Campbell View Post
I doubt you would even qualify.
Aw come on, you know how hard I go. You also have first hand experience with how good I am on top. You are just mad about the tearing. The doctor said that will clear up in a few weeks and then you will be able to go to the bathroom as normal. He did say you should quit grabbing your waste from the bowl and writing on the floors with it. He said that had nothing to do with the severe injury you obtained while I had both legs in and was riding you hard.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

As far as I can tell 14yr. olds on IKWF rosters totaled 3.3% of state qualifiers. These 14 qualifiers took home 2.1% of the medals.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffer Now View Post
Freshman wrestle seniors, many who are legal age adults. People going to whine then too? Your 18 yr old beat up my 13/14 year old, I’m pressing legal charges? Complaining about the age limit is just another avenue for the pussification of the sport.
This can be easily flipped the other way around too. What’s the matter, is the 14/15 yr purposeful holdback to afraid to enter HS and face those 17 or 18 year olds? Or are they just content with beating up on 12yr olds like Kramer was dominating? LOL.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Olympian

I would think being help back is comparatively rare, then combining that rare element with the odds of being a top wrestler = lower odds. If you are going to that much trouble, there is other things to do with that time that of better effect. And if they are held back, it is possible it is not for wrestling reasons. Wrestling attracts smaller kids for obvious reasons, same reasons for holding back kids. I would think that most "hold backs" are at Kindergarden - those august - september kids that will be on the young or old end. I would think that depends more on child care than anything else. It does help being the oldest kid in the class - but then again Ohio has 5 time state champs so other factors more important.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Varsity

It won’t matter how many state titles you win in high school because you are 20 years old and still in high school. At the end of the day, you are a loser with only your parents trying to justify it being a great decision.

Don’t kid yourself, holding any kid back to win a state title in wrestling is dumb.

Good for IKWF!

Knee pad
Sponsored Links