Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 10-13-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIU Dog View Post
Word is E'lan wasn't returning to LaSalle for reasons I'm not sure of. The U of I coaches were going to set him up in the apartment of an U of I RTC wrestler and go to a Champaign area school. He was set to enroll the Monday after the U of I recruit weekend. While down on the recruit weekend, Danny Pucino's mom heard E'lan's story and decided to take him in and become his legal guardian. The guardianship was established and he was enrolled in Libertyville the following week. LaSalle signed off on his transfer waiver so he is eligible to compete for Libertyville.

In terms of his transfer being for wrestling only, if anyone knows E'lan's former coach Ryan Root, no one having a chance to wrestle for Coach Root leaves him, especially if it is a guy that already wrestled for him for three years. And no elite wrestler leaves LaSalle with the type of schedule they have, and the type of workout partners they have, if they have a choice. I would imagine with LaSalle being a private school in the Cincinnati area, the move isn't for academic reasons either.

It would appear his transfer is simply being a better living situation with the Pucino's than what he had in Cincinnati.
Thanks for other side of the story but fits side by side to the story we all heard.
Sponsored Links