Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 07-06-2019
Olympian

Kids coming out of the Harvey twisters would’ve made Thornwood state champs as well
Old 07-07-2019
Varsity

Where can I send ?

I have a bunch of singlets, 4 pairs of shoes, (kids singlets, 1 pair kids shoes, 3 adult size 11-12) which may not suit
Old 07-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Kids coming out of the Harvey twisters would’ve made Thornwood state champs as well
You could probably include Thornton as well.
Old 07-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuck! View Post
I have a bunch of singlets, 4 pairs of shoes, (kids singlets, 1 pair kids shoes, 3 adult size 11-12) which may not suit
All the details are in the original post.

To expedite, I've re-posted the most pertinent here:

To Donate Shoes, Shirts, Shorts and Singlets:
Mail to:
USA Wrestling
Attn: Lorraine Rorabaugh
6155 Lehman Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Or if you like, I'll be happy to pick up from any Chicagoland location and facilitate shipping for you.

Thanks for your consideration.

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 07-08-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
Here's to hoping that in a few years, we're importing kids from Guatemala for the same reason we brought them in from Harvey...

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Old 07-09-2019
not new at all

Quote:
I’m not going to say whether either of those schools woulda, coulda, shoulda won a state title but not all twisters would have went to Thornton or thornwood. They would have also attended thornridge with the Douglas’ or joined the Dantzler’s at Breman, I don’t believe the Peros would have went to any of those schools. In some cases TF North and South along with the Blooms schools, Rich township schools and Crete Monee would have drawn twisters. So the main core of twisters would have been split up anyway. But in the 90s if you sprinkle in the kids from the Dolton, Calumet City And Lansing teams to any of those high schools then for sure those south Suburban public schools could have dominated.

Last edited by justamin; 07-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-10-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamin View Post
I’m not going to say whether either of those schools woulda, coulda, shoulda won a state title but not all twisters would have went to Thornton or thornwood. They would have also attended thornridge with the Douglas’ or joined the Dantzler’s at Breman, I don’t believe the Peros would have went to any of those schools. In some cases TF North and South along with the Blooms schools, Rich township schools and Crete Monee would have drawn twisters. So the main core of twisters would have been split up anyway. But in the 90s if you sprinkle in the kids from the Dolton, Calumet City And Lansing teams to any of those high schools then for sure those south Suburban public schools could have dominated.
I really wasn't referring to the schools winning a state title, but having several individual champs. I never mentioned ALL TWISTERS would go there. I am quite aware of Twisters going to other schools. IMO, I think the majority would be Thornton and Thornwood. I know Dantzler and Pero and Douglass would not. I'm surprised you didn't mention the Williams brothers who would have been Thornton products from Harvey. There are so many names.
Old 07-10-2019
not new at all

Quote:
I really wasn't referring to the schools winning a state title, but having several individual champs. I never mentioned ALL TWISTERS would go there. I am quite aware of Twisters going to other schools. IMO, I think the majority would be Thornton and Thornwood. I know Dantzler and Pero and Douglass would not. I'm surprised you didn't mention the Williams brothers who would have been Thornton products from Harvey. There are so many names.
I suppose I just quoted you cuz you were the last comment after OP Who did state that, and I didn’t include Thornton or thornwood kids cuz I assumed we all knew why the statement was made... for example Thornton would have been tough because at one point 2 of the Williams and I believe Davis would have been there at one time such as they where at MC, sprinkle in the others and tough indeed. Would that Thornton team been able to beat a public school that lost to Carmel in 93 downstate... it’s possible.

Last edited by justamin; 07-10-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-10-2019
Olympian

Yeah, I am not sure where everyone reside at. I just mention Thornwood because they were pretty tough as it was. Also, when you pepper in A few state champs, interest for the sport girls at the school and the competition level rises. Pure speculation on my part. And definitely water under the bridge.