Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-06-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
Kids coming out of the Harvey twisters would’ve made Thornwood state champs as well
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-07-2019
SuperDuck! SuperDuck! is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 490
Where can I send ?

I have a bunch of singlets, 4 pairs of shoes, (kids singlets, 1 pair kids shoes, 3 adult size 11-12) which may not suit
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-08-2019
Dondo Dondo is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Homewood
Posts: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Kids coming out of the Harvey twisters would’ve made Thornwood state champs as well
You could probably include Thornton as well.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-08-2019
Truth is Out There's Avatar
Truth is Out There Truth is Out There is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuck! View Post
I have a bunch of singlets, 4 pairs of shoes, (kids singlets, 1 pair kids shoes, 3 adult size 11-12) which may not suit
All the details are in the original post.

To expedite, I've re-posted the most pertinent here:

To Donate Shoes, Shirts, Shorts and Singlets:
Mail to:
USA Wrestling
Attn: Lorraine Rorabaugh
6155 Lehman Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80918


Or if you like, I'll be happy to pick up from any Chicagoland location and facilitate shipping for you.

Thanks for your consideration.
__________________
"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-08-2019
Truth is Out There's Avatar
Truth is Out There Truth is Out There is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
You could probably include Thornton as well.
Here's to hoping that in a few years, we're importing kids from Guatemala for the same reason we brought them in from Harvey...
__________________
"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be." -- P.C. Hodgell

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." -- Plato

“Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” -- John Lennon
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-09-2019
justamin justamin is offline
not new at all
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
You could probably include Thornton as well.
I’m not going to say whether either of those schools woulda, coulda, shoulda won a state title but not all twisters would have went to Thornton or thornwood. They would have also attended thornridge with the Douglas’ or joined the Dantzler’s at Breman, I don’t believe the Peros would have went to any of those schools. In some cases TF North and South along with the Blooms schools, Rich township schools and Crete Monee would have drawn twisters. So the main core of twisters would have been split up anyway. But in the 90s if you sprinkle in the kids from the Dolton, Calumet City And Lansing teams to any of those high schools then for sure those south Suburban public schools could have dominated.

Last edited by justamin; 07-09-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-10-2019
Dondo Dondo is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Homewood
Posts: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamin View Post
I’m not going to say whether either of those schools woulda, coulda, shoulda won a state title but not all twisters would have went to Thornton or thornwood. They would have also attended thornridge with the Douglas’ or joined the Dantzler’s at Breman, I don’t believe the Peros would have went to any of those schools. In some cases TF North and South along with the Blooms schools, Rich township schools and Crete Monee would have drawn twisters. So the main core of twisters would have been split up anyway. But in the 90s if you sprinkle in the kids from the Dolton, Calumet City And Lansing teams to any of those high schools then for sure those south Suburban public schools could have dominated.
I really wasn't referring to the schools winning a state title, but having several individual champs. I never mentioned ALL TWISTERS would go there. I am quite aware of Twisters going to other schools. IMO, I think the majority would be Thornton and Thornwood. I know Dantzler and Pero and Douglass would not. I'm surprised you didn't mention the Williams brothers who would have been Thornton products from Harvey. There are so many names.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-10-2019
justamin justamin is offline
not new at all
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo View Post
I really wasn't referring to the schools winning a state title, but having several individual champs. I never mentioned ALL TWISTERS would go there. I am quite aware of Twisters going to other schools. IMO, I think the majority would be Thornton and Thornwood. I know Dantzler and Pero and Douglass would not. I'm surprised you didn't mention the Williams brothers who would have been Thornton products from Harvey. There are so many names.
I suppose I just quoted you cuz you were the last comment after OP Who did state that, and I didn’t include Thornton or thornwood kids cuz I assumed we all knew why the statement was made... for example Thornton would have been tough because at one point 2 of the Williams and I believe Davis would have been there at one time such as they where at MC, sprinkle in the others and tough indeed. Would that Thornton team been able to beat a public school that lost to Carmel in 93 downstate... it’s possible.

Last edited by justamin; 07-10-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-10-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,976
Yeah, I am not sure where everyone reside at. I just mention Thornwood because they were pretty tough as it was. Also, when you pepper in A few state champs, interest for the sport girls at the school and the competition level rises. Pure speculation on my part. And definitely water under the bridge.
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.