Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 03-04-2012
Junior Varsity

Headgear Decals/Stickers

I am wondering where everyone is getting all these headgear stickers that everyone is getting this year.

i know i saw them at the kids open and i failed to get some there and i did not think about getting the co. name

Little Help
Old 03-04-2012

CrossFaceGraphics.com (248) 219-0626
Old 03-04-2012
Varsity

They are on facebook too crossface graphics some really neat work they do on headgear!
Old 03-04-2012
Varsity

Send a message via AIM to Chase's Mom
they will be at state this week.
Old 03-05-2012

If you google CDI in Chicago, they can create these for you. Great thing for clubs/teams to do. They only have a minimum order of approximately 25 and all of the art and set up work is free. Probably cost in the $2-$4 range. Ask for Mike Morrisey. He can custom design anything for your use. All you have to do is tell him what you want.
Old 03-11-2012
Varsity

If you are a senior going into high school next year I wouldn't waste the money on them because you will not be able to wear the head gear on the high school mats. IKWF chose not to impose the no sticker, no tape rule that was added to the IHSA rules this year....IHSA has not ignored it and you will not be allowed to wear them in a match. They are very cool but what a waste of money for the older kids!
Old 03-11-2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
If you are a senior going into high school next year I wouldn't waste the money on them because you will not be able to wear the head gear on the high school mats. IKWF chose not to impose the no sticker, no tape rule that was added to the IHSA rules this year....IHSA has not ignored it and you will not be allowed to wear them in a match. They are very cool but what a waste of money for the older kids!
Stickers are allowed on headgear in the IHSA. The taping of the headgear is not allowed.
Old 03-11-2012
Varsity

There were several kids that were made to peel stickers off their head gear at tournaments this year...they were told that they were not allowed this year
Old 03-12-2012
Varsity

I don't think stickers are allowed in high school. Depending on how you interpret the rule. It has something to do with the language of "as the manufacturer intended." (or something similar to that language)

We sell all over the country so it varies slightly from state to state on enforcement. I could be wrong but this rule has been in effect for quite some years. I believe they have just clarified the rule and specifically said no taping, no criss crossing the straps, etc. I believe it has been strictly enforced in NC for several years no.

Cliff Keen does sell a headgear that can be customized with your team logo. The only drawback is you need to order 15 units. The cost winds up about $6.50 a logo so about $13 per headgear.

You can get a custom color combination of the headgear - e.g. choose your ear shell and straps. You do have to buy the headgear so the headgear and the logos wind up being $50 a piece (and you have to buy 15 units).

What we are doing with our club is we are putting a common logo on the side of the headgear so both the Junior program and the high school program could buy the headgear.

Last edited by WGC; 03-12-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-12-2012
Unite or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
There were several kids that were made to peel stickers off their head gear at tournaments this year...they were told that they were not allowed this year
Is it that hard to carry your old headgear with you in case there is a problem?