Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

1. Did Donald Trump use his status as president in an effort to extort a personal benefit from Ukraine?
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

2. Did Donald Trump obstruct Congress' investigation by ordering witnesses not to testify and government agencies not to provide records?
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

3. If your answer to either "1" or "2" is yes, does that conduct amount to an impeachable offense under the Constitution?
Old 12-11-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
3. If your answer to either "1" or "2" is yes, does that conduct amount to an impeachable offense under the Constitution?
Okay, I will humor you simply because you're a blathering boob.

Answer to 1 is No. There is no evidence of that whatsoever.

Answer to 2 is Yes, but you fail to recognize that there are allowable exceptions to not providing what was requested. Executive privilege. It's always been up to a court to decide whether he needed to provide or not provide. I remember him asking for as much. You seem to have misplaced this under one of your Batman cartoons.

Impeachment is reserved for high crimes. There is nothing of the sort here. Was it in the public's interest to uncover the corruption present with the Bidens? If the answer is Yes then it pre-empts any political benefit Trump may or may not receive in the future.
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

Quote:
1. Did Joe Biden use his status as vice president in an effort to extort a personal benefit from Ukraine?
((((YES!))))
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

Quote:
2. Did Barack Obama obstruct Congress' investigation by ordering witnesses not to testify and government agencies not to provide records?
((((YES!))))
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Okay, I will humor you simply because you're a blathering boob.

Answer to 1 is No. There is no evidence of that whatsoever.

Answer to 2 is Yes, but you fail to recognize that there are allowable exceptions to not providing what was requested. Executive privilege. It's always been up to a court to decide whether he needed to provide or not provide. I remember him asking for as much. You seem to have misplaced this under one of your Batman cartoons.

Impeachment is reserved for high crimes. There is nothing of the sort here. Was it in the public's interest to uncover the corruption present with the Bidens? If the answer is Yes then it pre-empts any political benefit Trump may or may not receive in the future.
What is the line for that game?
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
I couldn't find your point in your link. But here is what he said.

I tried to book a vacation at Trump's hotel in Moscow, but I couldn't find it on Expedia. can you post a link so I can book it?

Steele also described his interactions with Sen. John McCain's aide, David Kramer, whose own deposition showed that he provided BuzzFeed with a copy of the dossier and had spoken with more than a dozen journalists about it.

“I provided copies of the December memo to Fusion GPS for onward passage to David Kramer at the request of Sen. John McCain," Steele said. "Sen. McCain nominated him as the intermediary. I did not choose him as the intermediary.”

When asked if he told Kramer that he couldn't "vouch for everything that was produced in the memos," Steele replied, "Yes, with an emphasis on 'everything.'"
You said he couldn’t verify anything. That was a lie. My article backed that up.

You can’t book a room at the Moscow Trump hotel so he must have never negotiated the deal. Thanks to the Republicans all “attempted” crimes are now legal. Don’t worry attempted murderers if you failed you’re all good. No probs.
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

He makes a good point Mal
Old 12-11-2019
Olympian

Did Sondland commit perjury?

Sondland would make the third witness that is suspected to have committed perjury.

“I told Mr. Yermak that I believed that the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine took some kind of action on the public statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,” Sondland testified.

This statement was allegedly intended to announce two investigations: one into the discredited claims that Ukraine helped Hillary Clinton’s campaign in the 2016 presidential election, and another related to the work that Hunter Biden, the son of presidential candidate Joe Biden, did for a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma Holdings, while his father was the U.S. Vice President.

Based on the testimony from Sondland and other witnesses, the final report from the House Intelligence Committee concluded last week that Sondland made this offer of a quid pro quo clear to Yermak that day in Warsaw. “Following this meeting, Ambassador Sondland pulled aside President Zelensky’s advisor, Mr. Yermak, to explain that the hold on security assistance was conditioned on the public announcement of the Burisma/Biden and the 2016 election interference investigations,” the report states.

Yermak disputes this. “Gordon and I were never alone together,” he said when TIME asked about the Warsaw meeting. “We bumped into each other in the hallway next to the escalator, as I was walking out.” He recalls that several members of the American and Ukrainian delegations were also nearby, as well as bodyguards and hotel staff, though he was not sure whether any of them heard his brief conversation with Sondland. “And I remember – everything is fine with my memory – we talked about how well the meeting went. That’s all we talked about,” Yermak says.

https://time.com/5746417/ukraine-and...ent-interview/
Sponsored Links