Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 12-19-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Impeached president Donald Trump, who was just impeached and will always be remembered as having been impeached, may have to wait on his impeachment removal trial until the Senate provides better impeachment removal procedures and allows the Democratic impeachment hearing managers the right to call impeachment witnesses like Rudy "Impeachment" Giuliani, John "Impeachment" Bolton and Mick "Get over impeachment" Mulvaney.

Again, Republicans are out-smarted by Nancy Pelosi.

Moreover, this gives additional time (1) for impeached president Donald Trump to screw something up, which you know the impeached president will, (2) for impeachment witnesses to be ordered to appear by a court at the impeachment removal trial, (3) for Senate Republicans to have more of their primary deadlines pass so they can look at impeachment removal with less cowardly fear in their eyes, (4) for Giuliani to admit to more impeachment evidence, and (5) for other impeachment evidence to surface for the impeachment removal trial.

McConnell probably shouldn't have announced his faux-impeachment strategy so soon. Now, he's been out-foxed by Nadler, Schiff and Pelosi.
Well...now we can wait and see if the American voters enjoyed watching the bloody mess of that baby being split in half, right up the middle. That baby will bleed red.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 12-19-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Then, why did you claim 30-50 times that the Democrats would not impeach Trump? Were you lying to us, or were you just wrong ... 30-50 times?
Its kinda hard to say that I was wrong if Nancy never sends the Articles Of Impeachment to the Senate. It makes my point actually, that She can't afford to Let the President have his day in court.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 12-19-2019
mooseknuckle's Avatar
mooseknuckle mooseknuckle is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
Its kinda hard to say that I was wrong if Nancy never sends the Articles Of Impeachment to the Senate. It makes my point actually, that She can't afford to Let the President have his day in court.
this was only done to create the talking point of saying the president was impeached so sheep like the chief can dribble it out of their mouths a few more times as illustrated above. i never thought impeachment would become a badge of courage and a rallying point.
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 12-19-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
A look into the Articles of Impeachment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIx5...em-uploademail
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 12-20-2019
ChiefIllini1 ChiefIllini1 is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,765
Is the dam breaking?

Today, a leading magazine for Evangelical Christians came out strongly for removal of impeached president Donald J. Trump. Christianity Today was founded by Billy Graham, and it has been called "evangelicalism's flagship magazine" by no less than the Washington Post. The entire editorial is a delight to read, and I recommend it. Here are a few of the more glorious snippets:

Quote:
But the facts in this instance are unambiguous: The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.
Unconstitutional and "profoundly immoral" is how Christianity Today describes Trump's actions regarding Ukraine and VP Biden. I agree, although my language would be, perhaps, a little more salty. But they don't stop there:

Quote:
His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.
Ouch? And then:

Quote:
None of the president’s positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character.
And finally, for the pinfall:

Quote:
To the many evangelicals who continue to support Mr. Trump in spite of his blackened moral record, we might say this: Remember who you are and whom you serve. Consider how your justification of Mr. Trump influences your witness to your Lord and Savior. Consider what an unbelieving world will say if you continue to brush off Mr. Trump’s immoral words and behavior in the cause of political expediency. If we don’t reverse course now, will anyone take anything we say about justice and righteousness with any seriousness for decades to come?
I am stunned. Yet, there is still hope for the impeached and immoral president. He still has Jerry Falwell, Jr., Franklin Graham and Poolboy University behind him!

Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 12-20-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Is the dam breaking?

Today, a leading magazine for Evangelical Christians came out strongly for removal of impeached president Donald J. Trump. Christianity Today was founded by Billy Graham, and it has been called "evangelicalism's flagship magazine" by no less than the Washington Post. The entire editorial is a delight to read, and I recommend it. Here are a few of the more glorious snippets:



Unconstitutional and "profoundly immoral" is how Christianity Today describes Trump's actions regarding Ukraine and VP Biden. I agree, although my language would be, perhaps, a little more salty. But they don't stop there:



Ouch? And then:



And finally, for the pinfall:



I am stunned. Yet, there is still hope for the impeached and immoral president. He still has Jerry Falwell, Jr., Franklin Graham and Poolboy University behind him!
It’s better to have an impossible dream than no dream at all.

Last edited by MAL; 12-20-2019 at 01:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 12-20-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
this was only done to create the talking point of saying the president was impeached so sheep like the chief can dribble it out of their mouths a few more times as illustrated above. i never thought impeachment would become a badge of courage and a rallying point.
I really believe the left is in a state of panic. Trump is erasing 30 years of their agenda and they are powerless to stop it...they have tried everything, but the harder they hit him the stronger he gets. I would be very surprise if the Trump campaign hasn't started fund raising and selling impeachment apparel.

possible slogans:

IMPEACH THIS!! on the Rocky/Trump meme

#Impeach ME TOO!! with 3 hot babes

I can remember when nobody wanted to get Impeached. With Bill Clinton in the back ground.

The Few. The Proud. The Impeached

Impeachment Just Do It

The relentless pursuit of Impeachment With Nancy chasing Trumps limo

Impeachment is a terrible thing to waste


Hey Chief, help me out here, this it right up your ally. Just think, Trump could make you rich with the right slogan...he has about 60 million die hard followers, and that number keeps growing everyday...and Trump supporters have jobs!
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 12-20-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL View Post
It's hard to talk about Impeachment without mentioning the perpetrators of the fraud, the active participants and a couple more to display hypocrisy.

Ok...you want to talk about Impeachment...the articles are Obstruction of Congress and Abuse of Power.

The Obstruction of Congress should get tossed out because Executive Privilege is every Presidents first option. That doesn't mean that Congress can't have access to the subpoenaed material/witnesses. It just means that they will have to make their case in court to force testimony. I believe Trump would have lost that battle in court, because he was claiming blanket Executive Privilege. No court would have given him that kind of sweeping immunity from testimony. Most if not all of the witnesses that did testify, testified because of a court decision that compelled them to appear. That begs the question, why did they not want to compel the rest of the high value witnesses? If I were to guess I would say that they knew that it may hurt their case. They are not stupid people...they were aware of the legal remedy, but they chose not to pursue it. I could be wrong about their strategy, but I am not wrong about the legal remedy option to compel witnesses.

There's one article down...I am sure that there will be no disagreement so we can now move on to the next Article.

Below is the entire transcript of the call with President Zelenskyy I would like you to highlight the part that proves Abuse of Power. We also need to remember that there is a reason that they did not charge him with Bribery...that reason is because all of their witness testimony to that effect was hearsay.

Highlight the incriminating statements, and we can discuss them

·UNCLASSIFIED

Declassified by order of the President'
September 24, 2019

MEMORANDUM OF TELEPHONE CONVERSATION
(C) Telephone Conversation with President Zelenskyy of Ukraine

Notetakers: The White House Situation·Room
July 25, 2019, 9:03 - 9:33 a.m. EDT

The President: Congratulations on a great victory. We all
watched from the United States and you did a terrific job. The
way you came from behind, somebody who wasn't given much of a
chance, and you ended up winning easily. It's a fantastic
achievement. Congratulations.

President Zelenskyy: You are absolutely right Mr.
Presideht. We did win big and we worked hard for this. We worked
a lot but I would like to confess to you that I had an
opportunity to learn from you. We used quite a few of your
skills and knowledge and were able to use it as an example for
our elections and yes it is true that these were unique
elections. We were in a unique situation that we were able to
achieve a unique success. I'm able to tell you the following;
the first time, you called me to congratulate me when I won my
presidential election, and the second time you are now calling
me when my party won the parliamentary election. I think I
should run more often so you can call me more often and we can
talk over the phone more often.

The President: [laughter] That's a very good idea. I
think your country is very happy about that.

President Zelenskyy: Well yes, to tell you the truth, we
are trying to work hard because we wanted to drain the swamp
here in our country. We brought in many many new people. Not the
old politicians, not the typical politicians, because we want to
have a new format and a new type of government. You are a great
teacher for us and in that.

The President: Well it is very nice of you to say that. I
will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort
and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are
doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany
does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think
it's something that you should really ask them about. When I was
speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she doesn't do
anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I
think it's something you want to look at but the United States
has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's
reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not
good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

President Zelenskyy: Yes you are absolutely right. not
only 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following;
I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her. I also met
and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing
quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the
sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not
working as much as they should work for Ukraine It turns out
that even though logically, the European Union should be our
biggest partner but technically the United States is a much
bigger partner than the European Union and I'm very grateful to
you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for
Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we
are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though
because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a
lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with
this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess
you have one of your wealthy people. The server, they say
Ukraine has it There are a lot of things that went on, the
whole situation I think you are surrounding yourself with some
of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General
call you or your people and I would like you to get to the
bottom of it. As you say yesterday, that whole nonsense ended
with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueler, an
incompetent performance but they say a lot of it started with
Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it
if that's possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and
everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a
President, it is very important and we are open for any future
cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in
relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that
purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and
he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced
ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two
nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see
him having your trust and your confidence and have personal
relations with you so we can cooperate even more so I will
personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr.
Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr.
Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that
you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I
surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I
also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great
friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we
can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround
myself with great people and in addition to that investigation,
I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the
investigations will be done openly and candidly. That I can
assure you.

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor
who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair.
A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your
very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people
involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the_
mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to
call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General.
Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very
capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The
former ambassador from the United States, the woman was bad
news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad
news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing,
There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the
prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so
whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.
Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if
you can look into it. It sounds horrible to me.

President Zelenskyy: I wanted to tell you about the
prosecutor First of all I understand and I'm knowledgeable
about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in
our Parliament. the next prosecutor general will be 100% my
person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and
will start. as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look.
into the situation, specifically to the company that you
mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the
case is actually the issue of making sure to resolve the honesty
so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation
of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have
any additional information that you can provide to µs, it would_
be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we
administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador
to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name
was Ivanovicli. It was great that you were the first one. who told
me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree·with you 100%.
Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the
previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept
me as a new President well enough.

The President: Well, she' s going to go through some
things. I will. have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also
going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the
bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the
prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair
prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your economy is going
to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets.
It's a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, their
incredible people.

President Zelenskyy: I would like to tell you that I also
have.quite a few Ukrainian friends that live in the United
States. Actually last time I traveled to the United States, I
stayed in New York near Central Park and I stayed at the Trump Tower. I will talk to them and I hope to see them again in the future. I also wanted to
thank you for your invitation to visit the United States, specifically Washington DC. On the other hand, I also want to ensure you that we will. be very serious about the case and will work on the investigation. As to the
economy, there is much potential for our two countries and one
of the issues that is very important for Ukraine is energy
independence. I believe we can be very successful and
cooperating on energy independence with United States. We are
already working on cooperation. We are buying American oil but I
am very hopeful for a future meeting. We will have more time and
more opportunity to discuss these opportunities and get to
know each other better. I would like to thank you very much for
your support.

The President: Good, well thank you very much and I
appreciate that. I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to call. Thank you. Whenever you would like to come to the White House feel free to call. Give us a date and we'll work that out. I look forward to seeing you.

President Zelenskyy: Thank you very much. I would be very
happy to come and would be happy to meet with you personally and I
get to know you better. I am looking forward to our meeting and
I also would like to invite you to visit Ukraine and come to the
city bf Kyiv which is a beautiful city. We have a beautiful
country Which would welcome you. On the other hand, I believe
that on September l we will be in Poland and we can meet in
Poland hopefully. After that, it might be a very good idea for
you to travel to Ukraine. We can either take my plane and go to
Ukraine or we can take your plane, which is probably much better
than mine.

The President: Okay, we can work that out. I look forward
to seeing you in Washington and maybe in Poland because I think
we are going to be there at that time.

President · Zelenskyy: Thank you very much Mr. President.

The President: Congratulations on a fantastic job you've
done. The whole world was watching. I'm not sure it was so much
of an upset but congratulations.

President Zelenskyy: Thank you Mr. President bye bye .
Well that settles it, Nancy couldn't find it either...Case dismissed!
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 12-20-2019
MAL MAL is offline
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Impeached president Donald Trump, who was just impeached and will always be remembered as having been impeached, may have to wait on his impeachment removal trial until the Senate provides better impeachment removal procedures and allows the Democratic impeachment hearing managers the right to call impeachment witnesses like Rudy "Impeachment" Giuliani, John "Impeachment" Bolton and Mick "Get over impeachment" Mulvaney.

Again, Republicans are out-smarted by Nancy Pelosi.

Moreover, this gives additional time (1) for impeached president Donald Trump to screw something up, which you know the impeached president will, (2) for impeachment witnesses to be ordered to appear by a court at the impeachment removal trial, (3) for Senate Republicans to have more of their primary deadlines pass so they can look at impeachment removal with less cowardly fear in their eyes, (4) for Giuliani to admit to more impeachment evidence, and (5) for other impeachment evidence to surface for the impeachment removal trial.

Nancy just needed some time to let he pants dry out because her Depends leaked when she realized what just happened.

Why would you need more time? Why would you need Trump to "screw something up"? If the case was made and the vote was called by the political genius(Nancy) from the city that cant teach humans to poop in a toilet...why do you need more time and evidence? The answer is obvious...there is no crime other than he beat Hillary. Schiff suckered her into ending her reign as Speaker. Time is not your friend...You have several top contenders for the Democrat nomination that will miss the Iowa Caucus and possibly New Hampshire and beyond, because they will be stuck in the Senate listening to testimony. You don't have enough time to pull this off. You have 1 month to convince 20 Republican Senators to commit Political suicide...Good luck.

With this post you have basically confirmed that you don't care if Trump has committed an Impeachable offence or not...You just want him gone at any cost. I think you would trade the House and 10 seats in the Senate for Trumps head so you could mount it on your wall.

I am not so sure that a court would allow her to call anymore witnesses after this stunt, but who knows.

The only way that you will get enough votes to convict is if an asteroid lands on the Republican side of the Senate and takes out half of them.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 12-20-2019
oldpioneer oldpioneer is online now
Olympian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,104
Why not just released the perfect phone call.? And stop impeding White House staffers from testify?
__________________
Always support your local wrestling tournament concession stands!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.