Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Non-Wrestling > Non-Wrestling Talk

Old 12-23-2019
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
Speaker Pelosi held up on sending over the marked up Impeachment to the Senate. She also held up naming House Managers (prosecutors) for the Senate trial.

Why?

A number of reasons. One reason was that McConnell and Graham are so stupid and craven they publicly telegraphed their intentions of having a sham trial in the Senate.

Another reason: New evidence. A document released today indicates:

Republicans will look real bad if they have a sham trial. 74% of Americans want a full trial with witnesses and documents. New polling shows that now 52% want Trump removed. Like me, they've seen enough. Of course, a full and complete trial will show impeached president Trump's guilt to the world. In prime time.
LOL....funny because a Rasmussen Poll said the exact OPPOSITE of the poll you're quoting!! Let's see...a sham trial...you mean as opposed to the sham impeachment??? First off, Obstruction of Congress...a president actually has a right to ignore Congress under Executive Privilege, part of the checks and balances in the 3 branches. Next, Abuse of Power...LMAO!!! Seriously? After the BS the Obama Administration pulled and is FINALLY being exposed, this is a joke. Investigation of the Bidens and Ukraine? I would say given the $$$$$ the US sends to Ukraine Trump had EVERY right to call for an investigation into the corruption in that country and Giuliani on his last trip uncovered a money laundering scheme that ALSO involved Joe Biden! We already KNOW that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election targeting the Trump campaign...oh yea, Manafort charges/double jeopardy dismissed...HEY Leshencko and Sytnyk...FAIL...LMAO!!! Former Ambassador Jovanovitch was right smack in the middle of it and there is proof of her involvement in the corruption!! So PLEASE let's have a trail and then I will sit back and laugh my *** off when it blows up in the Democrats face, and Pelosi and Schiff can bang their gavels all they want!!

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."
Old 12-23-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
We already KNOW that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election targeting the Trump campaign...

oh yea, Manafort charges/double jeopardy dismissed...
Why is that Trump does not believe the US intelligence service, but believe Putin. Its possible, but more likely more to do due with his loan backers.

Manafort doesn't get any time off his 7 1/2 year sentence for that. (nor to the other 6 Trump associates.) Everyone gets the state charges dropped when you have been convicted for the same Fed charges - that is not a big deal or clear him of anything. Its normal procedure. Its ironic that a campaign that campaigned on sending Clinton to jail has sent so many people to jail. Trump is a billionaire, couldn't he vet those people? The Dems are dirty too, but not sloppy enough to send 7 and counting people to jail. Some of which Trump was a named co-conspirator but I think in the US it would be very hard to send a billionaire to jail, unless unfortunately you shoot an Olympic Wrestler.

John du Pont - On February 25, 1997, was convicted of murder in the third degree for the January 26, 1996, shooting death of Dave Schultz, an Olympic champion freestyle wrestler living and working on du Pont's estate. He was ruled to have been mentally ill but not insane and was sentenced to prison for 13 to 30 years. He died in prison at age 72 on December 9, 2010.

He was the only member of the Forbes 400 richest Americans ever to be convicted of murder. - Is Trump in the top 400? He has lost 38 lawsuits for fraud and other issues but never sniffed jail. Its very hard to put the rich in jail. I wonder how many relatives of top 400 have even gone to jail though? The chanting at the seemingly impartial baseball game seemed shock people a bit, if anybody knew they likely would not have gone. Trump is a decent president at times, its a shame he acts so weird - he is attacking wind turbines again today for cancer or whatever. As he said, he could shoot somebody and get away with it - he really said that.

Last edited by Blonjuan44; 12-23-2019 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonjuan44 View Post
Why is that Trump does not believe the US intelligence service, but believe Putin. Its possible, but more likely more to do due with his loan backers.
Can you find the footage of this Putin thing? I have never seen it. From memory I think Trump was at a presser with Putin when a reporter asked him a gotcha question. Correct me if I am wrong.

As to why he doesn't trust the FBI and the CIA...Think about it. They used a fictitious dossier that they knew was a fraud to open an investigation into his campaign. They lied on a FISA application for the same purpose. The so called whistleblower was a CIA agent. Comey knew when he briefed Trump about the dossier that it was "salatious and unverified"...when Comey left the White House he declared "mission accomplished", because now the dossier was a news story. Brennan at the CIA lied to congress about not using the Dossier. Peter Strzok and Lisa Page had an insurance policy just in case Trump won. Can you see a pattern here? Right or wrong the FBI and the CIA are giving Trump an anal exam like no other President has ever seen.

The only reason that anybody around Trump has gone to jail is because they are after Trump...Manafort was previously cleared of wrong doing...something changed their mind about charging him. The FBI said that they did not think Flynn lied to them...but he was charged anyway. Carter Page was a CIA source, but the FBI went after him anyway. There were no crimes related to the Russian collusion investigation...only process crimes that happened during the investigation. If these people would have never went to work for Trump, they would have never been targeted by the FBI...that is because Trump is the target. I think Flynn and Papadopoulos will get heir convictions overturned based on what Horowitz uncovered in the IG Report.

Don't forget, Durham is conducting a criminal investigation as we speak.
Old 12-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
You posted mostly false and outdated information:

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...n-uranium-rus/
Did you notice the initials NYT after every event on the timeline? It stands for New York Times...if you can't trust the New York Times who can you trust?
Old 12-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmaggot View Post
How many lies would Trump tell in 10 minutes of testimony? He is terrified to testify. He will never let anyone close to him testify. The day after he is out of office, he will be arrested and spend many years in prison for tax fraud and as the obvious unindicted co-conspirator in several convictions already doled out to his buddies.

CAN"T WAIT!
Trump will never testify...Nancy may never send the articles to the Senate, but she will resume investigating and try to find more articles to charge him with. As it sits now Nancy has lost her gavel, but she is still hoping to find it somewhere up inside Trumps anal cavity.
Old 12-24-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckbln View Post
First off, Obstruction of Congress...a president actually has a right to ignore Congress under Executive Privilege, part of the checks and balances in the 3 branches.

You are ignorant about the topics you write about, and yet you sound so sure of yourself. That's a dangerous combination. I want to give you a lesson here, my friend, dealing with Executive Privilege. Here's what I'm asking you to do:

1. Take a nap.

2. After nappy-nap time, look up the phrase "Executive Privilege" at Wikipedia. Read it until you understand it.

3. Then, go to this link and see how an actual Federal Judge applies the actual law regarding Executive Privilege as claimed by actual former Trump (Impeached) White House Counsel Don McGahn.

Quote:
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

-- WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS
Old 12-24-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
You are ignorant about the topics you write about, and yet you sound so sure of yourself. That's a dangerous combination. I want to give you a lesson here, my friend, dealing with Executive Privilege. Here's what I'm asking you to do:

1. Take a nap.

2. After nappy-nap time, look up the phrase "Executive Privilege" at Wikipedia. Read it until you understand it.

3. Then, go to this link and see how an actual Federal Judge applies the actual law regarding Executive Privilege as claimed by actual former Trump (Impeached) White House Counsel Don McGahn.
Chief, you've gone from a cutesy (but embarrassing) annoyance who we giggled at to a disrespectful twhat in short order.

I read this today: Trump is like the new boss at a company where the employees have been stealing for years and want to keep on doing so.

That's all this is and all it's going to be no matter how many photoshops you come up with. Tell me I'm wrong?

Suggesting someone go look for definitive answers at Wikipedia and expecting to still be taken seriously is your best spoof yet.
Old 12-24-2019

Democrats need to keep in mind that there is no shame in losing the vote to remove the president--especially if they believe that the process was the moral/patriotic thing to do. Remember that no president in the nation’s history has ever been convicted by the U.S. Senate via the impeachment process. It was always going to be an uphill climb. The two-thirds (supermajority) threshold makes it virtually impossible to remove a sitting president under any condition. The devil himself might escape removal under the system set up by the framers. That’s just the way it is.

Donald Trump and his supporters will declare victory (as they have a right to do), but history will be the ultimate arbiter of whether impeachment was warranted. History might show that this action was justified and patriotic, despite the political cost. May the best man win (so to speak) when it comes to the ultimate judgement of time.

Also, losing the impeachment vote might be more politically beneficial for Democrats than anyone realizes. The Trump base will be overjoyed and geared up to steamroll the 2020 election. The powerlifters in my gym, for example, were crowing this morning about the upcoming 2020 Trump landslide (and one of them declared that he would punch out Nancy Pelosi’s teeth). That kind of energy is useful for the Democrats because it invokes pure, cold existential fear in their base and places them in the role massive underdog—a position which can be a useful eleven months before an election. The goal for the Trump Party is to permanently marginalize the Democratic Party, and the attitudes shown by the Trump Party's representatives during the impeachment process has made that crystal clear. Nothing is more motivating than fighting for your very existence, and that is precisely where Democrats are at.

Trump supporters love their country and the flag, but they support an authoritarian/strong man style of governance based on the rallying cries of “Shut up” and “Get over it” and “Lock them up” and “Knock out her teeth” and “Enemies of the people” and “Alternative facts” and “The powers of the president will not be questioned.” Those words don’t resemble the America that I love. No reports, commentary, or Youtube videos can convince me that “Shut up” and “Get over it” and “Lock them up” and “Knock out her teeth” and “Enemies of the people” and “Alternative facts” and “The powers of the president will not be questioned” are a healthy route for our country. No nation in history has thrived under the politics of grievance, getting even, demonizing political enemies, authoritarianism, and the will of the strong man. I would urge my fellow Americans this holiday season to search their souls, not their Youtube or Facebook accounts for the answers.
Old 12-24-2019
Olympian

To the left, and to the right. Merry Christmas everyone.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=aNkTRkkLVjU
Old 12-25-2019
Sergeant Major

Send a message via MSN to mckbln
Quote:

1. Take a nap.

Sigh, you really need to do a bit more research before you once again embarrass yourself with blatantly ignorant posts...but you won't...ever...oh yea...and several presidents have used it in the past...
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...hment-inquiry/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6i...g&index=4&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFL0...3kokLg&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLpL...3kokLg&index=8

Of course all of this is a moot point considering that this "impeachment" was a joke from the start, and he will be acquitted in the Senate. On the other hand, there are 8 criminal indictments of officials involved in the FISA and Mueller investigation. Now, go in the corner for your "time out".

"On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..."

Last edited by mckbln; 12-25-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links