Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 12-30-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazymoney View Post
Regardless of some of my posts or the result of the match I still feel your son, not you so no we, is pound for pound one of the very best we have in this state and I really want him to continue to do great things. But even the very best can be off and lose a match. Other people keep clamoring how it would be different if your son wasn't giving up so much weight. Caves weighed in at 204 I believe. I wish y'all nothing but the best, but when a kid wrestled out of his mind for 6 minutes and is not given the win he deserves that is where I have a problem. Not with you, your son, coaches or fans. We always try to teach you only ndeserve what you earn. To tell a 16 year old act like it is no big deal when he just beat the kid who pinned him in the finals not to get pumped up, even when the two time champ admitted defeat and wouldn't engage, is like saying act lifke you've been there when you win the lottery. Ya know what, Caves has never been there and if they wrestle 10 times he might win one, and that was it. I will continue to root for your son as he seems to be every bit a person as he is wrestler.
Thanks. Great post. Wish I could like it. Feel like in Step Brothers when the two say did we just become best friends. Maybe we can workout some training together. Otherwise good luck.
Old 12-30-2019
Olympian

WOW....Hoselton has the nuts to wrestle up and loses what i would say was a fairly good match . Didn't see any excuses posted by him, his folks, or his teammates, and all he gets is ridiculed...what the heck is wrong with all you asshats ? Then Jezik wrestles.... up.????...( +/- 8 lb.)( and is wrestling that weight anyway), and loses to Hoselton....and.....hoselton should have won by more????. I'm not quite sure whose wheaties hoselton pissed in to be getting it on both sides of the ....didn't win by enough/ shouldn't have lost to...coin, but
apparently you all need to watch your wheaties closer
Old 12-30-2019
eazymoney

Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
Thanks. Great post. Wish I could like it. Feel like in Step Brothers when the two say did we just become best friends. Maybe we can workout some training together. Otherwise good luck.
Nothing but respect for your son, you and the entire PC community. Perhaps we can get a "coffee" at state.
Old 12-30-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
I am Brandonís father. He broke his thumb in football week 4/5. So he has been limited in live goes to little or none. You canít do anything in February if your out for the state series. We will be ready and in SHAPE when it counts. Why is everyone so worried about Brandon ? Lol. He wrestled up to a stud. There is more to the story but itís wrestling. Lazy lol. And didnít they wrestle ??

Jesic is a d1 stud too.

If this is based off of a match this weekend, you should do your homework.

If he was lazy he takes the forfeit at 195 lbs. He doesnít go wrestle a 220 lbs tank. With nothing to gain.

Another Coal City guy, that was hard to figure out.
Another Coal City guy? Donít know how this subject is even mentioning Jezik. Most CC guys I know are pretty good wrestling fans
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazymoney View Post
Regardless of some of my posts or the result of the match I still feel your son, not you so no we, is pound for pound one of the very best we have in this state and I really want him to continue to do great things. But even the very best can be off and lose a match. Other people keep clamoring how it would be different if your son wasn't giving up so much weight. Caves weighed in at 204 I believe. I wish y'all nothing but the best, but when a kid wrestled out of his mind for 6 minutes and is not given the win he deserves that is where I have a problem. Not with you, your son, coaches or fans. We always try to teach you only ndeserve what you earn. To tell a 16 year old act like it is no big deal when he just beat the kid who pinned him in the finals not to get pumped up, even when the two time champ admitted defeat and wouldn't engage, is like saying act like you've been there when you win the lottery. Ya know what, Caves has never been there and if they wrestle 10 times he might win one, and that was it. I will continue to root for your son as he seems to be every bit a person as he is wrestler.
Wrestling is about discipline. If a wrestler behaves like that during a match, he deserves what he gets. Its in the rules, and the ref penalized him. Caves still had the opportunity to win in OT. Hoselton pulled it out. This will make Caves a better wrestler in the long run. He is one tough kid. We cant pick and choose what rules to follow and which ones to overlook. Caves has been to the STATE finals. Id say he has been there before. Taunting cant be tolerated.
Old 12-31-2019
Olympian

This whole thread is funny.

Hoselton bumps up at a dual to wrestle the #1 ranked 220' and he's catching heat? It's comical. So he should have lost the match, he still wrestled in it. Caves caused the OT by his own actions. You want to celebrate your victory, wait until the match is over.

As for Jezik, he did not bump up to wrestle Hoselton, he weighed in at the same weight class. Great kid, great wrestler. Didn't hear anyone question Hoselton's "tank" after that match.

While Doug maybe a magnet for some good ol'e trolling, his kid shouldn't be.
Old 12-31-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TappedOut View Post
This whole thread is funny.

While Doug maybe a magnet for some good ol'e trolling, his kid shouldn't be.
Thatís the biggest issue with this whole thing. A bunch of grown men attacking kids like the world depends on it.
Old 01-01-2020
Olympian

I really don't think any of the kids were attacked. I don't think anything said was too out of line. Great matches. Great Prep for the big show. I think this board has sucked for a few years. I am glad that a match finally brought out a few people to post and talk about it! Best of luck the rest of the season to everyone. Happy New year!
Old 01-01-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulach View Post
It was a good match! The kid beat another good kid.

I see hard work paying off for the boy and he expressed that.

Head up..
The match was decent at best. I believe your opinion is slightly false.
Old 01-02-2020
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired wrestler View Post
The match was decent at best. I believe your opinion is slightly false.
There is no such thing as a false OPINION...please don't be so shallow.
Sponsored Links