Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 01-16-2020

Crystal clearly your best "guestimations" are way off. Btw- Roberts dominated Lopez @ Dvorak- or did you miss that match? Several matches via live stream @Dekalb were not as close as the scores appear. Lots of missed pins, due to lack of good officiating. Please come out Saturday @BTS and see things for yourself, it will make your "guestimations" a whole lot easier for you.
Old 01-16-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suidecradle View Post
Crystal clearly your best "guestimations" are way off. Btw- Roberts dominated Lopez @ Dvorak- or did you miss that match? Several matches via live stream @Dekalb were not as close as the scores appear. Lots of missed pins, due to lack of good officiating. Please come out Saturday @BTS and see things for yourself, it will make your "guestimations" a whole lot easier for you.
I apologize (for you) if you took my guesstimate as gospel.

Yes, I did miss the Roberts-Lopez match at Dvorak.

I will not apologize for officiating, there are others who do that.

I was going by the results given, the rankings posted by those who have more knowledge/opinion of these wrestlers than me (and many on Matmen respect), and what I was able to get from Track/Matmen in a short glance, not what "could have" or "should have" happened if the ref was good.

I apologize (for you) if you think that I was slamming Montini, I wasn't.
- I thought I said that they were one of the best teams in the country. (Maybe that part was deleted....)

I apologize (for you) if you took offense to what I said regarding the "best case scenarios" (those are purely hypothetical) .

I apologize (for you) if you couldn't read that I said Montini likely wins by 10-15 (or more) even if Dekalb had their full lineup.

I apologize (for you) if you cannot accept that what I said was just my opinion.

Good luck to your Broncos and your kid the rest of the season.

BTW, if I am able to go to OPRF I will.
Looks like it will be a preview of the NCAA's in a few years.

I especially would like to see which team will be the champions of that tournament....
Old 01-16-2020
Varsity

Montini is very good, but when they can get some guys to place at the Ironman or Doc B lets hold off how great they are.

Everyone knows Izzy can get his teams ready to beat or outmatch other teams in duals, let us start holding the Montini team up against big-time national tournaments.

How many montini kids have been AA in college?

This post is 100% to stir the pot, who wants to eat...

Cliff
Old 01-16-2020
Olympian

Very impressed by freshman, 132 Ethan Stiles, and 160 Brayden Thompson.
Old 01-16-2020
Varsity

I think Real Woods will be Izzy's first AA this year. If Assad AAs, does he get partial credit for that?
Old 01-16-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulach View Post
Montini is very good, but when they can get some guys to place at the Ironman or Doc B lets hold off how great they are.

Everyone knows Izzy can get his teams ready to beat or outmatch other teams in duals, let us start holding the Montini team up against big-time national tournaments.

How many montini kids have been AA in college?

This post is 100% to stir the pot, who wants to eat...

Cliff
You should check your stats... this year Montini had several place at Ironman. Last year Jake Stiles went undefeated in the season, won Ironman and Won Doc B. They had maybe 8 place at Doc B this year and Dylan Ragusin won Doc B. And how many multiple AAs have come from any IL high schools? And how is it a knock on any HS, since once they move on to college, the college needs to develop them in AA.
Old 01-17-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8303 View Post
You should check your stats... this year Montini had several place at Ironman. Last year Jake Stiles went undefeated in the season, won Ironman and Won Doc B. They had maybe 8 place at Doc B this year and Dylan Ragusin won Doc B. And how many multiple AAs have come from any IL high schools? And how is it a knock on any HS, since once they move on to college, the college needs to develop them in AA.
I stopped paying attention to goolash. Yeah let's judge a coach by what his team does when he's not coaching them anymore! Makes complete sense.

Idiot
Old 01-17-2020
Varsity

Montini did not wrestle well at the 2019 Ironman. They only had 3 kids' place. But when you look at Montini guys ranked in Illinois they basically have there who team ranked in the top 8 in 3A..

There is a HUGE disparity when it comes to Illinois studs and national studs. And Montini, in my opinion, is not cutting it in big national tournaments. How are we having the number 1 ranked kid in a weight class in Illinois be he can’t even place at the Ironman? And the Ironman did not even have any west coast hammers.

I want Montini the dominate on the national level. Frankly, Illinois wrestling is way way down and you can see that from the data/results.

Duals are fun and awesome, but let me see how tough you are when you go through a tough bracket at a national tournament. There has to some type of correlation between placing at the ironman and becoming an AA in college?

I do enjoy hearing your perspective...

Hips
Old 01-17-2020
hawkeye 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8303 View Post
Actually if I remember correctly stiles did not attend the Ironman that year.
Old 01-18-2020
Olympian

Send a message via AIM to Radical
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulach View Post
Montini did not wrestle well at the 2019 Ironman. They only had 3 kids' place. But when you look at Montini guys ranked in Illinois they basically have there who team ranked in the top 8 in 3A..

There is a HUGE disparity when it comes to Illinois studs and national studs. And Montini, in my opinion, is not cutting it in big national tournaments. How are we having the number 1 ranked kid in a weight class in Illinois be he canít even place at the Ironman? And the Ironman did not even have any west coast hammers.

I want Montini the dominate on the national level. Frankly, Illinois wrestling is way way down and you can see that from the data/results.

Duals are fun and awesome, but let me see how tough you are when you go through a tough bracket at a national tournament. There has to some type of correlation between placing at the ironman and becoming an AA in college?

I do enjoy hearing your perspective...

Hips

Montini finished 5th at the 2019 Ironman, 2nd at the Doc B. That is quite impressive considering these are two of the top HS tournaments in the country, Ironman probably being the toughest. Additionally, Montini dualed Buchanan who was no. 3 at the time and beat them. They also beat DCC who was then ranked 3. Montini goes to these tournaments and duals seeking high level competition. It was only two years ago, mid-season they scheduled duals against Bergen Catholic and Wyoming Seminary in Pennsylvania. Their schedule makes it exceedingly difficult to have an undefeated season. They clearly have the toughest schedule in the state year after year. The only other teams that are even close to having a similar strength of schedule are MTC and OPRF. But when on top everyone wants a shot at you, at least verbally. Carry on Bronco Nation!!!
Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting. George Orwell, Shooting an Elephant, "The Sporting Spirit", 1950
Sponsored Links