Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 12-17-2019
Varsity

Bob Jahn

These are the teams listed for Bob Jahn. If you feel your team should be on this list and isnt, please contact Elias Medina at 630-728-8809 or email at jrraiderswrestling@yahoo.com.

Arlington
Badger wc
Bolingbrook
Bulldog premier
Burbank Rams
Celtics
Crystal Lake Wizards
DAWC
Elevate
Evergreen Park
Evolution
Force elite
Fox Valley
Frankfurt Gladiators
GGT
Golden Eagles
Hinsdale
Hononegah
Indians Elite
Izzy
Joliet area Wc
LP
Lemont
Lockport
LWWC
Mustangs
Naperville WC
Nwo
Oak forest
Panther
Redhawks
Pontiac
PwC
Region
Saulk Valley
SCN
Scorpion
SOTC
Southside outlaws
St. Charles Wc
Storm
Tiger wc
Tinley park
Titan 2028
Tomcats
Tossemup
Unity
Vittum/skt
WCW
Wrestling Factory (poeta)
Yorkville

Thank you and good luck to everyone
Old 01-07-2020
Varsity

Friendly reminder to all clubs, coaches, and parents tending this weekend, this is a split session event. Tots, bantams, and novices 8am sharp. Intermediates at 11am. Seniors at noon.

Thank you and good luck to everyone
Old 01-12-2020
Varsity

On behalf of the Bolingbrook Jr Raiders, we want to thank all the clubs and families who tended the Bob Jahn Memorial this weekend. We hope everyone enjoyed the event. Good luck to everyone the rest of the season.
Old 01-12-2020
Varsity

Great event. Ran awesome. Ambrose and crew nailed it again as always. Love coming to this his tournament.
Only one suggestion going forward. Maybe make the spreads a little smaller.
Some of the weight class spreads were pretty darn big. Quite a few pushed the 10% limit rule to the limit. They were especially large spreads for phone-in weigh-ins. We all know some people lie. Unfortunately. I know you guys do a great job pairing better kids together, but some kids were noticeably bigger for the weight spread they were in. Just some food for thought going forward. Thanks again for putting on a great overall tourney.
Old 01-12-2020
Junior Varsity

Let's see....one kid a few weeks ago wrestled 42lbs and today mysteriously wrestled 56.8. And there were kids wrestling at a lighter weight this year than last years "offical weigh-in". I'm a big fan of tournament day weigh-ins.
Old 01-12-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormrChamp View Post
Let's see....one kid a few weeks ago wrestled 42lbs and today mysteriously wrestled 56.8. And there were kids wrestling at a lighter weight this year than last years "offical weigh-in". I'm a big fan of tournament day weigh-ins.
Call in weights are a joke.
Nice for the parents, not having to get up (a half hour earlier) to go weigh your kid in...

Nice for the tournament workers, not having to be in weigh-ins for (what seems like) forever.....

Nice for the cheaters, who feel like a win (for your kid) over a lighter kid (in a youth tournament) is what it's really all about.....

Call in weights make it easier for the tournament directors, especially when using Track, just enter/delete the scratches and it spits out the brackets....

John does run a good tournament, no argument there (except when there is a Track/internet issue), but no morning weigh in is one thing that makes it easier.

For everyone..... (except the "lighter" kids)
Old 01-12-2020
Junior Varsity

No Weigh ins, No Skin Check, No Nails Check

Great tournament, great competition, Great job Elias and crew!
I have to say the lack of weigh ins bothers me as well. People lying about their kid's weight sucks, but what about skin checks? No one has checked skin or nails so far this year other than Tholl and Winter Nationals. Several of my wrestlers were covered in scratches after today, and a few of those scratches might turn into ring worm. If I don't catch it at practice, no one will catch it at weigh ins, because there aren't any. This is a health issue. I will be contacting the IKWF office tomorrow, and if you have an issue with any of this, I suggest you do the same.
Old 01-13-2020
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAK & BCK View Post
Great tournament, great competition, Great job Elias and crew!
I have to say the lack of weigh ins bothers me as well. People lying about their kid's weight sucks, but what about skin checks? No one has checked skin or nails so far this year other than Tholl and Winter Nationals. Several of my wrestlers were covered in scratches after today, and a few of those scratches might turn into ring worm. If I don't catch it at practice, no one will catch it at weigh ins, because there aren't any. This is a health issue. I will be contacting the IKWF office tomorrow, and if you have an issue with any of this, I suggest you do the same.
I have been to plenty of call-in-weight tournaments, and all (that I have seen) have had skin and nail checks when the kids check in, however cursory they may have been, but at least there was an effort.

To not have a skin and nail check is going to unnecessarily put too many kids at risk.
For what? Convenience? Ease of operation? Expediency?

No, it's laziness.

The referee is the ultimate judge, yes, but we have all seen refs who are overworked and may overlook or just not see something.
They won't notice the nails until a kid gets scratched, by then it's too late.
Old 01-13-2020
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly View Post
I have been to plenty of call-in-weight tournaments, and all (that I have seen) have had skin and nail checks when the kids check in, however cursory they may have been, but at least there was an effort.

To not have a skin and nail check is going to unnecessarily put too many kids at risk.
For what? Convenience? Ease of operation? Expediency?

No, it's laziness.

The referee is the ultimate judge, yes, but we have all seen refs who are overworked and may overlook or just not see something.
They won't notice the nails until a kid gets scratched, by then it's too late.

Hey Moms & Dads. How about a little integrity? I have an 8th grader and I make him cut his nails prior to any tournament. I look at his skin regularly to make sure he doesnít have any issues.

You talk about laziness letís start with the laziness of parents. Little Johnny can take a week off to get some cream to kill the ringworm.

Take some responsibility and pride in yourself. So glad this is my last year in this clown show.
Old 01-13-2020
Junior Varsity

[QUOTE=Vlis;559287]Well said. Compound that statement with clubs that lack integrity and respect for others that want to cheat with call in weights with also blaming the parents along with the club. It's hard to believe theres a single parent who has a child who wrestles that doesnt know their wrestlers weight.

Someone said on this thread that a child weighed 42lb then a few weeks later 56lb. If you cant tell the difference in those 2 weights, you are a fool and you couldve contested that the moment that 56lb toes the line vs your 42lb. I blame parents along with clubs who cheat on weights. Call in weights are convenient and save a lot of time. Getting to tournaments 2 hours before wrestling sucks for parents and kids.

Simple solution is if you doubt a kid is within a certain amount of lbs from little johnny at some tournament in bfe, contest it. A kid weighing 3+lb more than another at older ages and heavier weights is irrelevant, at 40-70lb I get it. But again, parents are accountable as much as the club for calling in bs weights. Any respectful parent knows if their kid is heavier than the weight claimed but unlikely they are going to correct it. For nails, parents should be checking their own kid. Been to plenty of tournaments that do skin and nail checks and guess what, my kid still gets scratched up. It happens.

People are so quick to blame others before taking some responsibility and accountability for their own

The weight difference was brought to the table matside. The ref and table workers both said " well they both have the same letter written on their hand". Are we supposed to bring a scale with us to each match ? Bottom line is it's bullsh*t. And that's on the club, not the parents.
Sponsored Links