Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > Illinois Matmen News > Shannon's Blog

Old 04-18-2008
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARR View Post
I am just curious if either one of you, Jag or adgfan, tried to get the papers to run a story about the FS title too or was it just for the Greco. If I am not mistaken last year was the first time ever that a State claimed the title in both styles. I doubt it would have made a difference and I am not trying to start a FS/Greco debate, I am just curious.
I did a write up on the whole thing, Cadet, Junior, Freestyle and Greco. I included references and details on all the wrestlers in the readership area, and I emphasized that no state has ever accomplished that level of success in the history of the national dual meet tournament - they did not even respond!
Old 04-18-2008
Hail to the Victors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I did a write up on the whole thing, Cadet, Junior, Freestyle and Greco. I included references and details on all the wrestlers in the readership area, and I emphasized that no state has ever accomplished that level of success in the history of the national dual meet tournament - they did not even respond!
Wow, that is just ridiculous.
Old 04-18-2008
Return to Glory!

Question

As is the consensus with the rest of the posters on this thread, I too would be very willing to pay for a premium section to be added to this site. I am slightly disturbed though that there are currently 25% of the voters who would not. I realize it is early on in the voting process, but this makes no sense to me.

We are talking about initial figures of anywhere from $10-$30 per YEAR for this increased, premium type of coverage that is completely optional to subscribe to WITHOUT affecting the non subscribing members capacity and privelages whatsoever. How many people who would say no to this are spending twice to three times as much for add-ons alone to their cellular phone coverage for example?

The decision to support something like this is an absolute no brainer for anyone who truly wants to be a part of IM becoming a major player in the national wrestling arena (just like the Illinois wrestlers are becoming ) I hope that as the votes continue to come in we will see a decided increase in support for this effort. I personally believe it would be worth even more than these original figures if it done properly, and as the track record shows, this site definately knows how to get things done!
Old 04-18-2008
Varsity

I dont think people understand the exstensive coverage they would be getting. Doesn't anybody hate it when you come on here looking for results and they aren't posted til the next day, and with little detail at that. Come on 30 dollars a YEAR. Thats nothing. Count me in!