Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 04-08-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3count View Post
I guess 2 things took place yesterday. 2 questions or topics were asked or mentioned and both were emphatically answered in very similar fashion. The debate over IK VS IE best. Then the exclamation point on the debate w/ 2 well known kids that are both very good but on different levels. I believe someone previously mentioned spacht would handle davino. I dont think what happened yesterday was the handling people were insinuating.

I guess thats why when some people have the option to do either IK or IE, easy route is just that, the easy route.

I wish you had the opportunity to know Ethan. We are very proud of his success, but most proud of how he treats people, carries himself loves his teammates/coaches, and genuine love of the sport. He never wants it to be about him and he loves supporting the success of others around him. I think if you knew him you wouldn't try to send that dart at him. If you are trying to prove something, I think you only achieved hurting a kids feelings. That was quickly sent to him and it made him feel even worse. Kids will have bad days, and in saying that he has a great chance of losing to him at his best. Huge shout out to Devino. Always watched him tear through brackets and be one of the elites of Illinois. The kid was nothing but classy, and from all accounts that is how the family is and a credit to them for raising such a great young man that also excels on the mat. I don't believe Ethan was good all weekend. If he wrestled the way he did this weekend he does not win at Tholl, Midwest, or his 4th state title. That is not taking anything away from Devino's impressive performance. We are talking about kids when it comes down to it and bottom line they are kids that will not always live up to expectations given to them.

I was sad to see you take a jab at a kid, but it bothered me most insinuating Ethan took the easy rout.

1. Ethan does not cut weight and where he is naturally is under 80. (Yes going to be character building year next year if he doesn't grow.) Nothing we can do but allow mother nature to do her thing. He has mom's genes not mine.

2. It is a low and incorrect statement to imply he takes the easy rout. He has never run from or avoided the competition. We have always chased the loss. In the past 4 years at his weight wrestling in tournaments of the IKWF he has suffered a loss to only Seth Mendoza in Midwest Classic Finals and at Danville last year. He has won 3 Joe Tholl's, and 2 Midwest Classic's. Never cut to wrestle were he did. Beaten multiple placers, and eventual champions that year. There are plenty of better kids, but he has represented himself honorably and with integrity. Wrestled on some amazing dual teams, in which he always won over his teammates with his toughness and personality. No one that knows him or how he works would challenge that statement. His goal is beyond the win on the mat it's about chasing a better him. It's through tough competition, and losses that we are able to best evaluate what needs the work. Had we have won there would have been no post. We respect the sport and great kids like Devino.

3. We gave full support and understanding if they switch Ethan and Devino for next weekend at Heartland Duals. At the time Ethan was invited to represent IL under the IKWF no one had beaten him at his weight. We put the team always above ourselves.

I would ask you to find a moment to speak to Ethan at some tournament and just see how kind, and wonderful of a young man he is. I'm not sure that at his best he beats Devino, but I'm 100% sure with who Ethan is he will win you over.

Last edited by BC Knights 12; 04-08-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2019
Varsity

Bc knight, you don't need to explain yourself to these do-nothing, never-was's. Ethan and Austin are going to accomplish plenty of great things. This is the pinnacle for most these people. Props to all the parents who kids won IKWF stuff. Everyone knows those boys can scrap. It's those who comment on how what they accomplished was "easy" that never did anything. Nobody who slights their achievements did anything noteworthy in their lives. These are sad helicopter parents.
Old 04-08-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrossNoises View Post
Bc knight, you don't need to explain yourself to these do-nothing, never-was's. Ethan and Austin are going to accomplish plenty of great things. This is the pinnacle for most these people. Props to all the parents who kids won IKWF stuff. Everyone knows those boys can scrap. It's those who comment on how what they accomplished was "easy" that never did anything. Nobody who slights their achievements did anything noteworthy in their lives. These are sad helicopter parents.
Both great kids and great wrestlers. Spacht is definitely not on Davinos level. Not a knock on Ethan at all. He would definitely be a top 3 kid in IK.
Old 04-08-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo1 View Post
Both great kids and great wrestlers. Spacht is definitely not on Davinos level. Not a knock on Ethan at all. He would definitely be a top 3 kid in IK.

He definitely was not on that day. Gives Ethan another mountain to chase and hopefully we can wrestle him again soon. It will only make us better.
Old 04-11-2019
Varsity

It is not only unfortunate, but despicable that someone, especially an adult, would call out a kid on this or any forum.

If you have met Ethan or Austin you would never dream of speaking badly about them, they are respectful and polite young men who genuinely love wrestling.

I would hope that it wasn't an adult who would do that.
Sponsored Links