Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 1A

Old 01-08-2019
blasty

wrestling chatter

i want to apologize for the way i represented 1a this afternoon against Mt. Zion. in a match that i should have completely controlled and finished with a win, i wrestled below my ability and my effort was poor. Being ranked #1 in the state i feel i hold a standard for others and i didnít wrestle to them tonight.
-Micah Downs
Old 01-08-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdowns16 View Post
i want to apologize for the way i represented 1a this afternoon against Mt. Zion. in a match that i should have completely controlled and finished with a win, i wrestled below my ability and my effort was poor. Being ranked #1 in the state i feel i hold a standard for others and i didnít wrestle to them tonight.
-Micah Downs
Damn donít sweat it kid , Everyone has a bad day .those rankings donít mean anything, there someoneís opinion . The only thing thatís going to matter is what happens on a Saturday night in February !!!!!!👌
Old 01-08-2019
Varsity

Quote:
-Micah Downs
Donít over think this , your the one putting in all the hard work!!!
Old 01-13-2019
Junior Varsity

um....want to fill us in on what happened?
Old 01-13-2019
Olympian

Quote:
i want to apologize for the way i represented 1a this afternoon against Mt. Zion. in a match that i should have completely controlled and finished with a win, i wrestled below my ability and my effort was poor. Being ranked #1 in the state i feel i hold a standard for others and i didn’t wrestle to them tonight.
-Micah Downs
Whether or not you have something to apologize for, I give you all the respect for taking responsibility for what you believe is a performance that did not meet your standards. Yout parents clearly did a wonderful job at teaching you values and I am sure that they are very proud of you. Our world would be much better off if the adults held themselves to higher standards and had a willingness to admit to their mistakes and flaws. I will be looking forward to seeing you at the state championships in Champaign, where I am sure you will make yourself and your family proud.

Last edited by Mainefan; 01-13-2019 at 02:45 PM. Reason: addition
Sponsored Links