Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 11-23-2019
Stay off the head

So says the guy responding to all my posts on that very Saturday, I think the kids call that "thirsty"
Old 11-24-2019
Double stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by pin2win171 View Post
Ok tell that to college basketball and football. The “let the wrestling determine the rankings” people are the worst. And believe me, the kids love the rankings just as much as the parents...
I agree with you here.

Everybody knows the actual competition is all that matters. People don't seem to understand the rankings, the chatter, the websites, the fan rumors. All that is what creates the atmosphere and makes it fun!
Old 11-24-2019
Varsity

I Agree with that it is a forum builder for conversation. But I don't think individual rankings should come out till after they determine what weights they are wrestling and after they have wrestled some matches. Begining of January.
Old 11-24-2019
Varsity

sooooooo…. What day are the rankings coming out? LOL... 106 will be the most enticing.
Old 11-25-2019
Junior Varsity

We should rank posters on this forum. I'll go first. I think I'm number one
Old 11-25-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Alex View Post
We should rank posters on this forum. I'll go first. I think I'm number one
I liked that. Gave me a good laugh. Need more of that in these forums.
Sorry GrossNoises, guessing you aren’t going to rank very high. Just call it a hunch. Going to give you some purely Gross advice, have a little respect for your wrestling elders. That last comment to Huff was a little much.

As for Huff, sorry my friend. As long as there has been forums, or the paper versions (the name of that escapes me at the moment), there has been rankings. Talks and chats about the rankings. Friendly arguments over the rankings, etc. It was a perfectly valid thing to ask and talk about on forums.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Excited for the season.
Old 11-25-2019

Iwcoa posted their individual preseason rankings today.
Old 11-26-2019
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingFan2k6 View Post
Iwcoa posted their individual preseason rankings today.
Weights and rankings are way off. Looks like he just threw something together to put out there.
Old 11-26-2019
Varsity

WOW! From the chatter about Montini coming into the 2019-2020 school year, hearing they were loaded up and down there lineup, and now looking at the individual rankings…. I see a few spots where the top teams in the country are scoring +6 easy.

My impression was that Montini was going to be able to hang with the Blairs, Wyoming Seminary and St. Eds of the world.

The crazy thing is Illinois/Montini has arguably one of the best high school wrestling coaches/staff in the country and we can’t get a team to compete with the Blairs, Wyoming Sem, and St. Eds is very disappointing in my opinion.

OPRF, MTC could be tough if they can get their line up right going into the state. A bump here and a cut there. IHSA wrestling is getting there.

YOGA
Old 11-26-2019
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulach View Post
WOW! From the chatter about Montini coming into the 2019-2020 school year, hearing they were loaded up and down there lineup, and now looking at the individual rankings…. I see a few spots where the top teams in the country are scoring +6 easy.

My impression was that Montini was going to be able to hang with the Blairs, Wyoming Seminary and St. Eds of the world.

The crazy thing is Illinois/Montini has arguably one of the best high school wrestling coaches/staff in the country and we can’t get a team to compete with the Blairs, Wyoming Sem, and St. Eds is very disappointing in my opinion.

OPRF, MTC could be tough if they can get their line up right going into the state. A bump here and a cut there. IHSA wrestling is getting there.

YOGA
Montini will.have a good Line up enough to win Illinois. But they don't even belong in the same sentence as Blair and Wyoming.
Sponsored Links