Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Doc b

Doc B.. What an awesome tournament! Tough kids that know how to wrestle. The quarter-finals matches were loaded, you better wrestle you best, because you're going to see a stud.

Montini has 106 in the semisÖ He beat a taller lanky kid from Oregon. This kid hand fight is good. Was down 5-4 with 40 seconds in 2nd got a takedown and rode him out!

He is off to the semis vs a California kid who beat the #1 seed.

113 - Montini has a kid in the Consiís wrestling a kid from St. Eds to move on. It should be a good match and any time we can beat an Ohio kid is great!

120 - Montini kid lost to #1 seed from Selma who wrestled down from 126 who is committed to MSU. He goes up against another St. Eds kid in the Consiís!

126 - Could be an all Illinois final!! Montini has the number 1 seed and has looked the part. He has Chance Lamar - a kid who has been on every board since he was 7 I believe. It should be a great match.

126 - OPRF has a #3 kid going against Buchanaís # 2 Maximo Renteria again another awesome match. Rundell has been dominant pushing the pace and pinned his way to the semis.

132 - OPRF kid I would say didnít wrestle his best this weekend. Lost in the Consiís 8 (Where me being an Illinois guy) had a TD late in the 3rd but the ref didnít see it that way.

138 - Montini has a kid in the Consií8. He is really good at keeping matches close. Tough kid who beat a St.Edís kid to get into the Consiís 8. The kid did an awesome job riding him in the 2nd Period which I believe was the key to this win and TD with less than 45 seconds.

145 - Illinois didnít have a good showing so farÖ

Montini kid lost to Quarters to a Buchanan kid. California kid just as tough and might have wanted it more. Went into SV Buchana kid got a reversal with less than 5 seconds for the win.
FM goes up against the 2 seed from BC that should be a great match. The winner could see JO if he can get past his opponent.

OPRF kid lost in the round of 16 to a St.Eds kid. It wasnít even close! JO beat a kid from Clovis which was great come back win. Got 2 takedowns late in the 3rd for the win.

I would like to see more stalling on high school kids who hang onto a leg.

152 Montini has another kid in the Consi 8. He lost to the number 1 seed and who could be the best wrestler in the tournament who is also committed to MSU. Good for MSU bring these California kids to East Lansing.

160 - Nothing for Illinois, but the match I want to see is St. Eds vs Don Bosco in the finals. PG is an absolute stud, but that Valencia boy is nobody either. PG I can see him being a 4x AA in college. Just anther hammer from that ridiculous program! Has TF everyone so far.

170 - Nothing for Illinois

182. Both Illinois guys lost in the quarters. Montini lost late, and the OPRF match wasnít even close. the kid from CO was a heck of wrestler. The kid is built like a tank! DL seemed to have a head injury and Med F his Consi match. CO kid Reminded me of Patrick Brucki when he was in High School. (when will CS be relevant again? Illinois needs them) He might take home the Cowboy Hat.

195 - OPRF DM took out the number 1 seed. Very weird match. OPRF took him down early and decided to go optional? ( I would like to know what mindset was) Both wrestlers had very good technique and some nice scrambles. Late in the 3rd the kid cut OPRF and took him down but OPRF never turned and faced his opponent but the ref award another 2 which made the match closer than it really was. OPRF in the semis has a tough kid from Clovis. Two different styles.

Montini has a kid in the Consiís. - havenít had a chance to watch his matches..

220 - Nothing for Illinois

285 - Montini has a kid in the consiís

Could this tournament be more competitive than our state championships?

Wrestle through positions
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulach View Post
Doc B.. What an awesome tournament! Tough kids that know how to wrestle. The quarter-finals matches were loaded, you better wrestle you best, because you're going to see a stud.

Montini has 106 in the semisÖ He beat a taller lanky kid from Oregon. This kid hand fight is good. Was down 5-4 with 40 seconds in 2nd got a takedown and rode him out!

He is off to the semis vs a California kid who beat the #1 seed.

113 - Montini has a kid in the Consiís wrestling a kid from St. Eds to move on. It should be a good match and any time we can beat an Ohio kid is great!

120 - Montini kid lost to #1 seed from Selma who wrestled down from 126 who is committed to MSU. He goes up against another St. Eds kid in the Consiís!

126 - Could be an all Illinois final!! Montini has the number 1 seed and has looked the part. He has Chance Lamar - a kid who has been on every board since he was 7 I believe. It should be a great match.

126 - OPRF has a #3 kid going against Buchanaís # 2 Maximo Renteria again another awesome match. Rundell has been dominant pushing the pace and pinned his way to the semis.

132 - OPRF kid I would say didnít wrestle his best this weekend. Lost in the Consiís 8 (Where me being an Illinois guy) had a TD late in the 3rd but the ref didnít see it that way.

138 - Montini has a kid in the Consií8. He is really good at keeping matches close. Tough kid who beat a St.Edís kid to get into the Consiís 8. The kid did an awesome job riding him in the 2nd Period which I believe was the key to this win and TD with less than 45 seconds.

145 - Illinois didnít have a good showing so farÖ

Montini kid lost to Quarters to a Buchanan kid. California kid just as tough and might have wanted it more. Went into SV Buchana kid got a reversal with less than 5 seconds for the win.
FM goes up against the 2 seed from BC that should be a great match. The winner could see JO if he can get past his opponent.

OPRF kid lost in the round of 16 to a St.Eds kid. It wasnít even close! JO beat a kid from Clovis which was great come back win. Got 2 takedowns late in the 3rd for the win.

I would like to see more stalling on high school kids who hang onto a leg.

152 Montini has another kid in the Consi 8. He lost to the number 1 seed and who could be the best wrestler in the tournament who is also committed to MSU. Good for MSU bring these California kids to East Lansing.

160 - Nothing for Illinois, but the match I want to see is St. Eds vs Don Bosco in the finals. PG is an absolute stud, but that Valencia boy is nobody either. PG I can see him being a 4x AA in college. Just anther hammer from that ridiculous program! Has TF everyone so far.

170 - Nothing for Illinois

182. Both Illinois guys lost in the quarters. Montini lost late, and the OPRF match wasnít even close. the kid from CO was a heck of wrestler. The kid is built like a tank! DL seemed to have a head injury and Med F his Consi match. CO kid Reminded me of Patrick Brucki when he was in High School. (when will CS be relevant again? Illinois needs them) He might take home the Cowboy Hat.

195 - OPRF DM took out the number 1 seed. Very weird match. OPRF took him down early and decided to go optional? ( I would like to know what mindset was) Both wrestlers had very good technique and some nice scrambles. Late in the 3rd the kid cut OPRF and took him down but OPRF never turned and faced his opponent but the ref award another 2 which made the match closer than it really was. OPRF in the semis has a tough kid from Clovis. Two different styles.

Montini has a kid in the Consiís. - havenít had a chance to watch his matches..

220 - Nothing for Illinois

285 - Montini has a kid in the consiís

Could this tournament be more competitive than our state championships?

Wrestle through positions
Good to see an Illinois final at 126. Two outstanding wrestlers. Should be a great match. We might see it again in February.
Sponsored Links