Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Tournament Cancelations

Are any tournaments cancelled for tomorrow?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Brutal. D155 cancelled all activities for tomorrow. So no wrestling for Prairie Ridge, Cary, Crystal Lake South or Crystal Lake Central.

Was cancelled before it even started to rain.
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

It is getting embarrassing that any time the weather people call for a storm, the administration cancels everything. It is not like people cannot make their own decisions. They can leave early or not go at all. I have been hearing about the terrible weather for 3 days and we drove to Sycamore this morning without any problems at all. Then, we drove home this afternoon getting back around 5 without any problems either.
People freak out for everything anymore. Snowflakes and poor weatherman who need ratings are aggravating me.
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Ridiculous!!!

Shame on the districts that canceled events or would not let their schools compete, some as early as Friday at 10:00 AM. Chauncey Carrick and Sycamore ran a solid tournament in spite of the no-shows but the drive to and from was nothing out of the ordinary for a winter in the Chicagoland area. I am sure the coaches and wrestlers wanted to compete but the school districts just don't want ANYTHING to fall back on them.
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookleft goright View Post
It is getting embarrassing that any time the weather people call for a storm, the administration cancels everything. It is not like people cannot make their own decisions. They can leave early or not go at all. I have been hearing about the terrible weather for 3 days and we drove to Sycamore this morning without any problems at all. Then, we drove home this afternoon getting back around 5 without any problems either.
People freak out for everything anymore. Snowflakes and poor weatherman who need ratings are aggravating me.
So Bloomington made the trip to sycamore while Mahomet Seymour decided to go beat up on a bunch of class a school's,I guess it's easy to see who's preparing for the state series
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfc46 View Post
So Bloomington made the trip to sycamore while Mahomet Seymour decided to go beat up on a bunch of class a school's,I guess it's easy to see who's preparing for the state series
I doubt the Mahomet coaches had any input on not being able to make the trip. That was most likely the superintendents decision. The kids were lucky enough to get to wrestle on Saturday. There were quite a few teams that didn't get to wrestle, now are scrambling to get another tournament in.
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GETOFFYOURHIP View Post
I doubt the Mahomet coaches had any input on not being able to make the trip. That was most likely the superintendents decision. The kids were lucky enough to get to wrestle on Saturday. There were quite a few teams that didn't get to wrestle, now are scrambling to get another tournament in.
I think he was referring to the schedule. Mahomet went to Class A school tourney while Bloomington went to sycamore. I think coaches pick the schedule for the most part
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
I think he was referring to the schedule. Mahomet went to Class A school tourney while Bloomington went to sycamore. I think coaches pick the schedule for the most part
Mahomet was supposed to be at the Sycamore tournament but cancelled because of the weather. Prairie Central was kind enough to let them last minute since they were not able to make the Sycamore tournament.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

They were not the only school that was originally entered in one tournament and were lucky enough to find a different tournament that their administration signed off on.
Sponsored Links