Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 2 Weeks Ago
dodger

Send a message via AIM to dodger
Desanto

Any updates on Desanto? Just curious if the knee is in bad shape or what? I myself didn't think it looked like anything that would cause too much of an injury, but he sure had a look of agony on his face, so if he was faking as some people suggest, he's damn good actor!
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
Any updates on Desanto? Just curious if the knee is in bad shape or what? I myself didn't think it looked like anything that would cause too much of an injury, but he sure had a look of agony on his face, so if he was faking as some people suggest, he's damn good actor!
IMO, watching that match live, and rewinding it 20-30 times, I also didn't think that it looked like anything happened. His knee wasn't torqued out or hyperextended.
I would have to say that DeSanto had to have a previous injury that he was trying to conceal, by not taping/wrapping/bracing it, or there was a dislocation - that could cause a great deal of pain in that moment.

I wouldn't want to speculate on whether or not he was faking.
I wouldn't think you could reach that level and be scared to wrestle anyone.
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

If you watch it RBY does take the toe to the outside of the knee to get the leg for the first cradle. That puts a lot of pressure on the inside of the knee. It wasn't any thing we would even think twice about normally because of how flexible some of these guys are and the positions they are willing to fight through. If Desanto had a previous injury, then something like that can aggravate that a injury pretty quickly.

However, both those cradles were tight when they were stopped which makes one wonder if he can defend himself when he's getting some tork and pressure put on that knee.
Old 1 Week Ago

I dont think it would be right for any of us to speculate on an injury, for that reason, I'm going to. Just listen to what brands said. As his coach, he would not have hung his own athlete out like that unless he was thinking same thing we all are tiptoeing around, he was faking to avoid the pin. Twice! That was an emotional breakdown. No college wrestler of his caliber would scream to his coach from the mat like he was in 5th grade unless he was trying to convince his coach of something. Reminds me of a 3rd grader yelling he is getting choked. If I'm wrong, then brands is wrong. I believe the coach. He will be back on mat much faster than nolf was after his injury, and nolf handled it like a college man.
Sponsored Links