Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clearly View Post

Gotta love Luff with the major. Good stuff
He sure seems like a hard worker. I thought Esposito would give him some problems, but it was not even close. I think the announcers mentioned that The Open Mat had him ranked but not Flo. They also suggested that Flo will be looking at him now. I know the Coaches' Rankings have him in the top thirty, and that was before this win.

After this season, we get three more years of Cardani starting things off and Luffman with the finishing touches. That makes me happy. Cheers!

GO ILLINI!!!
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
He sure seems like a hard worker. I thought Esposito would give him some problems, but it was not even close. I think the announcers mentioned that The Open Mat had him ranked but not Flo. They also suggested that Flo will be looking at him now. I know the Coaches' Rankings have him in the top thirty, and that was before this win.

After this season, we get three more years of Cardani starting things off and Luffman with the finishing touches. That makes me happy. Cheers!

GO ILLINI!!!
Cardani, the Braunagels and Luffman have bright futures ahead of them.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Mr. Headlock Shleprock is there. Boo! Robin Ficker, Maryland fan, is the most annoying boomer in the world.

Dual starts at 174 and David Riojas takes out Maryland's one ranked wrestler 10-5. Wow. Lots of takedowns. You have to be happy for Riojas. He looked good there.

The announcer is like an Old World riddle. Every other thing he says is false, forcing you to figure out which is true so that you can escape through the right passage out of the warlock's castle.

I like the idea of the two-piece wrestling "outfit" but at least in this match, not a good look. The Maryland kids look like basketball wrestlers.

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 1 Week Ago at 04:01 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Zac Braunagel with the tech fall over the pissed-off Terp wrestler.

Wrobo-cop had that one. Then didn't have it.

Luffman with the foot-sweep trip to a takedown! That gets special mention.

Quote:
Luffman with the foot-sweep trip to a takedown!
He tried another footsweep. Almost worked. Luffman with the major.

Cardani is an under-appreciated rider. Big ride out of Brandon Cray, who's really UM's best wrestler.

The score is ILLINI 15, Maryland 3.

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 1 Week Ago at 02:57 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

INTERMISSION

It was good to see Cardani not get the first-period takedown and still work a good opponent in the next two periods for a win. He's a smart wrestler.

I think the two-piece wrestling "suit" would work well with tight shorts. The way they look on Maryland it seems that their wrestlers took a break from the Doritos and Call of Duty, rolled off the couch and walked out onto the mat, rubbing their eyes.

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 1 Week Ago at 03:54 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

The Great Indestructible Pio with the win, making the team score 18-3 good guys. Robin Ficker has been pretty mute in this one. Duncan with a quick 6-0 lead. During intermission, Duncan was practicing his hi-c to the opponent's left leg. Guess what he used for the takedown?
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Duncan with the double arm bars. Pinfall!
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Mousa Jodeh had a guy pinned longer than I've ever seen!
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

28-3 ILLINI.

Yes! Mousa Jodeh with the major.

Robin Ficker actually made me laugh. You could hear him saying, "Eric, you should be worried," talking to Barone.
Old 1 Week Ago
Olympian

Barone with the win against a game opponent. The ILLINI forfeit at 165. Hope Danny Brawlnagel is okay. Final score is 31-9.

I thought the refs were excellent. Maryland coach was smart to get a loss of mat control warning when his wrestler needed a lung break.

The broadcast wasn't horrible. The stream was strong.

Robin Ficker was annoying. We in the wrestling community must keep Maryland down because if they ever achieve any success, that guy will be insufferable again.

Man of the Match: MOUSA JODEH!

GO ILLINI!!!
Sponsored Links