Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 07-21-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVV View Post
HWT is loaded right now with young studs. A red-shirt (if not this year) somewhere down the line is recommended. This was his 1st year at HWT so putting on some good weight couldn't hurt.
Hwt in the Big Ten is loaded. Paris, Cassioppi, Singletary or Kirkivet, Cassar , Stevenson just to name a few. Redshirting him would be the wise decision. Even though the best option at Illinois.
Old 07-22-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcc club coach View Post
Hwt in the Big Ten is loaded. Paris, Cassioppi, Singletary or Kirkivet, Cassar , Stevenson just to name a few. Redshirting him would be the wise decision. Even though the best option at Illinois.
In a perfect world, I always feel a fifth-year senior is more valuable than a true freshman. There are tons of factors involved, though, and it probably differs from individual to individual. It is a good problem to have when there are true freshmen who could help in the lineup.

I am thinking about the year the Braunagels are redshirt seniors, with Luffman and Lucas Byrd (potentially) as redshirt juniors, along with a lineup that includes Odom, Cardani, Sims, Lopez, Heard, Sizemore, D.J. Shannon, Zaccone, and others that I'm forgetting (sorry) ... and that may be the next Golden Age of ILLINI wrestling.

GO ILLINI!!!
Old 08-03-2019
Olympian

Congratulations to Luke Luffman, who was named as USA Wrestling's Athlete of the Week!

[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/23876049@N06/][/url
Old 08-04-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini1 View Post
... and that may be the next Golden Age of ILLINI wrestling.

GO ILLINI!!!
What was the best year for Illini wrestling ever? And in the last 30 years?

What about in Football or Basketball?

What is the biggest sport they were Nat.Champs in?
Old 08-05-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonjuan44 View Post
what was the best year for illini wrestling ever? And in the last 30 years?

off the top of my head, i'd say the years from john lockhart to mike poeta were golden times. There have be amazing individuals since then, jesse delgado and imar, just to name two, but the lineups during that last golden era were salty top to bottom.

what about in football or basketball?

john bardeen won two nobel prizes in physics and repped the orange and blue. That's better than everything the state of alabama has done since the civil war.

what is the biggest sport they were nat.champs in?

the university of illinois was mentioned in the tom cruise movie risky business.
go illini!!!

Last edited by ChiefIllini1; 08-05-2019 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Weird no caps thing happened, man
Old 08-05-2019
Varsity

One could argue that in context the Risky Business line was one of the worst things that ever happened to the U of I.
Old 08-05-2019
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay31 View Post
One could argue that in context the Risky Business line was one of the worst things that ever happened to the U of I.
Old 08-06-2019
Olympian

What's gonna happen if Joey Silva and Real Woods meet at CKLV? (https://bit.ly/2Zn66hz)

What is the one line recap of this story? Who is who, I am not wrestling literate enough to know who is who.
Old 08-07-2019
Olympian

I have figured out why Ellis Coleman didn't wrestle at the Poland Open. He just received his draw for the Pan Am Games. He faces Joilson De Brito Ramos Junior from Brazil (gold at 2017 and 2018 Junior Pan Ams, bronze at 2019 Senior Pan Ams) in the first round.

I guess the Pan Am Games are only wrestling Olympic weights.

Also of interest: Michael Carr nemesis Jaydin Eierman faces a Cuban two-time world bronze medalist in the first round. Ouch! Also, Pat Downey wrestles a Jamaican in the first round. I am going to suggest that they drug test those athletes before, during and after that match. Then, later in the hotel room, man.

GO IRTC!!!
Old 08-07-2019
Olympian

Ellis Coleman wins another medal! That virtual trophy cabinet for the IRTC is getting wicked loaded. He won his bronze match tonight to now become a Pan Am Games medalist. Coleman had already medaled in the Pan Am Championships.

He had a major hurdle on his side of the bracket: The Cuban who is a World Champion. That's the one that got away earlier in the day, but he came back for bronze. Time for Coleman and Nowry to peak for the World Championships.

GO IRTC!!!
Sponsored Links