Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
Twist said if he didn't edit it, he wouldn't have survived..... That seems to imply something "not great"
Thank you.

It is possible if Twist didn't cover that up, then Izzy would have survived with a pretty big "warning" and maybe some more mentorship from Bu while he took the helm. He was the assistant coach for some time before this.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

John 15:18-25

I get it Mr. Twister, you didn't want to make enemies. That's a very real risk. That no one will listen to you and then they will hate you for it. I suppose that's why I'm (mostly) out of wrestling.

When the Truth alienates people, you have to understand that they are living in the world. Selfishness drives them, success seems like the answer to all their problems. It is most certainly not.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Mike, You are kind of making it sound like Twist covered up a sex abuse case or something. knowing both of them I am guessing Izzy used a little colorful language from being over excited or something. I mean, we should't cuss on the air but it is not the end of the world.

but honestly, your piety and wrestling experience would make you a prime candidate for the Montini job. You interested?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

not

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyourtoes View Post
ROFLMAO....ok man.

Besides, Nate Dogg seems to be settlling in over at IC
Nate Dogg is NOT Izzy. bottom line
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by martel732 View Post
Montini wouldn’t make the same mistake twice. Besides, they probably wouldn’t hire him because he’s not a practicing Catholic! 😂
Was Izzy a practicing Catholic? As one who goes to mass daily I would be ecstatic if he was. There is beauty in the mass and prayers. People ignore those facts and dont understand them.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Olympian

yeah....... but there is a mighty thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Downgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Weber View Post
Nate Dogg is NOT Izzy. bottom line
Lol correct. I think Nate already blew his chance at Montini a few years back
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpioneer View Post
Mike, You are kind of making it sound like Twist covered up a sex abuse case or something. knowing both of them I am guessing Izzy used a little colorful language from being over excited or something. I mean, we should't cuss on the air but it is not the end of the world.

but honestly, your piety and wrestling experience would make you a prime candidate for the Montini job. You interested?
If the only thing Izzy said was a couple of swears, then why not publish it? I would not imagine Izzy getting fired for that at all.

I contacted the AD 8 days ago when I heard about the resignation. However, they would probably consider me a liability because unless Montini comes out with a story, if kids tell me things that happened, I would report it to the police if that's what it requires. I don't know if that's what the school has in mind...
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Wrestling Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketamillow View Post
Mr. Twister, I know you are a good guy but I hope you realize that covering up things like that is what causes situations like this. Everyone covers it up thinking they are doing the right thing until it comes out and then it's hot potato and everyone is to blame. Opppsss!

When people don't cover stuff up, feedback comes back early and often. Maybe the outside world can correct the actions better then the exclusive group of those involved. Most perpetrators are victims of similar circumstances. They take for granted that this might be acceptable in life.

Yes, he might return. If the Catholics are good at one thing, it is covering things up (almost) forever. When I was at Fenwick one of the teachers had sex with an underage student. Although the administration knew, they asked him to resign and then he almost immediately got a job at Oak Park River Forest High School. I do wonder what the recommendation letter looked like, though.
I hear you and agreed to a point. This was never as serious as sex with a minor. Basically I was saving Izzy from his self until he learned what to say during an interview. always speaking your mind as a new hire is not always a good thing. I don’t feel bad about it. Look at what the next 8 years Izzy gave Illinois. He did way more good than bad.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR TWISTER View Post
I hear you and agreed to a point. This was never as serious as sex with a minor. Basically I was saving Izzy from his self until he learned what to say during an interview. always speaking your mind as a new hire is not always a good thing. I don’t feel bad about it. Look at what the next 8 years Izzy gave Illinois. He did way more good than bad.
Ok, let's back off the sex charges. That had absolutely nothing to do with Izzy and more to do with Catholic cover-ups. However, we do not really have a viable metric to measure good vs. bad.

Even if you always do the right thing, people won't necessarily understand. It's a tough decision what to share and what not to. I think the answer comes down to whether your interests are selfish or not.
Sponsored Links