Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IESA

Old 2 Weeks Ago

There are several kids not listed as your placers that dominate several kids that you have listed!!! How can you post this without knowing anything?? 😳 Crazy... Now I really want this to be rescheduled
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Stay off the head

It's not going to be, move on
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramled13 View Post
There are several kids not listed as your placers that dominate several kids that you have listed!!! How can you post this without knowing anything?? 😳 Crazy... Now I really want this to be rescheduled
Just because someone beat someone with a lucky headlock caught them in a neck wrench or beat them a year ago doesn’t mean they’ll beat them again. I don’t know as much about the kids 119 and over. Give me the name or weight of your complaint. Everyone wants to know the right answer since you said mine was wrong.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
It's not going to be, move on
I hate to say “I can’t believe there are people still thinking and dreaming about little Joey winning a title or medal”. But then again this is Matmen forum. I would think by now some of these parents would be smart enough to put things into perspective and forget about wrestling for now. Wrestling isn’t everything. People on these forums shouldn’t be worried about the state tournament. School has been canceled for two weeks. That is just a start. Don’t be surprised if school is done for the year. Do you care?
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Stay off the head

Agreed Earl, and are they discussing this with little Joey? Hey don't worry Dad's going to start a petition! How about using this as a teaching moment, sometimes life isn't fair and things are out of our control. You're not helping your kids this way by not helping them to move on. Besides there are way more important things that need our focus and attention now. Get some perspective people!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffHall View Post
Agreed Earl, and are they discussing this with little Joey? Hey don't worry Dad's going to start a petition! How about using this as a teaching moment, sometimes life isn't fair and things are out of our control. You're not helping your kids this way by not helping them to move on. Besides there are way more important things that need our focus and attention now. Get some perspective people!
Agree wholeheartedly. For most of these kids, there will be wrestling next year and if there isn't, it will be because they have chosen to do other things.

Other kids their ages are not so lucky. I note that Walt Disney World and Disneyland will be shutting down this weekend. There are kids in the Make a Wish and Give Kids the World programs that will not get to visit there and for whom there isn't a next year period.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
Benson beat Lewis earlier in the year.
And lewis beat him just last week
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Junior Varsity

IKWF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramled13 View Post
“Dominate several kids” If you really want to show how tough your kid is, give the stud a challenge, go IKWF state series next year. Or if he’s an 8th grader, send him to a 3A school.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomstick View Post
Benson beat Lewis earlier in the year.
He beat him by a point. Lewis beat him at sectionals 11-2. He’s been putting in the work!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Varsity

Anyone doing AA?? I would try, but I honestly don't know enough of the kids well enough to do a respectable job of it.