Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IKWF

Old 04-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshineboy View Post
1. Ignatius = Harvard

2. Loyola = Yale

3. Brother Rice = Cornell

4. Marist = Princeton
The Christian Brothers have done a fine job at 99th and Pulaski over the past 50+ years. However, it would be inaccurate to rank Brother Rice in the same category as the other 3 schools listed above. A better choice to include in this group would be Fenwick. Numerous criteria (mean ACT/SAT scores, number Illinois State Scholars, number of college AP classes offered, and the destination colleges of their graduates) would firmly place Ignatius, Loyola, Fenwick and Marist well above Brother Rice.
Old 04-10-2012
Varsity

Quote:
ModestMouse

Walter???

I do know Isaiah White lives in Plainfield East district.
Is anyone really surprised by this? OPRF is doing a great job recruiting top IKWF wrestlers from outside their district. Kudos to OPRF.
Old 04-11-2012
Psalm 37:5

ND

Quote:
1. Ignatius = Harvard

2. Loyola = Yale

4. Marist = Princeton

I'll go with that...and this:

Mount Carmel = Notre Dame

hehehe
Old 04-11-2012
Psalm 37:5

Isaiah Walter White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestMouse View Post
Walter???

I do know Isaiah White lives in Plainfield East district.
I believe he has gone by both: Isaiah Walter White. It doesn't matter where he lives right now, it only matters where he lives when he enrolls in HS. Am I correct on this? No violation or rules being broken with the IHSA right?
Old 04-11-2012

They love to grab kids from all over the state over at OPRF. Kind of redicilous but it's whatever. Oh and by the way Im pretty such academic wise, Fenwick and Ignatius are top in the CCL, Brother Rice is absolutly nowhere near as "smart" as either of those two schools.
Old 04-11-2012
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGrap81 View Post
They love to grab kids from all over the state over at OPRF. Kind of redicilous but it's whatever. Oh and by the way Im pretty such academic wise, Fenwick and Ignatius are top in the CCL, Brother Rice is absolutly nowhere near as "smart" as either of those two schools.
Weak statement. of all the private schools across the country. (over 2ooo of them) Br Rice is always ranked in the top 50 with St Ignatius and Loyola. Marist and Fenwick are not. But then what is the criteria for judgement? St Rita has 5 going to ivy league. Kids going to a Big ten school? Providence has 17. Marist parents drinking in a bar on 111th st talking how great their world is? countless....lol
Old 04-11-2012
Olympian

Quote:
1. Ignatius = Harvard

2. Loyola = Yale

4. Marist = Princeton
This whole thing is pretty silly...wouldn't you generally pick a Catholic School mainly by where you live? (or maybe I love the Chicago commute too much) (except when you live next to one that doesn't take home school kids, but another does - I know someone who this happened to.)

You generally go live at a College. I guess parents who went to a public school don't quite get it...wouldn't this be just as valid a comparison....

1. Ignatius = Kit Kat Bar

2. Loyola = 100,000 Bar

3. Brother Rice = 3 Muskateers or possibly Twix

4. Marist = Snickers - but only the new almond type
5. Providence = Hershey Bar
Old 04-11-2012
On the Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Cider View Post
Weak statement. of all the private schools across the country. (over 2ooo of them) Br Rice is always ranked in the top 50 with St Ignatius and Loyola. Marist and Fenwick are not. But then what is the criteria for judgement? St Rita has 5 going to ivy league. Kids going to a Big ten school? Providence has 17. Marist parents drinking in a bar on 111th st talking how great their world is? countless....lol

That's a good one. I thought this was a wrestling forum and I would assume you were ranking private schools with great academics that also have wrestling programs. Don't know why Br. Rice would be included on this list. I can't even remember if they had a team last year or over the past couple of decades for that matter. It looks to me like they are on the verge of only sending a half line up to Regionals like they did all of the 80's, 90's and early 2000's. I feel terrible for kids who chose to wrestle there. I hope they are only interested in the "great" academics at Br. Rice because whomever lied to them and told them they have a wrestling program should be investigated by the IHSA.
Old 04-11-2012
Varsity

Hayes???

Are any of the Punke boys moving North???
Old 04-11-2012
On the Reg

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Cider View Post
Oh and by the way when it comes to academics Marist has 7 kids playing football in the Ivy league alone, 10 kids wrestling in college including 2 big ten schools and our Math team just beat Br. Rice's math team by 800 points(not an exaggeration) in a numbers fight. ( I'm assuming that is the term they use instead of dual meets)
Sponsored Links