Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > IHSA 3A

Old 05-01-2018
Varsity

IHSA recommendation

The Ad Hoc committee made the following recommendation to the IHSA Board

Recommendation: 2 separate proposals made in this category
A. Wrestling will move to a category of three class individual sports (40% in 1A, 30% in 2A, 30%
in 3A), and music will be eliminated from application of the waiver process and success
adjustment.

This would move about 28 schools down to 1A and about 15 schools down to 2A
Old 05-01-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
music will be eliminated from application of the waiver process and success adjustment.
But I like music...

In all seriousness, if bonus multipliers and success factors are removed (which is what I think was meant here) that will go a long way to solving many of the team championship grumbles.

It would give a much better dispersal of talent -- especially in 2A.

Absent the multipliers and success factors in place last year, you would've had a helluva 3A team tournament I'll tellya that.

Just find a way to police the public schools that act like private schools and then we'd be all set I think... from a team perspective anyway.
Old 05-01-2018
The Cleaner

If multipliers and success factor both went away and the 30/30/40 passed would Montini and Aurora Christian be in the same regional in A?
Old 05-01-2018
Varsity

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Truth is Out There;543325]But I like music...

In all seriousness, if bonus multipliers and success factors are removed (which is what I think was meant here) that will go a long way to solving many of the team championship grumbles.

- Where is there any dialog coming out of IHSA that they would get rid of multiplier. I dont understand the "music" reference, Can someone explain?
- Would they get rid of multiplier for wrestling and what about other sports? Do other sports use similar multiplier? I dont think they would get rid of something for one sport and not others.

Absent the multipliers and success factors in place last year, you would've had a helluva 3A team tournament I'll tellya that.
Old 05-01-2018
not new at all

Music is an IHSA activity in which the waiver process and success adjustment won’t be applied to

Last edited by justamin; 05-01-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2018
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth is Out There View Post
But I like music...

It would give a much better dispersal of talent -- especially in 2A.

Just find a way to police the public schools that act like private schools and then we'd be all set I think... from a team perspective anyway.
They are not planning on removing the multipliers or success factors. In a different recommendation they do suggest a change for the success factor. Classes would only be adjusted every 2 years. For the success factor you would need to have earned a trophy in both of those years.
Old 05-02-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
They are not planning on removing the multipliers or success factors. In a different recommendation they do suggest a change for the success factor. Classes would only be adjusted every 2 years. For the success factor you would need to have earned a trophy in both of those years.
Explain "music" from your original post then... was this a typo? What were you TRYING to say?

...or were you truly making a point about "music" activities that has no relevance to wrestling whatsoever.

I couldn't in my wildest dreams ever envision the IHSA applying a waiver process and success adjustment to "music" activities but I've been surprised before...
Old 05-02-2018
Olympian

Music in an IHSA activity with 2 classes. They are intending on removing the success from music competition is my understanding.
Old 05-02-2018
Olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-HUG View Post
Music in an IHSA activity with 2 classes. They are intending on removing the success from music competition is my understanding.
Okey doke.

As the original post was made using a point A.) (with no point B.)), I assumed it was all part of the same point being made.

My bad.

Go music.
Old 05-02-2018
Varsity

I posted it as it was written. I guess I could have deleted the part about music. Sorry for the confusion.
Sponsored Links