Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherthrowyathenknowya View Post
Im curious Slim your opion on Jaime Hernandez you have seen enough of him to tell if he is at his best now or could he benefit from a redshirt ?
He beat Ac headlee in a wrestle off .Im sure his state tournament last year did not end the way he wanted it to but watching him this season beat a tough kid like Headlee he looked great and a solid 33 if he can make that weight .
Headlee won the Hokie open beating Madrigal ODU 3-2 in the finals.Madrigal beat Hernandez 4-2.
I think you see Hernandez redshirt unless theres a injury
Old 1 Week Ago
Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Im curious Slim your opion on Jaime Hernandez you have seen enough of him to tell if he is at his best now or could he benefit from a redshirt ?
He beat Ac headlee in a wrestle off .Im sure his state tournament last year did not end the way he wanted it to but watching him this season beat a tough kid like Headlee he looked great and a solid 33 if he can make that weight .
I think he and Headlee are a toss up right now. I think they redshirt him to get 5 years of Headlee/Hernandez as opposed to 4yrs of Headlee/Hernandez. Neither is big enough to be a factor at 149 right now and I don't think Hernandez will ever see 133 again. One of them will sit next year and beyond unless O'Connor grows out of 149.
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by calotofwrestling View Post
Headlee won the Hokie open beating Madrigal ODU 3-2 in the finals.Madrigal beat Hernandez 4-2.
I think you see Hernandez redshirt unless theres a injury
Thanks for the info.Did Alex madrigal beat Hernandez at 41 ?
Old 1 Week Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Thanks for the info.Did Alex madrigal beat Hernandez at 41 ?
Yes he did.
Old 3 Days Ago
CS8

Rudy Yates

Anyone know what's up with Rudy this year? I know he took a RS last year, and did well when he competed. Just saw he didn't wrestle at their most recent tourney though. Was hoping to see him in the lineup this year, he's always been a blast to watch.
Old 1 Day Ago
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailerMan View Post
Anyone know what's up with Rudy this year? I know he took a RS last year, and did well when he competed. Just saw he didn't wrestle at their most recent tourney though. Was hoping to see him in the lineup this year, he's always been a blast to watch.
Yates is still listed on the roster . I also hope we see him this year he was something like 15-2!as a redshirt .I think his main competition to win the spot at 33 is jack Wagner who he beat last year .
Sponsored Links