Illinois Matmen Forums Illinois Matmen Forums

Go Back   Illinois Matmen Forums > Statewide > College

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 1 Week Ago
calotofwrestling calotofwrestling is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherthrowyathenknowya View Post
Im curious Slim your opion on Jaime Hernandez you have seen enough of him to tell if he is at his best now or could he benefit from a redshirt ?
He beat Ac headlee in a wrestle off .Im sure his state tournament last year did not end the way he wanted it to but watching him this season beat a tough kid like Headlee he looked great and a solid 33 if he can make that weight .
Headlee won the Hokie open beating Madrigal ODU 3-2 in the finals.Madrigal beat Hernandez 4-2.
I think you see Hernandez redshirt unless theres a injury
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 1 Week Ago
PapaBearSLIM's Avatar
PapaBearSLIM PapaBearSLIM is offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in a galaxy far, far away....
Posts: 5,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherthrowyathenknowya View Post
Im curious Slim your opion on Jaime Hernandez you have seen enough of him to tell if he is at his best now or could he benefit from a redshirt ?
He beat Ac headlee in a wrestle off .Im sure his state tournament last year did not end the way he wanted it to but watching him this season beat a tough kid like Headlee he looked great and a solid 33 if he can make that weight .
I think he and Headlee are a toss up right now. I think they redshirt him to get 5 years of Headlee/Hernandez as opposed to 4yrs of Headlee/Hernandez. Neither is big enough to be a factor at 149 right now and I don't think Hernandez will ever see 133 again. One of them will sit next year and beyond unless O'Connor grows out of 149.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 1 Week Ago
ratherthrowyathenknowya ratherthrowyathenknowya is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by calotofwrestling View Post
Headlee won the Hokie open beating Madrigal ODU 3-2 in the finals.Madrigal beat Hernandez 4-2.
I think you see Hernandez redshirt unless theres a injury
Thanks for the info.Did Alex madrigal beat Hernandez at 41 ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 1 Week Ago
Pigeon Toed Pigeon Toed is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherthrowyathenknowya View Post
Thanks for the info.Did Alex madrigal beat Hernandez at 41 ?
Yes he did.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 3 Days Ago
RailerMan RailerMan is offline
CS8
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central IL
Posts: 103
Rudy Yates

Anyone know what's up with Rudy this year? I know he took a RS last year, and did well when he competed. Just saw he didn't wrestle at their most recent tourney though. Was hoping to see him in the lineup this year, he's always been a blast to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 1 Day Ago
ratherthrowyathenknowya ratherthrowyathenknowya is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailerMan View Post
Anyone know what's up with Rudy this year? I know he took a RS last year, and did well when he competed. Just saw he didn't wrestle at their most recent tourney though. Was hoping to see him in the lineup this year, he's always been a blast to watch.
Yates is still listed on the roster . I also hope we see him this year he was something like 15-2!as a redshirt .I think his main competition to win the spot at 33 is jack Wagner who he beat last year .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.